• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter 4 tourney/release party @ Gamestation Results!

Started by CptMunta, May 01, 2010, 07:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Man what an epic night! We had 20 entrants and heaps of spectators at our Christchurch Release Party.
3 setups rocked the whole night with spectacular casuals and tight, fierce tournament battles.

These photos were taken of the casuals as we were setting up, Gamestation is an awesome place to have tourneys the setup is mean as:

Also pavement art outside the event for people who haven't seen it  :P  ;)

Matchvids
Eeeeewwww photobucket. Sorry just till I polish them up a bit.

CptMunta vs Nick4Now winners final:

Loomie vs Propafanda:

Loomie vs Redtie:

Will keep updating.

Thanks
First a huge thanks to Jade from Gamestation for his love of the old school allowing us to put on the event.
Shaun from Monaco for hooking us up with the most awesome exclusive prizes!
Redtie and Propafanda for lending thier controllers for the event.
And of course, last but not least, Chris and Luke Gamestation employees who spent their Friday night working hard for us punters to help make it all happen.
And of course the sf crew of chch for having my back, helping punters with setups, helping each other out and being a cool bunch of all round awesome fellas!

RESULTS

1st CptMunta aka Marc
Rose, Bison

2nd Redtie aka Tamati
Blanka, Deejay

3rd Nick4Now aka Nick
Rufus, Zangief

FULL RESULTS

Super Street Fighter IV
30/04/2010
32-man bracket

1 Marc
2 Tamati
3 Nick
4 Johnno
5 Kim
5 Andrew
7 Joseph
7 Paolo
9 Lae
9 Ben
9 Liam
9 Damon
13 Niva
13 Scott
13 Cory
13 Mark
17 Zack
17 Scott Murdok
17 Horst
17 Ionai

Brackets looked like this in case you wanna see who bet who:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/CptMunta/ssf4chchreleasebracket.jpg

Oh and mashmaster secret grand prize was a friggin Super Street Fighter 4 Psycho Powered MICROWAVE! We had the bottom 2 Xbox pad players battle it out. Congrats!

Sadly couldn't get Team Battle North Vs South. Ran overtime and couldn't get the PSN working due to a really slow system update download  :-[ Sorry Brad and the guys. That and the PS3 pad setup needed firmware update to play the game so we just ran Vanilla on it, it was the orphan machine  ;) But Three Super Setups was AWESOME. I say awesome alot.

Thanks Christchurch for the overwhelming turnout! Hope to see you all at the next event:
King Of Capcom

Stay Tuned  ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CoffinDrop1

Congrats Munta to you and the team in Chch. Sounds like an awesome event and what a great turnout! Acknowledgements to you and the rest of the peeps that put in the time, effort and energy - legend!

fluxcore

Awesome stuff munta! Great turnout!

Pics of the microwave? :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

redtie

Marc man you are the man! You have done so much for this community props to you!

;D

Its pretty much went from just you and me with any interest at all in the game to now we have like twenty plus people playing in that tourney last night. Lots of potentials, guys coming up and asking for psn accounts and if they could start coming to our weekly casuals. One guy even grabbed my number off me too meet up for games of third strike hah! Damn I hope they start coming to casuals cause then timezone might end up buying us a super cabinet. Oh yeah and they all got directed to Nzism so sweet!

Was such a fun night, that microwave was awesome! hahaha. Oh yeah Nick ran this cool idea of each of us (me, you, andy, jono, nick) training a noob and then after a month getting them to battle kinda like pokemon hahah sounds good to me.

In conclusion

Mashed electircs is less than Rose haha.

Cheers to the captain

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Shit. Sounds like you guys have an awesome scene going on down there. Good Shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

propafanda

cheers to you Marc and to everyone at the tournament. It was cool having the casuals between the matches. At first I kinda avoided this game to a degree but I realise I should have trialed it out asap. That microwave mash masters prize was a useful and cool idea.  Pokemon matches of the month might have potential lol pokemon battles.

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on May 01, 2010, 12:15:36 PM
Marc man you are the man! You have done so much for this community props to you!

;D

Its pretty much went from just you and me with any interest at all in the game to now we have like twenty plus people playing in that tourney last night. Lots of potentials, guys coming up and asking for psn accounts and if they could start coming to our weekly casuals. One guy even grabbed my number off me too meet up for games of third strike hah! Damn I hope they start coming to casuals cause then timezone might end up buying us a super cabinet. Oh yeah and they all got directed to Nzism so sweet!

Was such a fun night, that microwave was awesome! hahaha. Oh yeah Nick ran this cool idea of each of us (me, you, andy, jono, nick) training a noob and then after a month getting them to battle kinda like pokemon hahah sounds good to me.

In conclusion

Mashed electircs is less than Rose haha.

Cheers to the captain

Yeah man goodtimes  ;D
Crazy to think that was only a couple of months ago! We were lucky Andrew showed up that day too. I hadn't him in ages and he's always been keen to jam. Also that Birthday party Jam at Scott's really got the ball rolling I reckon so credit to him too I reckon. Awesome games.

I felt like a bit of a dick giving myself the prizes for first place. I win this... I win this... I win this.... Pretty much played the same old Rose but her general damage buffs helped alot I reckon. Not many U2 or juggle tricks used at all. Didn't even get to bust out Bison's awesome U2 combo either. Can't wait for more casual get online you too! Also got lend my copy of Vanilla too so theirs no SF drought on your end.

Pokie-Man battles  ;D
Maybe we could start a thread for it the CHCH or PSN. I'd be down, could be fun.

Updated with Pics vids coming this week if I can source them and get them done in time.

fluxcore

lol, that's pretty much what I was expecting from the microwave :D Too cool. Welcome to any CHCH ppl who are reading this site after the tourney, also :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Nick4now

Damn what an awesome turn out! I fully wasn't expecting such a massive crowd! I was no way near as nervous as I was in the first tourney especially when it got to the winners finals brackets since I knew that I was gurranteed a T-shirt  ;D But shot once again Marc for setting this all up! I didn't think that the CHCH scene would grow any more but instead the numbers doubled! GGs man my secret character failed me  :'( fuck you Zangief! hahaha Also big thanks to Gamestation for Hosting the event  :)

But yeah pokemon battles would be sweet! the idea came up when I was just watching the new faces playing and I was thinking man "don't do that! do this!"  and when he got hit I was like "See? I told you!"  ;D just a little conversation to myself in my head  ;D

I hope all the guys who turned up become regulars and join the NZism crew  :) We need an update of a photo of the whole gang seeing as the last one we did only had Marc, Redtie, Propafanda and myself  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Rafifty

sup its raf/ben,

i had a mean time last night was real fun and learnt heaps of blanka stuff.

pretty keen to start playing regularly with u guys so i can learn more and try get better lol
Steam ID: rafifty123

Nick4now

Welcome to NZism Raf  :) Redtie and Propafanda are both Blanka players so they'll probably be able to help you out  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Quote from: Rafifty on May 01, 2010, 02:27:58 PM
sup its raf/ben,

i had a mean time last night was real fun and learnt heaps of blanka stuff.

pretty keen to start playing regularly with u guys so i can learn more and try get better lol

yeah a those guys are on ps3 too so it'll be cool to get games going.

Also any other Christchurch peeps. Don't be a stranger. ;) Feel to post and matchmake on the pc xbox and ps3 threads as well. We have a mashup thread in the Christchurch section for our weekly get togethers.

I won't be at the next mashup though heading to Auckland for the evo regional tourney for super sf4.
Will make a thread for the tourney once I can suss out details :)

stereomonkey

Great stuff Marc!  Looks like you guys had an awesome time and a great turn out.  Lets hope this is a start of a new up and coming community that NZ desperately needs :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Ok good news and bad news:

Good news:  :D

T-Shirts are here in NZ,
being couriered today, means either Wednesday or Thursday I'll have them.
they are all in Large size.
And because of the delay we are getting 10 shirts!

Bad News:  :'(

No backpack, a hick-up with Capcom France means it may never be happening. (Not really bad news for anyone else, getting latest Final Fantasy instead ;) )
Tried to scab some more posters but no dice,
Looks like all the t-shirts are the Ryu design

Sorry guys, not much we can do about it really. Will be in touch with you guys this week to give you your t-shirts. Had my fingers crossed for Guile but them's the breaks.

Since I have 10 I'll give one to Corey who won something random but wasn't there.
And one to Kim if he wants one since he won a poster.

So that leaves 4 t-shirts.
Rest assured they'll be going into the local Street Fighter community. The question is "how?" I reckon we could save them for the next tourney as spot prizes which could be the go I reckon. We'll see how we go.

Shaun from Monaco has really gone to town for us to get us heaps of cool stuff. So massive props to him and his staff.  :) Despite this small hick-up we've been pretty spoiled for exclusive street fighter related prizes. So cheers again Shaun.  8)
On a side note Shaun gets to go to E3 and probably gets to hands on with MvC3!!!!
I want your job!

We'll probably put on a similar Marvel vs Capcom 3 launch party next year! yahee!

Match vids:

Might just upload them as is with my Captain Obvious commentary for now. It really is shocking, feel free to turn down your  speakers.

Also hella shakey cam, no excuses there. Only a handful of matches since I was running out of room. Chris from Gamestation recorded the final will grab it this week. Would take the time to tidy them up, but no spare time before I head to Auckland on Friday.

Also free Friday day for matches if any of you Aucklanders are free for games  ;)