• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga SSFIV BiWeekly Ranbats!!! Next one Friday August the 13th 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, May 11, 2010, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

You guys know the drill!

Ranbats will be run as a single/double elimination tournament (depending on numbers at each event) each week.  Rules as follows:

Rounds set to 2 out of 3 to win each game.
Matches are set to 2 out of 3 to win the game.

Games will be played on XBOX 360's on VGA cables to reduce lag as much as possible.
(Sorry guys about not using CRT's, but I think that it might be too difficult to drag these along every 2 weeks)

Seeding will be based on past tournaments and ranbats.

Price will be $5 per person.

Ranbat will run from 6-30PM till 9-00PM on a single console (or two if time permits).  If we finish early, the rest can be for casuals.

All other rules will be as per the NZism tourney rules so read up.  I'll be the judge for the events unless otherwise stated.

Once again top place at the end of the ranbats will get auto-qualificaion into the top 16 at nationals.

And congratulations to JakSmash and Gankatron, the two winners from last seasons SFIV Ranbats.  They will earn Automatic qualification for this years nationals.  Good luck to everyone else and see you there!

Regards,

Lenny "NZ iPhone/iPod Touch Street Fighter IV Champion" Andrews

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

electric

Can't make it tonight guys... Playing out in South Town tonight... opening for Kidz in Space... Woop!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Skullator

deprenyl

massi4h

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Yay good turn out guys!!!

Had to be a single elim cause there were too many jewbags there!!

I think Ben was thinking of doing a Third Strike Ranbat or something next time too so that'd be rad!

Also we tested the GIGA screens, and they are lagging by at least 3 frames.  So looks like we will be needing an alternative.  Weren't able to check the other screens, but will definitely do that next time Tony is in.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on May 22, 2010, 08:48:08 AM
3 frames even over VGA... Wow.

+1. Certainly related, but not sure whether it's on topic, but what tests did you do to come up with that figure ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Basically rorooze brought a VGA splitter, and ben brought a CRT monitor.  We hooked the splitter up to both the TV and the CRT and ran a timer on it.  Took photos of the timer and compared the time differences.  Once we had the TV on the right resolution we started to get three frames pretty much.

Tony wasn't there last night, so we didn't test anything else, but will test the screens next ranbats.  If they are all good, then we will probably start using them from now on.

Also, the chick working at Giga last night has AWESOME legs!!! Sorry guys it had to be said.

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 22, 2010, 10:32:12 AM
Also, the chick working at Giga last night has AWESOME legs!!! Sorry guys it had to be said.

i like when i was talking you and bill, and you both were talking about different things

Rorooze

I have a feeling something wasn't quite right with the resolution on those SAMSUNG lcd's. But yeah, end result was 3 frames of lag, not acceptable imo.

Skullator

Good stuff guys, grats on the win Mason.
Shot for letting us crash at your pad Kurt <3