• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

TE Stick Round 2 at Mightyape

Started by massi4h, May 05, 2010, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Quote from: geneterror on May 06, 2010, 11:52:58 AM
Mightyape are good bro, they get a lot of imports and stuff that most stores don't. I know it costs more to buy from them but they are a business, they need to make a profit to stay in business!
Standard retail markup on a lot of goods is 70%, mightyape aren't even doing that. In this case of course they can't mark up by 70% because it would make the price stupid but you can't expect them to do all the work importing etc and then charge you cost price they would be out of business next week. Don't forget mightyape have overheads to cover ie. power, rent and wages etc.
You also get the advantage that they handle everything for you, if you order yourself and it's lost in transit you are going to have a headache dealing with Capcom. Mightyape takes some of that stress out of the equation for you.
If people want to order them directly themselves that's fine but don't hassle mightyape for charging a markup to those that can't be fucked doing the work themselves.

Support stores like Mightyape and First games that actually cater to gamers. We could be stuck with worse ie EB and no other choices

/end rant

I used to buy all my gaming stuff from Mightyape, back when it was called GPStore, because they did get all the import stuff in (Ikaruga on N64, etc) and it meant I didn't have to worry about regions, etc. I'm not sure why they changed, but when they did I had some pretty slack service and haven't been back since. The prices are higher and I have to wade through more shit on their website to get what I want.

I was also earning a decent wage back then, I'm a student again only working 2 days a week so saving 60 bucks on a 300-400 dollar stick is a decent 20%! It's pretty hard to justify to someone that spending an extra $60 bucks at mightyape is worth it, especially when my own experience with capcom was so awesome.

About markup, overheads, etc, I'm currently working as a design engineer for a construction company and the pressure on cost is huge, especially when bid margins on jobs are so low given the current climate. Some companies are even pricing to break even and hoping there are no fuck ups just to get work.

JoeKage

Quote from: zosla on May 06, 2010, 11:58:26 AM
why don't you just get a dual mod stick instead of two... dual mod stick cost $120 NZD incl shipping + $80 - $100 NZD incl for the buttons and stick parts to mod. so buying one TE = 1 Dual mod stick...

UMMM.............I dont even know what this means, oops  :-[

If this is about me trying to make my own custom stick Im not down with that yo.

I cant even make a model aircraft  ::).

I'll stick to my original plan and buy it from Mighty Ape. Already pre-ordered  ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Basically, Andy means buy a 360 TE, buy a Chimp board (basically an easily moddable ps3 PCB) wire that shit together, bingo, stick for 360 and PS3.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JoeKage

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 07, 2010, 09:16:58 AM
Basically, Andy means buy a 360 TE, buy a Chimp board (basically an easily moddable ps3 PCB) wire that shit together, bingo, stick for 360 and PS3.

Oh ok kool, thanks ;D

Im all good, too much work for me :-[

Buy it, take it outta the box, use it  ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

zos'la

just giving people suggestions to help them, save money as some ehre are on a tight budget but I guess ur not one of them so by all means.

Bill Chimp board is out dated, the dual mod stick i'm talking about is sold by laugh from SRK,
http://www.etokki.com/index.php?route=common/home

I will be ordering this in the next few weeks.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on May 07, 2010, 02:42:38 PM
just giving people suggestions to help them, save money as some ehre are on a tight budget but I guess ur not one of them so by all means.

Bill Chimp board is out dated, the dual mod stick i'm talking about is sold by laugh from SRK,
http://www.etokki.com/index.php?route=common/home

I will be ordering this in the next few weeks.

Don't confuse the capabilities of the "dual pcb" from the etokki website with the method provided by "Toodles" pcb.

The Toodle's PCB allows you to plug your stick into almost any console, and is in theory forward compatible.  Meaning that when a new console comes out, you should be able to update the firmware on the board, and use the stick on that piece of hardware.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I was about to yell about that too, but technically the Chimp only works with PS3 and 360. It's the MC Cthulu that is multi-console.

And TBH most people will prefer to use the paewang revolution anyway, it's a swap rather than a 'form Frankenstein with two separate pcbs". Plus they won't actually need a 360 pad first.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

I got the 2 Bs to yo

- Bills
- Buget

TE sticks drop April 09 - missed that  :(

Dropped again Sept 09 - caught 1
then nada.

Decided then (Sept 09) if they hit again Im in and was always buying 2 from mighty ape as they rock so been scrimping/saving few pingas since. Nearly 9 months hearty.

(not my fault you fullas spent all your pingas at xmas or put rings on it ha, not easy even getting a job let alone being employed these days.)

Im just Excited thats all as this is something I've been saving for.

Soon as I read (and thanks for the post :))) TE Sticks were dropping again Im Like I GOT THIS (x2)  ;D
(didnt need the detailed rant of how I got this) but Im kool and spots for the heads up about the other stuff too chur.

Saved for my PS3 just got 2 months ago (that took a little while)   ;D now save for my XBox 360  ;D

The sacrifices Ive made for me are worth thier weight in Gold as Im a Hearty Capcom 2d FG Fan Hard for life ;D

I have no problems adjusting to sticks as grew up playing on the old hard style buttons since way back when so definitely happy with the TE Sticks as they come. Good to have an already assembled back up sticks aswell  ;)

Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

why do hori always fail with their start button placement ..... ???
put it on the back dangit like the TE's !!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

maelgrim

Both the HRAP3 & HRAP3 SA have been around alot longer than the TEs.
Personally I hate the rear start button placement the old TEs have, glad to see the new TE Slim can disable the button completely.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

zos'la

I will be ordering teh paewang revolution stick this coming week, if anyone who is interested to order together and save shipping cost let me know.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Elixir

They might as well rename their site Mighty Rape with what they sell stuff for.

samurai black

Barnstorm

Quote from: samurai black on May 18, 2010, 12:10:39 AM
oh come on theyre not that bad

i can sort of understand where elixir is coming from

they are an online store
and
most people who shop online know where to source stuff relatively cheap eg off shore (capcom, playasia etc)

i understand they are a business and need to make money but they have massive competition from the rest of the world
unlike someone such as ebgames (who i detest and think they try to rape you with prices) which have small competiton such as jbhifi