• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

XBOX360 Mentor Thread

Started by Lennysaurus, May 04, 2010, 05:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Any newbies out there looking to become an apprentice? I think SRK set up a similar mentor/apprentice thread with some success. I think this would be a good way to build the NZ community, teaching on a one to one basis can be much more beneficial than random bits of information here and there.

The idea of the thread is people post their PSN username, which game they play including characters or just  general advice and whether or not they wish to be a mentor or apprentice.
Apprenticeships could last as long as the apprentice gets on their own feet or whatever.

Yeah, so ibasically cut and paste this from the PSN thread.  You know the drill guys!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Lennysaurus

SSFIV Mentor:
Guy, Gen, Dhalsim

HD Remix/ST Mentor:
Deejay, Sim, Boxer

MVC2 Apprentice:
Ironman, Storm, Sent, Rogue, Tron

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

SSF4 Mentor:
missing links, raging at input help

SSF4 Apprentice:
teching throws, seeing crossups
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JackSmash

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

SSF4 Mentor:
Fuerte

SSF4 Apprentice:
Teching throws, teching throws, Makoto, teching throws, and fuck it, Leo, youre teaching me dhalsim.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

SSF4 Mentor: Getting beat down.

SSF4 Apprentice: Everything. Mainly execution. That way I might be able to do what I know I need to. lol >:D Finding stupid amounts of time would probably help.

On a more serious note, I'm looking at learning Cody/Deejay, but I suspect no one is ace with those guys yet!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I can go through some brief shit with Dee Jay, but youre probably well aware of anything i can give you.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Yeah I think I've got the basics but executing it is my problem :p

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Aww well, ill see if I can give you anything new all the same. And while this is a 360 thread, i would have a talk to James(Hydrokinesis) about Cody next time you see him. His is pretty good.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

SSF4 Mentor:
Balrog, Dudley

SSF4 Apprentice:
how to stop FA'ing all day and jumping in all day when i dont know a match up lol.
Also Dee Jay coz his alt outfit looks cool

Rorooze

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 04, 2010, 10:18:26 PM
Aww well, ill see if I can give you anything new all the same. And while this is a 360 thread, i would have a talk to James(Hydrokinesis) about Cody next time you see him. His is pretty good.

I don't think I've met James yet so you might have to point him out! Anyway, might have a jam on ssf4 soon, getting bored of uni work!

Quadruple O.G.

SSF4 Apprentice: Juri

I could maaaaaybe give a few Guile pointers but I would by no means call my self a mentor.. I still get sassed!!

karizzma

SSF4 Mentor:
El Fuerte

MvC2 Apprentice:
Need someone to teach me. Know absolutely nothing so I'm like a blank slate... apart from the very basics of the game of course.

IR U IM B IL E

SSF4 Mentor:
Guile

SSF4 apprentice:
Seth
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

ssf4 mentor
mak and rog

ssf4 apprentice
blocking vortex and tech throws
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community