• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

TE Stick Round 2 at Mightyape

Started by massi4h, May 05, 2010, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

zos'la

wouldn't it be cheaper to order from Capcom or Madcatz? I see them for just over $200 dollars not including shipping of course... but it will still be cheaper?
or don't they deliver to NZ or something...?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

I ordered mine from CAPCOM ages ago and it was about 300 dollars, way cheaper than mightyrape.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah with the US dollar at .73cents this is a huge ripoff , id import myself if i wanted one from playasia
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

cheaper from capcom? alrighty then

Rorooze

Just took a look, they're $231.10 USD including postage (150 for the stick and 81 for the postage, LOL) which works out at about $321.00 NZD. For an extra 10 USD you could get the MVC2 stick.

So you're paying over a third of that as postage. Shiiit. As U-man said, might be better to get from play-asia, I think they do cheaper shipping.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yip shipping form play asia via fed ex and recieve it within 5 days is $69 and a te stick is $209 so thats a total of $278 .
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3hcy-4-6.html
bargin !!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Although its not techinically an official SF one, its the exact same stick for those that dont have one.

Im just personally not a fan of the colours on the buttons, but meh. For $278, im giving it serious consideration.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: Rorooze on May 05, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
Just took a look, they're $231.10 USD including postage (150 for the stick and 81 for the postage, LOL) which works out at about $321.00 NZD. For an extra 10 USD you could get the MVC2 stick.

wheres this link at, im stupid and cant find it myself

JoeKage

Mean, Im getting mine from Mighty Ape  ;D.

1 x PS3  :o
1 x 360  :o

I'll be on XBOX Live soon playas HOLA  8)
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Oh shit. JoeKage dominating ALL the consoles.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: Rorooze on May 05, 2010, 09:52:40 AM
I ordered mine from CAPCOM ages ago and it was about 300 dollars, way cheaper than mightyrape.
Mightyape are good bro, they get a lot of imports and stuff that most stores don't. I know it costs more to buy from them but they are a business, they need to make a profit to stay in business!
Standard retail markup on a lot of goods is 70%, mightyape aren't even doing that. In this case of course they can't mark up by 70% because it would make the price stupid but you can't expect them to do all the work importing etc and then charge you cost price they would be out of business next week. Don't forget mightyape have overheads to cover ie. power, rent and wages etc.
You also get the advantage that they handle everything for you, if you order yourself and it's lost in transit you are going to have a headache dealing with Capcom. Mightyape takes some of that stress out of the equation for you.
If people want to order them directly themselves that's fine but don't hassle mightyape for charging a markup to those that can't be fucked doing the work themselves.

Support stores like Mightyape and First games that actually cater to gamers. We could be stuck with worse ie EB and no other choices

/end rant
KOW 2011

samurai black

you forget, you have money to burn :P

zos'la

Quote from: JoeKage on May 05, 2010, 07:11:33 PM
Mean, Im getting mine from Mighty Ape  ;D.

1 x PS3  :o
1 x 360  :o

I'll be on XBOX Live soon playas HOLA  8)

why don't you just get a dual mod stick instead of two... dual mod stick cost $120 NZD incl shipping + $80 - $100 NZD incl for the buttons and stick parts to mod. so buying one TE = 1 Dual mod stick...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.