• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Universal PCB project (sticks on multiple consoles)

Started by fluxcore, May 12, 2007, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Toodles over at SRK (who has a great, boobtastic avatar) has been working on a project which frankly kicks my ass and makes me squeal like a schoolgirl - a device which will allow a stick to play on any console (well, eventually). Rather than sacrificing and hacking a pad for each system, all that will be required is an extension cable (for the plug) and a 15pin dsub to plug into the device. Flashable over USB, yadda yadda... this thing sounds HOT.

Check out more details at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131230 if you're interested in this kind of thing.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

wow, that would be sweet. I do have a pic programmer atm and an account at microchipdirect. So chips are no problem ($15ish) :D

fluxcore

Yeah, I'm very tempted to try it - and the lack of PIC programmer is the main real stumbling block, so if I ever get around to it it'll be good to use yours.

As for the chip, you don't think Jaycar would have them? Or is microchipdirect extra cheap or something?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Microchipdirect is wholesale.
Alot cheaper than jaycar.