• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hyper Fighter in Wellington

Started by bigmal, April 27, 2010, 12:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmal

They still have HF tournies?  Man that would be awesome.  They never had tournies back in my day (well not in Upper Hutt anyway).

Sadly I can't travel to Aucks to play games, I have a family now.  However like I say if anyone in Welly is keen for a few games.

How often are the Auckland tournies?

Nick4now

Damn that sucks that you won't be able to make it bro. Redtie and I are planning on making the trip from Chch  :D

But if you got GGPO up and running I'm more than happy to have a few games with you at HF online  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

bigmal

Cool I've never tried ggpo - what's it like?  I tried SFHF on PS3 but found the lag a pain.

I'm on a MAC but I'll create a win partition and boot into that to install ggpo.  I take it uses MAME roms?

Nick4now

Shitloads better than HDR on psn. I hate playing that online not just because of lag but the amount of times it DCs  >:(

As for roms yep it takes MAME roms. You'll actually wanna get Hyper Street Fighter 2: Aniversary Edition (HSF2.zip) though because HF seems to screw up a lot on GGPO for some reason.

bigmal

Sweet I still have the full MAME rom set (used to have a cab) so that shouldn't be a prob.  Now for a controller.........

Nick4now

Since you have a PS3 I'm assuming you have a PS3 pad too? You can use that if you download the SIXAXIS driver  :)

bigmal

I do but I'm far too unco to use the PS3 pad for SF.  I saw a 6 button arcade controller on firstin the other day.  It's prob shyte but it was only $40 odd.

BTW what are the details for the Auck tournament?   

fluxcore

check the front page of the website :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

NIck and Redtie coming up for the Xmas Damager^^?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Nick4now

Just booked my flight for the 10th of December  ;D Just waiting on Redtie to book his too and then we'll register on the Xmas Damager thread.

Maybe go as Team "The Only Brownies in Chch"   :D

CaptainHook

Quote from: Nick4now on November 09, 2010, 07:55:42 PM
Maybe go as Team "The Only Brownies in Chch"   :D

:D :D

I remember the first time i went there i was like, "WTF?? Am i imagining this or what..?"

You know it's bad if a white guy like me notices. :P
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

bigmal

Mac partitioned, GGPO installed with SF2HF anniversary edition.  Stink that it has to be anniversary edition, I prefer the original HF.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

just both players pick hyper fighting charcters , speed 1 .

its pretty close
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

bigmal

Just played my first game of SF2HF (not anniversary edition) online using GGPO - fucking awesome!  Played an aussie and it was practically lag-free!

Now I need to invest in a stick.  I see a whole bunch of sticks on play-asia, can anyone recommend one for around the $100 mark?

Cheers.

Nick4now

Haha I knew you would be happy with GGPO  ;D Even playing some Japanese players is practically lag-free  :)