• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

SF3:3s video thread

Started by [8-----D] Toots, March 29, 2010, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Anyone know who the top akuma players are (preferably japanese I guess). JR Rodriguez is awesome but I wanna learn a bit more than gimmicks lol.

I wanna see more players like this guy:

moose!

JR is pretty shit, imo... you shouldn't even bother watching the vast majority of US play imo.

The two main JP Goukis to watch are Kuroda (does a lot of stuff no one else dares try including a taunt setup out of tatsus) and Yuki Otoko (who is just known for being balls out all the time), though with the amount od danisen ranbats and casual matches you will probably find some of the other big names like Boss or KO playing him which are worth a look too.

[8-----D] Toots

Top akuma players are like

Boss, Yuki Otoko, Uraken, Match, Kuroda and I guess Jiro although he is like Japanese JR Rodriguez. He uses sa2 in some matchups 8)

PaulT and Harmonaz are pretty sick Akumas that arent from Japan.

moose!

Kuroda in SBO 08 finals

In saying that, Kuroda is actually a Q player by trade... though all his characters are worth a watch, especially his Dudley imo (he sells a DVD of win streaks for every character except Chun).

moose!

RX has qualified for SBO '10! (though wouldn't be on his team w/ Koshun (CH) and Roshi (YA) taking out Tougeki).

Semi-finals and finals of the qualifier, aka RX smashing everyone  :o 
That midscreen on Yang makes my head explode.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm11032762

geneterror

Quote from: moose! on June 14, 2010, 09:54:01 AM
That midscreen on Yang makes my head explode.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm11032762
I don't even play a lot of 3S but that shit was SEXY!
KOW 2011

moose!

Every round seems to have something fucked up but entirely deliberate- like the pretty unique/situational first round Aegis setup which he actually fails to confirm seconds prior, and the second round where he headbutts dudleys rose to air reset himself  ??? 

samurai black

because sean antics are awesome :D

fluxcore

as posted on iplaywinner, sure most of you 3s heads have probably seen all this stuff, but I think it's worth posting

also, rx is the man

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

haha at the 'RETS GO JUSTIN' at 4:52

Gino

I want to hear the crowd in those matches.

Chuckk

yeah that vid is crazy. that makoto is nuts, rx is rx, and haha, is that Jiro going balls out akuma?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

moose!

They're mostly Danisen battles so I'm pretty sure the Gouki is either Boss or KO (the one getting destroyed by RX was definitely Boss).
The Mak is probably either Boss or Mimora, but I'm less sure.

Edit: And the white Ken is likely Nuki. :)

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

moose!