• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

Im pretty sure that dlc characters will be added  ;D cant wait to buy them, plus Gootecks never lies hes too much of a goodie good  :D. All i really wanted was Dudley and Balrog to meet face to face I pretty much think that the list of chars is complete for now lol.

Be badd to have another new charge back char or a cool mix up char like juri, viper and ibuki but as a male not as bulky as the rest of the male chars but super fast and deadly az.

but now that i think about it Rolento fits this role lolz

Filter

DLC characters is fucking retarded.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gootecks said that a reliable source confirmed DLC, not DLC characters. Given all the talk about it though, its hard to say whats gonna happen.

And DLC characters could be awesome, or it could be crap. It depends on how they balance them. The console characters in SF4 felt incomplete, and i would personally prefer not to have a similar feeling with DLC characters in super.

Im not AGAINST it, id just prefer if they dont rush that shit out without playtesting it enough.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

I think DLC chars is a good thing, provided adequate testing is undertaken (which I am pretty confident would happen).
The alternative is that we wait ages for the next major release.
The have already provided a pretty big roster so I don't feel ripped off in having to pay a little bit every now & then for a new char, I think it will keep the game quite fresh.

I would assume that any new DLC chars would be provided to all via a patch but only playable for those who have paid to unlock. Would hopefully also mean they would turn up as opponents in Arcade mode etc so you can get a feel for them before purchase.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

samurai black

theyre only talking about DLC characters in case the arcade release gets an expanded roster

CrazyMobius

Well I think it would be a smart move on Capcom's part. As the SF4 series is turning into a 'dream-match' series it would fit in with the theme. Possibly this could be the game that eventually has the whole SF cast playable! (Imagine how many match ups you'd have to learn!) Also it will be an effective way to keep people coming back to the game after they are lured away by other companies releases.

B BOY DRAW2

yeah...I think at the moment...they still gotta iron out issues with the current character flaws before adding new ones...

Anyone see that crazy one with Roses Ultra II getting dispersed with Rufus's spinning move...?...or whatever it's called?
Shit is crazy man...

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

I've seen weirder shit than that, TWICE euan jumped in on me as ken, I activated u2 balls, he did *j.lk* which I *blocked* and the balls instantly went away.

Not once. Twice.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

^ Yeah the Balls get beat out alot of the time from random stuff. Alot of the time like you guys probably know if it's a 50/50 it's better to activate and hold block. I've had silly shit happen from time to time. Where I'm like "it's over" only to be knocked out of it.

It's weird it's not like Rose got all that many buffs it's just that everyone's weaker. Oh and Ultra 2 of course ;)

As for DLC I think I'd like to see Birdie. He would either look awesome in 3D or horrible since his design is so crazy. Hugo would be bad-ass too. I hope they add some brand new characters eventually of maybe I'll have to wait for SF5.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on May 31, 2010, 08:01:34 AM
I've seen weirder shit than that, TWICE euan jumped in on me as ken, I activated u2 balls, he did *j.lk* which I *blocked* and the balls instantly went away.

Not once. Twice.

Yeah thats weird.  You sure you were blocking? The Ultra has 4 frames of startup and 5 frames of recovery apparently, so could it be that he just kicked you?

And yeah R.Mika would have been a cool addition.  I used to play her lots in Alpha3

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Everything I've read says rose u2 is no frames. There are vids of using it with option selects afterwards against safe jumps.

Or do you mean that the BALLS come out in 0 frames but rose is still recovering? Even if that were the case Ken was pretty far away when I activated, I would think more than 5 frames of jumping...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on May 31, 2010, 11:08:44 AM
Everything I've read says rose u2 is no frames. There are vids of using it with option selects afterwards against safe jumps.

Or do you mean that the BALLS come out in 0 frames but rose is still recovering? Even if that were the case Ken was pretty far away when I activated, I would think more than 5 frames of jumping...

Yeah that must be it.  The wiki lists the startup as 1+4 and the recovery as 5 frames.  So maybe she can blcok after 5 freames, but the balls don't come out till the 4th frame?  I dunno.  It seems weird.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "