• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah they still walk straight into random ultras though. Thats why i never play arcade anymore. It must be pretty hard to programme them to block ultras or something.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

I've noticed they actually jump over my fireballs now :( And Dan can be a bitch sometimes lol as soon as I jump KORYUKEN. And the charge characters actually charge back now and use b/f charge moves.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah the computer on hardest on vs mode is alot better than vanilla .also akuma telports and cancels into ultra 2 ... :o
its really fun to play and you can never EVER jump as he dragon punches EVERYTHING everytime , quite good practise if no-one online .

tho dont play arcade mode , they seem to be dumber  , just go vs mode , player vs comp and pick vs akuma or whoever
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

electric

So the first balance patch is coming out with the Tournament mode DLC (as most of us expected) - there's a few details here: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/20/super-street-fighter-4-patch-coming-june-15th-with-tournamen.html

Personally, it's the first I've heard of most of these (bar unblockable ultras and Fei's infinite) - but I'm surprised there's no mention of Guy's "throwable during hitstun while crouching" glitch.

Thoughts ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

sweet, although those are bug fixes rather than balancing.

pity it's a bit earlier to ACTUALLY balance some peeps though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The ibuki invincibility one is interesting. I need to read up on that, unless someone can give me the gist of it. Sounds like the kind of thing Mason would know.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on May 21, 2010, 03:57:18 PM
sweet, although those are bug fixes rather than balancing.

Quite right - my bad.

Quote from: fluxcore on May 21, 2010, 03:57:18 PM
pity it's a bit earlier to ACTUALLY balance some peeps though.

Yeah for sure - the fact that the game has really only been out for a month doesn't really give much for the development team to work with in terms of balance. I don't think much will come on that front until a few major tournaments have been completed.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

June 15th is USA prob means we get it about 4 days later A?

Tournament mode will be awesome.

samurai black

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 24, 2010, 07:36:52 AM
June 15th is USA prob means we get it about 4 days later A?

Tournament mode will be awesome.

we seem to be gettting the costume dlc at the same time as them, why would we be delayed at getting the tournament mode?

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on May 24, 2010, 10:22:17 AM
we seem to be gettting the costume dlc at the same time as them, why would we be delayed at getting the tournament mode?

Really? Then that's even better!

fluxcore

If it's rolento, the big question remains:

Will Lenny switch from Ibuki to Rolento?!?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on May 28, 2010, 10:17:47 AM
If it's rolento, the big question remains:

Will Lenny switch from Ibuki to Rolento?!?

That is very likely

Rolento is pretty awesome.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

kingpiccolo

hope this is true i was hoping rolento was gona be in it.

Barnstorm