• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Christchurch Timezone Street Fighter IV tournament results :)

Started by CptMunta, April 03, 2010, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Cheers to everyone who came out to the Tournament today. Awesome stuff!
Especially to the new players that made the effort that aren't regulars ( yet  ;) )

Cheers to Redtie for supplying his laptop to Run Brackets and Support for SF4 pad players: Xbox 360 pad, PS3 pad and sticks.

Big thanks to Damon and the Timezone staff for being so accommodating and putting up such awesome prizes and for the free drinks! Also for having the machine in the first place which helped build the CHCH community. For the Free play sessions before and after the event. Goodtimes!

Without further hadou  ;) here are the results:

1st Place: Redite
Ryu, Bison, Guile

2nd Place: Nick4Now
Gouken, Rufus

3rd Place: Propafanda
Blanka, Sagat

Amazing results if you compare the results to the last tournament, some massive improvement across the board. Propafanda/Andrew has only been playing this game for a month!

Match of the event I reckon was me vs Nick, Final Round, Me catching you with Rose's Ultra then gouken having no life. So I throw a fireball at what I thought was full screen to chip you on wake up but.......
EX DP through the FB
Juggled to corner
Ultra

Epic finished that knocked me out of the tourney into 4th place. Good shit.  :'(

Some awesome other matches too. Loomie kicked ass with his Gen and solid efforts from Kim with his Ol' school Ken (Keen to check out your gear for next tourney bro), James with his Bison and Damon with his Ryu and Rose (Not TZ Damon another one).

On a personal note was stoked that the tournament was a success can't wait for the next one. Hope you all liked your Easter treat Street Fighter 4 dizzy chicks!:

Videos added:

Final Redite Guile vs Nick4Now Gouken

Loomie Gen vs Propafanda Blanka

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Holy fucking mean Marc!  You should so move up to the North Island!!!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on April 03, 2010, 07:46:19 PM
You are the man, Marc.

How many participants all up?

Cheers bro, only 9 but a good start, not bad for only a months notice. Timezone were stoked as were the punters which is the main thing. Lots of interest once the tourney had started.

Also got a few extra punters for the Super SF4 tourney at gamestation  8)

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 03, 2010, 07:19:26 PM
Holy fucking mean Marc!  You should so move up to the North Island!!!

Yeah that would be cool. You should guys come down for the next one. We've got a big empty house which needs to be filled with Street Fighters  ;D Got oe person coming from up north and is staying. Bring the Noise!

Cheers for all the praise and kind comments guys. Really stoked we finally a have a decent organized scene after all these years.

Oh and are most of the NZism crew at Cloud Lan? Hope it's going well. Did they score that SSF4 preview code?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Damn. Nice job.

Im a bit disappointed i didnt get to cloudlan. I actually think this tourney had more entrants.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Thanks for putting together this tourney Marc was real cool! GGs to everyone I had a lot of fun was pretty tired when I got home. Oh and thanks to Damon for the water  ;D

That match you vs nick was too cool! Hahaha crowd reaction was MEAN! iirc it was a demon flip dive kick over the fireball then ex dp juggle to corner to ultra.

Can't believe we had so many people watching us play sf. Awesome

Will

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2010, 05:59:46 AM
Damn. Nice job.

Im a bit disappointed i didnt get to cloudlan. I actually think this tourney had more entrants.

It did, guts that the venue was far out for most people.
Learning....

Kinetic_IQ

Oosh, good shit Marc!

Keep up the good work bro. Be good to see some footage from the day.
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.

Cadaver

Cheers to Marc and Timezone for a fun - and my first time - Street Fighter tournament.
I thought it would be as a walkover, i was technically right, only i was the one that was being walked over .......
Was good to meet you other players, and to see people come out of the woodwork, and offer a form of competition in the game i rarely find .......
Oh yeah i was the non-tz Damon  ;D

Cheers !wtg

Nick4now

Man what an event! Was definitely an intense day! My hands wouldn't stop shaking until the whole tourney was over lol

Thanks Marc for putting in the time and effort into the tournament, this would have never happened without you. Our match is definitely something that will always be remembered by those who witnessed it! But seriously you greatly helped the CHCH scene and looking back to the beginning of this year we managed to help each other to become better players and along the way the CHCH community still continues to grow. Shot Marc! Oh and thanks for the chocolates, after losing in the 1st round they helped me relax a little bit lol

Ahhh Redtie, I've played against your Guile for so many years from Hyper Fighting, to Super Turbo, to CVS2, and to SFIV but still lost. lol Good Shit! Congrats on leaving the tourney undefeated  :D

Great games Andy, thanks for sending me straight to the losers bracket in the 1st round. My nervousness wouldn't have been the same without you.... you bastard! lol

Loomie you played great with Gen and you were the one person who I really didn't wanna mess with in the tourney due to my lack of experience against Gen and the asswhoopn I got on thursday night. :-[ It got to the point where I wanted it to be stricctly sticks only to give me a better chance if I did ever meet you somewhere along the line. I guess I was lucky  :P

To the new faces Damon (non-tz), James and Kim - It was cool to see you guys and I hope to see you guys in the next tourney! There were some old school techniques being used and Kim the jump HK, HP, Shoryuken cancel into Shoryureppa was awesome  :)

Tekken player dude who didn't enter the tourney, your Ken is awesome and I was disappointed  that you didn't enter  :-[. Every round we played before the tourney began you got me to a small amount of life with some crazy mixups but I always got lucky with the ultra lol I hope I see you at the Super tourney!

And last but not least, massive thanks to Damon-TZ for hosting the event! You did a perfect job and thank you so much for the free games, drinks and not to mention the prizes! Its great to know that we have your support  :) You're the man!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Darthfoxx

Quote from: Nick4now on April 04, 2010, 10:03:09 PM
Tekken player dude who didn't enter the tourney, your Ken is awesome and I was disappointed  that you didn't enter  :-[. Every round we played before the tourney began you got me to a small amount of life with some crazy mixups but I always got lucky with the ultra lol I hope I see you at the Super tourney!

I'm glad I got a mention lol. Was that you with Gouken the other day? Man, I SUCKED in that fight. I couldn't do anything right and I was totally dominated by your offense, I kept trying to squeeze a FA or a DP in somewhere but you leave like zero openings once you're in footsies lol. My first Gouken battle.. it'll take me a couple of matches to get used to him!

And yeah, I didn't make the tourney. Life's been real busy lately with my family, for the life of me I can't even recall when the tournament was. I think that day was the day we went swimming and my 18month old was sent to the ER for crushing his finger in a steel door hinge. (wasn't broken ftw)

I really hope to make the super tourney and keep leveling up my Ken in town. Hope to see you guys there, playing vs computer is predictable city.

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on April 04, 2010, 11:31:32 AM
Thanks for putting together this tourney Marc was real cool! GGs to everyone I had a lot of fun was pretty tired when I got home. Oh and thanks to Damon for the water  ;D

That match you vs nick was too cool! Hahaha crowd reaction was MEAN! iirc it was a demon flip dive kick over the fireball then ex dp juggle to corner to ultra.

Can't believe we had so many people watching us play sf. Awesome

Congrats again man! Enjoy your prize  :) Loved how the Tekken crowd was even loving it. Lots of Ooooos, Ahhhhhs and Wows!

Quote from: manawakore on April 04, 2010, 08:00:33 PM
Oosh, good shit Marc!

Keep up the good work bro. Be good to see some footage from the day.

Uploading the finals now, then Loomie vs Propafanda hopefully. Got the front end of the video all set up, just waiting on processing and uploading. Only 3 hours to go lol. The audio is stuttering in Premiere which sucks, only WAV files are working. So putting music over instead sadly. Might be a good thing to save you all from my "witty" commentary.

Quote from: Cadaver on April 04, 2010, 08:40:45 PMWas good to meet you other players, and to see people come out of the woodwork, and offer a form of competition in the game i rarely find .......
Oh yeah i was the non-tz Damon  ;D

Cheers !wtg

Welcome to the scene man  :) Will keep you posted on upcoming events. Check out the Christchurch threads and join in the discussion.

Quote from: Nick4now on April 04, 2010, 10:03:09 PM
Man what an event! Was definitely an intense day! My hands wouldn't stop shaking until the whole tourney was over lol

Thanks Marc for putting in the time and effort into the tournament, this would have never happened without you. Our match is definitely something that will always be remembered by those who witnessed it! But seriously you greatly helped the CHCH scene and looking back to the beginning of this year we managed to help each other to become better players and along the way the CHCH community still continues to grow. Shot Marc! Oh and thanks for the chocolates, after losing in the 1st round they helped me relax a little bit lol

Cheers for the praise man, means alot to me. I had a lot of fun putting the event together. I played like ass. I playe way better in the nationals. I think organizing and playing kind of frys your nerves a bit. But it's all good. Had much better luck in the casuals afterwards.

TZ Damon was stoked and is keen to put on another one, he's still trying to source a prize. Won't tell you what he's after till it's confirmed, don't want to let anyone down. but most of you may already know it'll be a pretty amazing prize  :D  :o  8)

Quote from: Darthfoxx on April 05, 2010, 08:31:43 AM
I'm glad I got a mention lol. Was that you with Gouken the other day? Man, I SUCKED in that fight. I couldn't do anything right and I was totally dominated by your offense, I kept trying to squeeze a FA or a DP in somewhere but you leave like zero openings once you're in footsies lol. My first Gouken battle.. it'll take me a couple of matches to get used to him!

And yeah, I didn't make the tourney. Life's been real busy lately with my family, for the life of me I can't even recall when the tournament was. I think that day was the day we went swimming and my 18month old was sent to the ER for crushing his finger in a steel door hinge. (wasn't broken ftw)

I really hope to make the super tourney and keep leveling up my Ken in town. Hope to see you guys there, playing vs computer is predictable city.

Man sorry to hear about your family woes bro. But yeah I totally understand, family comes first. Hopefully you get the chance to catch us up on one of our Friday sessions or our casual get togethers. Ken's getting buffs in Super so it'll be awesome to see your skills unleashed at the super tourney. Feel free to flick us a txt when your in TZ be good to get some games in  :D

I won't be at Fridays mashup this week, we are moving house the next day and need to get all my shit together. Have fun though guys. :)

Darthfoxx

Quote from: CptMunta on April 05, 2010, 02:55:05 PM
Man sorry to hear about your family woes bro. But yeah I totally understand, family comes first. Hopefully you get the chance to catch us up on one of our Friday sessions or our casual get togethers. Ken's getting buffs in Super so it'll be awesome to see your skills unleashed at the super tourney. Feel free to flick us a txt when your in TZ be good to get some games in  :D

I'll be in tz tomorrow around 10.30am if anyone's down. Reply to this in the tz mashup thread otherwise we'll be taking over the tourney thread with non-tourney posts.

CptMunta

zos'la

Vids lloking good, I really like the music.

The lvl of gameplay certainly looks a lot higher than previous. Hope you guys keep up the good work and hope to see some of you guys in the coming Nationals in Auckland. Save up now, get a team up to compete, pride and glory!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.