• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Stu's Sadface Findings

Started by [8-----D] Toots, March 24, 2010, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

I'll bring along a crt so people can feel the differnece between lag and no lag.

Does anyone have av cables for the xbox?

fluxcore

I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again.

Buy a shit LCD monitor and get shit performance.

There is no fundamental reason why LCD monitors HAVE to have lag, and if you actually do some looking it's not hard to find 0 frame input delay lcd monitors. Just because some places have shit monitors/tvs doesn't mean that LCDs are shit, just the places.

CRT can diaf.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Toomeke on March 24, 2010, 09:25:40 AM
I'll bring along a crt so people can feel the differnece between lag and no lag.

Does anyone have av cables for the xbox?

The xbox at giga has AV cables

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Yeah that's fine, I know there are supposed to be lagless LCD's but from all the LCD screen's that I have played on at different events and gatherings not one has felt lag free like a decent crt does. Look even the EVO monitor has been proven to have a little bit of lag http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174085&p=8300756&viewfull=1#post8300756 and they spent months trying to find something before they found that thing. The only proven way to make an  LCD lag 100% free is using the HD fury and thats assuming you have a very good monitor already.

Oh and buying a good lcd generally results in lag more so than a shit one. More post processing and the likes are added to make the good ones stand out in the showrooms/displays/whatever.

zos'la

I really don't think its a matter of the price for LCD but more of how it was made?
I mean how people here knows what is a good LCD spec for a PS3 and what is not? personally I don't.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on March 24, 2010, 10:00:38 AM
Oh and buying a good lcd generally results in lag more so than a shit one. More post processing and the likes are added to make the good ones stand out in the showrooms/displays/whatever.

You make the classic mistake of assuming what 'good' means.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

sorry to have english as my second language, care to explain?

I'm no guru but my cheap VW24H 24' assus monitor is doing really well with my PS3. I am sharing my experience rather than just, talk.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Get Ben to come around with his crt and SHOW you the difference.

massi4h

Well Giga has a projector. So I don't see the harm in using Ben's CRT and projecting it on the projector for everyone else to see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on March 24, 2010, 12:15:30 PM
Well Giga has a projector. So I don't see the harm in using Ben's CRT and projecting it on the projector for everyone else to see.

I dont see the harm in you shutting-the-hell-up mason.

No idea why i said that. Just seemed like a good time to.

But seriously, yea, no harm in that imo. Then we can chill on the couches instead of breaking the plastic chairs.

>_>

<_<

I mean, taking good care of the plastic chairs.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

bags not using the crt .
looks ugly as hell and being in 4:3 makes it looked fucked up .
16:9 High def for me thanks  8)

so in summary , Id much rather play on the lcd at giga on the 360 , its fine .
and i will bring my vga cable too if nessacery 
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[8-----D] Toots

Ok this has turned into a pretty dumb discussion but thats what happens on NZism. Partly my fault but whatever

The real problem is that the LCD tv's at giga lag and aren't acceptable for any serious tournament IMO. I have no problem playing on lcds that have been proven to be lag free or somewhat close to it (1-2 frames of lag) but anything else is a joke in all honesty. I keep rambling on about CRT's only because they are known to be lag free and are very easy to get a hold of. So yeah either the people who organise event's will start using better equipment or I'm just gona keep on complaining about it because I actually care more about the quality of play rather than how nice the graphics look.

fluxcore

Well you don't need to look at me for that one. Obviously lag is something that needs to be avoided, there are other ways than resorting to CRTs though.

As for the 'on nzism' remark, yeah, I'm getting pretty pissed off with everything here at the moment. Tempted to delete everything and you can all work shit out by yourselves. Fuck this community tbh, I'd rather deal with the tekken guys.

geneterror

Stink bro, I never say anything negative on here and I don't think a lot of others do either. Would hate to lose this place as nothing would ever get organised without it.

What exactly has been so bad lately? I actually view this as one of the better forums I go to. Would really suck for me as I don't/can't play Tekken so a Tekken forum is no use to me.

I've barely been to Shoryuken etc lately becasue NZism covers most of my needs.
KOW 2011