• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 hitboxes , all characters . you may now bow to the U-man ....

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, May 05, 2010, 10:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Super-Street-Fighter-4-SSF4-Hitbox-Data/4196097c2b60c106b4ad11301a0f33ac5bcd0dc8e44d

torrent for ssf4 hitboxes for all characters . leaked from ssf4 developers kit

high 60frames per second recordings . open up in quicktime and you can advance one frame at a time to also count how many frames per move .

also if you just want the frames for a certain character download the torrent , and open up the allocation list and select never for the ones you dont want so you can jsut download akumas for example .

enjoy !!!

low quality examples of whats in torrent

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

hope you Street Fighter fans enjoy this rare data that I am sharing with you!
This is, for the most part, all the hitbox data that is in Super Street Fighter 4. Taunts were not recorded,
except taunt 1. With the limited amount of time and resources to capture this data, Taunts were the least important.
My apologies if there is any attack missing. I did the best I could.

By releasing this footage. I'm banking on the hope, that the SRK scene will step up, and archive the active hit frames
into jpeg format for easy viewing in some sort of database. This was my original goal, but 35 characters, thousands of
moves. Thats just too much time and work needed for one person. I think SRK, with 100k members, might put this info
into a more reliable format, much faster, as a collective.

A couple of notes about the videos to help understand what you are seeing.

I strongly recommend using video playback software that can advance the video frame by frame so you can more accurately
see the hitboxes in detail. It is recommended to use Quicktime to view, since you can pause the video, then hit the left
arrow or right arrow to advance the video 1 frame. adobe premiere and other software work well also in advancing videos by
frame.

These videos are h.264 encoded!

In all the videos, when demonstrating, I go from left to right on attacks. for example, with special moves, i will show
the light version first, the medium version next, then the fierce version, and finally the EX version. For normal attacks,
I used the following order(light punch,medium punch,fierce punch,light kick, medium kick, fierce kick).

To show off proximity moves(normal attacks that have to done close to the opponent). I have to sweep the opponent first
so i can wiff the followup proximity move so you can see it better. The reason why I do this, is if i hit the opponent,
all of the following active hitbox frames will disappear for the remainder of the attack. My goal was to show every single
active hit frame. Unfortunately, there are some attacks that i could not avoid hitting the opponent due to tracking
properties(only so much i can do by myself.

UNDERSTANDING HITBOXES:

Solid Yellow boxes:

This represents the physical space that the character is occupying. These do not represent hittable boxes. It is there
so the characters, when both are pressing forward, they cannot pass through eachother. Moves that can pass through
the opponent, for example, akuma's teleport, that yellow area wil lcompletely disappear so he can pass through the opponents
yellow area.

Solid Yellow long horizontal boxes:

I am not sure what this info represents. But in a lot of moves, it appears on frame 1 of the move's startup.

Solid Red boxes:

This represents the attack's active hitbox. If this box collides with the opponent's vulnerable box(explained
further down), it will register a hit. The data that is shown inside the red hitbox, is not important, they are
values representing range/height/etc... basically, important info for the development team only

Solid Green Boxes:

This is considered a Projectile Active hitbox. Same rules apply as the red hitbox when it comes to registering a hit.

Solid Blue hitbox:

This is a throw's active hitbox. If this throw collides with a throw vulnerable box(explained further down) on the
opponent, a throw will be triggered.

Green lined boxes:

This represents the character's vulnerable hitbox. If any attack's solid red hitbox or projectile's solid green hitbox
collides with the green lined box, a hit will be registered.

Blue lined boxes:

This represents the character's vulnerable throwable hitbox. If a throw's Solid Blue hitbox makes contact with A blue
Lined box, a throw will be triggered

Red lined boxes:

This represents the character's vulnerable hitbox, just like the green lined boxes, but it is invincible to projectile
attacks(solid green hitboxes).

electric

I'll be working on downloading these (my months net quota is nearly up I think... so hopefully I can start going for gold soon)... weighs in at about 9gigs though, so might be a bit hard to hand around lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah cos theyre all recorded at 60f per sec which is really good .
just dl the ones you want .
ive just got kens , adons , ryus and codys .

will get the others later and you guys can just get them off my external hd if you want on saturday at evoapac

massi4h

OMG epic, now teach me how to torrent at Uni cause I can't waste my home internet and I'm capped til Friday. And shot Euan.

And ooh OK I get em off you on Saturday.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Right, im going to go and buy an external hard drive and thief shit off you guys.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Hope these end up on youtube (assuming they are videos) as I've never really got torrents to work before.

EDIT: Aaannd there are youtube links on this very page. oh dear.  ::)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

LOL @ the hitbox on Makoto's EX Karakusa. The range on that shit is hilariously bad. No wonder i keep getting punished for it. Wtf is she grabbing with? Her shoulders?

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 05, 2010, 10:38:24 AMyou guys can just get them off my external hd if you want on saturday at evoapac
YES PLEASE! Be good to see you on Saturday anyway bro, it's been a while.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 05, 2010, 11:45:17 AM
LOL @ the hitbox on Makoto's EX Karakusa. The range on that shit is hilariously bad. No wonder i keep getting punished for it. Wtf is she grabbing with? Her shoulders?

You don't kara it?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: OLEET on May 05, 2010, 06:04:15 PM
You don't kara it?

Bro that shit is HARD. The more i play her the less i like her. I can see myself getting to average level with half the cast before i find an alt. gah.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 05, 2010, 09:22:19 PM
Bro that shit is HARD. The more i play her the less i like her. I can see myself getting to average level with half the cast before i find an alt. gah.

Meanwhile El Fuerte is a more viable option now.

Does anyone know what the yellow outlined box in the first Adon pic signifies?

HoneyBadger

Ok, someone post TK hitbox and standing roundhouse hitboxes so we can laugh at how retarded they are hahaha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

QuoteOriginally Posted by tonylew84
-----------------------------------------------------------
Understanding Hitboxes:
Solid Yellow boxes:
This represents the physical space that the character is occupying. These do not represent hittable boxes. It is there so the characters, when both are pressing forward, they cannot pass through eachother. Moves that can pass through the opponent, for example, akuma's teleport, that yellow area wil lcompletely disappear so he can pass through the opponents yellow area.

Solid Yellow long horizontal boxes:
They are the distance for where the active frames will force the opponent to block (but I didn't include any of them in these pictures to show the distances)

Solid Red boxes:
This represents the attack's active hitbox. If this box collides with the opponent's vulnerable box(explained further down), it will register a hit. The data that is shown inside the red hitbox, is not important, they are values representing range/height/etc... basically, important info for the development team only

Solid Green Boxes:
This is considered a Projectile Active hitbox. Same rules apply as the red hitbox when it comes to registering a hit.

Solid Blue hitbox:
This is a throw's active hitbox. If this throw collides with a throw vulnerable box(explained further down) on the opponent, a throw will be triggered.

Green lined boxes:
This represents the character's vulnerable hitbox. If any attack's solid red hitbox or projectile's solid green hitbox collides with the green lined box, a hit will be registered.

Blue lined boxes:
This represents the character's vulnerable throwable hitbox. If a throw's Solid Blue hitbox makes contact with A blue Lined box, a throw will be triggered

Red lined boxes:
This represents the character's vulnerable hitbox, just like the green lined boxes, but it is invincible to projectile attacks(solid green hitboxes).
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 05, 2010, 10:38:24 AM
yeah cos theyre all recorded at 60f per sec which is really good .
just dl the ones you want .
ive just got kens , adons , ryus and codys .

will get the others later and you guys can just get them off my external hd if you want on saturday at evoapac

Good shit U-Man!

Clearing to make room on my Hard drive right now :)

Perks my interest as to what else was leaked from the developers kit. Be interested in seeing what concept stuff or early builds of characters might be left behind.

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 05, 2010, 11:45:17 AM

Yeah I know it's crazy. I tried to grab someone with the ex thinking it had more range only to have my hands pass right through them. I was like WTF?! It all make sense now sadly.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta