• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Now that SSF4 has been released, here's a new thread for discussing it.

This is basically a continuation of the old SSF4 thread without the 60 pages of pre-release speculation cruft.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Overall I'm pleased with the balancing. It seems most of my gripes around the first one were due to damage and easy setups with certain characters.

Eg. When I lose now I don't feel really annoyed at all. But in the first one sometimes it didn't feel fair.

The only problem so far seems to be with the PS3 version's inability to join certain matches. Yes I know Xbox is better. lol.

Awesome to see the NZ community coming together due to region searching, just hope everyone doesn't jump to an Aussie account cos that would kinda shoot ourselves in the feet.

Hope this is what this thread is for. lol.

massi4h

Well actually as far as I see it, we should all be linked to eachother through friends on each console, so whenever an endless room is made, everyone can get invited, but then having an Aus account just allows anyone who wants to to play Ranked matches which I find heaps of fun.

Rorooze

I can't stand endless matches unless it's with one or at most two other people, otherwise you have to wait way to long for a game! That said I don't get to play much and I don't often win when playing you guys so when I do play I don't want to sit around waiting for my go :p

budafist

I hate the best of 5 rounds in endless, takes forever.
around 4 players per lobby is fine, its good to watch other peoples play styles.

I'm curious as to who everyone is using/trying out, I've seen most of the people on xbl
but have no idea what the psn or offline cats are up to.

I'm currently putting most time into Juri, I love how she plays, lots of mind games etc.
bit of an uphill battle tho.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

samurai black

daigo says hakan is shit /awesome paraphrasing

CptMunta

No saving offline replays is stupid. That would be damn handy for casuals and tourneys. Imagine if you ran a tourney and you could upload the tournament for people to watch in the replay channel with names added and stuff.

Psn still has quite a few connection issues. But that's been talked about to death.

Other than those minor complaints te game is awesome. It really has exceeded my expectations. Alot of the issues I was worried about, less damage overall, balance. Seem to be sweet as or even have made the game better. And alot of the character traits that seemed broken on paper really haven't been to much of an issue.

All the new characters are awesome. Alot of the rebalancing is really good. Guile just feels "right" now. Same with gief, sim, rose and alot the old cast. The ultras are cool as well bar the useless ones.

Am really surprised just how much better it is than the orginal. Well done capcom thanks for listening to all the feedback.

Oh and Dan's trail combo 15 (I think) is a fuckin crack up. Jump in FK, cr mp, lk Dan kick, Ex DP FADC Ultra 2. Flashy flashy flashy! 

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Funny i dont even play with the new characters. I played with dud for a while but he got boring. I really like playing with Guile now for some reason, i dont even know what to do with his new ultra. Maybe a balrog like type to get through FB's or some shit.

Sim is mean too , i really like him now too, even though like Guile i dont know what to do with his new Ultra too. It always misses when i try all these look alike set ups lol.

Still like Ryu and Ken plus Akuma's always fun to play with. M.bison and boxers mean. There hella fun. Boxers new ultra is mean and one time i did it and the dude was dizzy too. I was yeah the meanest ultra, if only that done that every time woulda been beast. Also Chun Li is pretty mean to play with now too. And i actually know what to do with her new ultra lol.

The only one that is fucked from my experience is Sagat, which woulda still been mean if they kept the s lk properties, even with the damage nerfs. Yeah he's pretty fucking gay now.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

But somehow still rated very highly in matchup charts and the "tiers".
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah i meant fun fatctors. I use to thrash that shit hardout. I didnt really like throwing FB's all day, that was gay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

well , am just playing vs comp .
playing against akuma on hardest and he knoocked me down , he did a  airfireball on my wake up and did an unblockable on me with ultra 2 . had to eat it couldnt block the fireball .

thought that was pretty out of it
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck i wish i could be fucked practising that. You cancel the teleport into it or some shit.

electric

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 21, 2010, 10:19:37 AM
playing against akuma on hardest and he knoocked me down , he did a  airfireball on my wake up and did an unblockable on me with ultra 2 . had to eat it couldnt block the fireball .

LOL - that's pretty awesome, IMO
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Sagay is good because he still has all teh tools to zone you out, with dmg nerfs he just ain't as one combo GG, he needs to work harder like every other cast.

Guile.. you can use him similar to Ryu with teh blade kick FADC sonic hurrican, good dmg.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 21, 2010, 10:19:37 AM

Wow that's cool.

I've noticed that CPU is a bit better in general. Less "Im gonna focus attack everything"
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta