• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

DEAD: Auckland - Game Paradise Lorne Street (R.I.P.)

Started by fluxcore, January 12, 2007, 11:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Thanks to Ulrira for the heads up on this one... more details would be great.

Supposedly has good Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike scene and is cheap.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Yeah I heard there's a decent 3S scene in there. I just picked up 3S again recently but my Dreamcast died so I can't practice at home. Ive been playing at Yifans a bit. I prefer the controllers at Yifans but I'll go where the good comp is.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

I actually tried to locate this arcade when I was up on Sat, walked right along Lorne but somehow missed it. Ah well, haven't played 3s for about 3 years anyway.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

It's not actually on Lorne Street the front entrance is on Queen St. If you leave Yifans through the Queen St exit and look across the road it's almost oppisite Yifans behind a bus stop.
KOW 2011

Ulrira

Nah, they moved. They're still in the same building just on the lorne st side.

The competition has kind of died down a bit too, probably because of the crap location.

fluxcore

Quote from: Ulrira on January 15, 2007, 02:21:10 PM
Nah, they moved. They're still in the same building just on the lorne st side.

The competition has kind of died down a bit too, probably because of the crap location.

I remember where they used to be, I did play against a pretty good Urien there once... guess I'll just have to open my eyes a bit wider next time.

--flux

Eddy_COMBO

Wassup guys

I haven't been to Games Paradise in a while heck it was on Queen St lol, but do they still have

Street Fighter EX2 plus alpha

I loved that game probaly the only 2D game where I have a chance to beat someone lol
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i went there 2day, but it sed they were closed....was it just a one off or what.......... ???

anyone know ???
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Ulrira

Yeah, um... aparrently they went bankrupt over the holidays :(

fluxcore

Quote from: Ulrira on February 09, 2007, 04:45:33 PM
Yeah, um... aparrently they went bankrupt over the holidays :(

Ahh... okay then... maybe that had something to do with why I couldn't find them?
Sad that yet another arcade has closed... there was a Yifan's in Hamilton a couple of years back that closed. Sad to see that one go (although it was pretty shady)

--flux

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

R.I.P GAMES PARADISE.......

How i loved your wacked out damage settings on mvc2.........i learned how to play kof2002 there...also those card machines will hold a special place in my heart ::)..it was the dopeness

loving son,husband and father.... :'(

amen
The New Generation Clockw0rk