• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hey all

Started by Zeyn, May 11, 2010, 12:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeyn

Sup guys im new here jst thort id say hi. I was spectating at the apac tourney at giga on sat which was real hype. its awsome to see a large sf community like this in auckland! especially one that hosts tourneys! ive neva been to giga b4 that and the whole event was insane. ive jst been starting out with ssf4 lately and im wondering if any1 can help me out with rufus? point me in the right direction? next time u guys hav an event i'll be sure to hav a few games with u all. my psn is Zeyn_ if anyone wants a couple matches. cheers guys

Rorooze

Heya, I wasn't at APAC but nice to see another person in the Auckland region coming to the events! Keep an eye open for the next ranbats date and if you're on PSN you might wanna check the PSN threads in the forum.

As for Rufus, I'm not sure anyone here mains him, but no doubt someone can give you some pointers!

xpunch

sup Zeyn, welcome to the site. You should of randomly introduced yourself to anyone and every1 up at Giga since all the boiz are algud dudes  ;D. You could of jumped in on the casuals we had going as well.

It will be a good idea to check out the PSN threads like rorooze suggested. Although nobody mains Rufus at the tournys, there are some gun players up in the playstation network, if not all then most of the PSN boyz pretty much got everthing you need to know about Rufus, in's and outs, pro's and con's sorted things, easy combo's, advance combo's, normals, anti-air etc... they will help you out bro.

You should get someone who is willing to teach you over PSN. That, will probly be the best training, instead of reading all the info blah blah blah then when you play you forget everything lol.

Swt hope to see you at giga on the 21st of May and then every fornight after that, i think thats when the ranbats start up again lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lol yea. we have ONE decent rufus player, and he doesnt play that much. Will definitely add you bro. Welcome to the site.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Lenny has a decent Rufus, and mine ain't too shabby either. Happy to help/give pointers.

Good to play you a few times already Zeyn_ bro, and once again, welcome to the site :D

CrazyMobius

Hey dude. Even though nobody here is known for playing a mean Rufus over other characters. Almost everyone played Rufus as a secondary character in SF4.

Personally I think he is a good choice for beginners in SF4 because he showcases a lot of the games mechanics. I recommend having a mic battle with Hydro.

Also just go hard out on the character and play all three aspects of the game - CPU, Players and Training as each mode teaches you different lessons than the others.

geneterror

Welcome to the site Zeyn. Were you the guy with the grey beanie sitting by the projector screen that was asking a few questions?

Add me for a few games, my psn is geneterror666. I play a bit of Rufus but haven't picked him up in Super yet. Like Simon said if you have a mic jump on and battle Hydro or myself we should be able to give you a few pointers.
KOW 2011

massi4h

Hey man welcome to nzism. I'm pretty happy with my Rufus so I'm sure I could give you some tips at the next meetup.

Lennysaurus

Welcome to the site mate.

Yeah as mentioned earlier Rufus is a great character for new players.  Also we dont have a player maining Rufus at the moment so that will make you "special" lol.

We have a ranbat tourney happening soon, check it out and come play.

Regards,

Lenny "NZ iPhone/iPod Touch Street Fighter IV Champion" Andrews

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Zeyn

thx for the welcome guys will be sure to go to the ranbats event on the 21st aye. hope to see u all online in the meantime!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

When i said 'decent' i meant we have one person that mains him. (Myron) Jeez you guys made it sound like i was ripping into you all.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

welcome.
hope to see u around.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.