• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Hyper Fighter in Wellington

Started by bigmal, April 27, 2010, 12:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmal

Hey all I know this probably a long shot but anyone know where you can play SF2HF in Wellington nowadays?

Skullator

moose!

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: moose! on April 27, 2010, 01:35:01 PM
Ricebowl  :D

Oh shit...Micebowl in Newtown!!! man...I forgot there was one there!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CoffinDrop1

I remember they had one on a massive projector screen at an arcade in Lower Hutt. It was pretty bad! This was about 15 years ago now lol.

bigmal

Cheers guys I forgot about Ricebowl LOL  Hopefully their controllers still work.

rugdoctor

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on April 28, 2010, 05:35:50 PM
I remember they had one on a massive projector screen at an arcade in Lower Hutt. It was pretty bad! This was about 15 years ago now lol.

It was a T2:Arcade setup before aye? Were you around when Wizards on High St use to have SF2:CE?
All your sticks belong to me!

Barnstorm

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on April 28, 2010, 05:35:50 PM

I remember that having mk3

theDOORS2NIRVANA

me to i remember playing mk3 on projector in lower hutt.. i was about 9 - 10 and got ownd by 20 yr olds lol

the mark of my dignity shall scar thy D.N.A

bigmal

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but I'd thought I'd mention that I finally came across a working SF2HF machine in Wellington.
It's in the Laser Strike place on Tory St (Behind the Warehouse).

If anyone's up for some old school challenges then hit me up. 

I had a few games today against a mate of mine who told me he was really good.  I destroyed him 13 games to 2 LOL

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

Did he used to play Tekken and say that him and a friend were always so good that they could never hit eachother?

Funnily enough I've met at least 3 people who've said that.

Nick4now

Quote from: massi4h on November 08, 2010, 08:49:02 PM
Did he used to play Tekken and say that him and a friend were always so good that they could never hit eachother?

Funnily enough I've met at least 3 people who've said that.

Hahaha I've had a friend at uni who said he was sooo good that he stopped playing Tekken because his group of friends couldn't touch him. From what he said I could tell he's a "10-String" combo player so I MM him and perfected him every round except for 1  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

bigmal

Dunno I never really played Tekken.  I only really ever played SF2HF which I consider to be the greatest fighting game ever.
I am an old man now and my hyper fighter skills were grafted 20 odd years ago.....but I still got it.

fluxcore

Come up to akl for the HF tourney in dec if you want to show people (including yourself) what you've got :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness