• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 trial strats (lol)

Started by fluxcore, May 02, 2010, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Anyone having trouble on ryu trial 21

st.mp
focus cancel
st.mp
focus cancel
st.mp
shoryuken

Here are some hints.

Make sure you have full super first. It's easy to get into a rhythm where you can't possibly actually do the combo because you're mashing out the motions asap.

MP
->
->+MP + MK
little pause
MP
->
-> + MP + MK
little pause
MP
MASH DRAGON

You have to do the MP, ->, -> + MP+MK fairly quickly, but it's actually pretty easy when you get used to it.

HTH someone.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Are those special cancellable? Cause it would probably be easier to go mpxxhado fadc, or at least just on the second one if it pushes you too far.

Bloody hakans last one took me ages cause it was some stupid one frame jab link or something like that

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I havent even touched the fucking game since i bought it, besides about an hour in training mode. Stupid fucking work/other shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

haha fuck trial 21 i think im still on trial 7 with ryu  :D

Rorooze

most of them are easy except for anything with an FADC D: lol

xpunch

yeah that ryu one was funny, i had to do super fast fadc's i don't think il ever go bak and do it again though lol that goes for most of the trials.

im stuck on - dan 24, ibuki 24, elf 24, juri 22, 24, cammy 22, 24, c.viper 24 and sakura 23. any1 wana help me out with some tips?

massi4h

Only character there that I've done so far is Ibuki. All I remember is some links into lk-mk target combo to sjc ultra. All you need to do to get the sjc ultra is as soon as you press mk do a tk motion from down to up/forward then just qcf+3k. I got it on like the second try but I've been sorta practicing her a bit. I'll try some of the other ones soon, just gotta finish this assignment due in 2 hours lol.

iMagneto

already done with ryu.. hehe!

fluxcore

c.viper 24... the FFF isn't actually as fast as you might think.

I did it something like:

d+fp, db, b+mp NEUTRAL (very small wait, you can't cancel too early!) MP + FP~df+FP, df+FP (for the ex seismo), wait a little, qcb, ub+hk, wait, qcfx2 PPP

Basically break it up into stages.
Practice doing the d+FP into mp knuckle.
Then practice the timing for the d+fp into mp knuckle CANCEL (it's not as fast as you might think, as I said I find it works more if I specifically put the stick to neutral to avoid other moves coming out).
then practice d+hp, mp knuckle cancel, df + hp so that it combos (2 hits).
Then try and do it and just mash out df+hps at the end for the ex seismo

the hk flame kick, burst time is the easy bit.

Remember this is the 'advanced viper' bread and butter combo! Hahaha
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I did Sakuras one and I think you're probably struggling with the fadc? Well you want do fadc after the 3rd hit of the second part of the EX shouoken or whatever the move is called. It's the last hit of going up and it's the easiest to cancel, and after the fadc you can do jab before the mk to make it easier to link.

geneterror

Can get st.HP > teleport > Ultra with Akuma but I'll be fucked if I can get Ibukis target Combo into Ultra. The sjc > Ultra comes out but they block the ultra every fuckin' time :P I guess I'm just not pressing the KKK fast enough after TK?
KOW 2011

massi4h

I guess so, just keep practicing lol I guess. I've been pulling them off in near 100% in training mode.

zos'la

..... I haven't even started any -.-
anyone want to help me do them :P?

Actually I think I should do atleast the new chars to see what they are like.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Nick4now

Well I just did T.Hawk's and it has got to be the easiest set of trials in SSF4! There were no FADCs at all  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Gino

stu was having trouble doing lk, lk, lk, knee press. So I just bound every button to lk for him lol