• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 trial strats (lol)

Started by fluxcore, May 02, 2010, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Lol, that was funny.  Used the same tatic for Vega too, hahaha~!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: geneterror on May 03, 2010, 09:01:29 AM
Can get st.HP > teleport > Ultra with Akuma but I'll be fucked if I can get Ibukis target Combo into Ultra. The sjc > Ultra comes out but they block the ultra every fuckin' time :P I guess I'm just not pressing the KKK fast enough after TK?

Sounds like your inputting the directional command too slow actually. If you were inputting the kicks too slow, you would be getting target combo -> sic -> j.hk. Ibuki is pretty fun. I'm still trying to decide between her and makoto. Jut sucks that they're both quite hard to learn. (ibuki execution wise, and mak is hard to get used to her movement/range and her Kara karakusa is really really fucking hard.

Jay: elf 24 - RSF. The way I do it is s.hp -> lp run -> 0.1 second pause -> piano lp~hp -> repeat. You don't need as long a pause as in vanilla, so you can do it a little faster, but if you do it too fast, the 3rd hit will whiff, and if you do it too slow.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JoeKage

Have to finish up Ryu trials only on 18 I think oh well. Having trouble with Guys Trial 24 and need to finish Ibuki's last 3  ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

zos'la

Guy's pretty easy....
Ibuki's trial 22 I think with the c.lk - c.lp - s.lp -c.mp - neck break was a pain...
Adon's really hard as well -.-, I wonder how many people can actually people some of these combos out in real matches...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on May 04, 2010, 08:26:10 AM
Guy's pretty easy....
Ibuki's trial 22 I think with the c.lk - c.lp - s.lp -c.mp - neck break was a pain...
Adon's really hard as well -.-, I wonder how many people can actually people some of these combos out in real matches...

I actually think a lot of these combos are really practical tbh. Not only that, they're a really good starting point for figuring out your own stuff. Even if you're simplifying it by taking unnecessary inputs out. I'm much happier with the challenge system this time around.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 04, 2010, 09:05:42 AM
I actually think a lot of these combos are really practical tbh. Not only that, they're a really good starting point for figuring out your own stuff. Even if you're simplifying it by taking unnecessary inputs out. I'm much happier with the challenge system this time around.
agreed, its good start point to figure out the potential of teh char but I won't agree to them being practical during matches as I won't see myself landing half of these munted combo.... eg. Ryu's mid fadc mp fadc mp srk blah lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Pjai

Quote from: massi4h on May 02, 2010, 08:53:26 PM
Only character there that I've done so far is Ibuki. All I remember is some links into lk-mk target combo to sjc ultra. All you need to do to get the sjc ultra is as soon as you press mk do a tk motion from down to up/forward then just qcf+3k. I got it on like the second try but I've been sorta practicing her a bit. I'll try some of the other ones soon, just gotta finish this assignment due in 2 hours lol.

cant do it :(

fluxcore

oh btw I've done all the trials now moo hoo hah haaah
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

well, isnt your penis gigantic

fluxcore

I'm so glad you noticed, richard!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I done em all in the first few days /gloat.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on May 25, 2010, 11:49:27 AM

I did a few for the characters I thought I might pick up, but then I stopped... might need to churn a few out tonight to appease my ego
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Quote from: massi4h on May 25, 2010, 11:49:27 AM

Ah the life of a student

massi4h

I'm very dedicated to my studies. Oh yeah come on xbl tonight Alan.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: massi4h on May 25, 2010, 03:11:06 PM
I'm very dedicated to my studies. Oh yeah come on xbl tonight Alan.

NERD!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero