• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Another silly lag thread

Started by cha, May 19, 2010, 06:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Ok then I hereby announce that the STANDARD for all tournaments is a lagless setup. Due to some constraints, some tournaments might not live up to this standard, and that is regrettable.

Happy now?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yes, very :D

EVO is meant to be played on a lagless setup. Players there will bitch alot more than we do. Optimal setup for the biggest competition is not to have lag (I'll keep quiet about WCG lol).

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im not bitching about lagless stuff. Im just saying that is probably the reason behind the trouble that people are having.

A lagless setup should be standard. I might drop a few combos because im not used to having 0 input lag, but whatever. Id rather have to learn to play without lag than be in a situation where i can't tech throws on reaction.

Yifans is not a particularly good setup tbh. It in no way reflects what a quality arcade setup for SF4 should be like, so i personally think comparing stuff to yifans is pretty pointless.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on May 19, 2010, 01:44:23 PM
Ok then I hereby announce that the STANDARD for all tournaments is a lagless setup. Due to some constraints, some tournaments might not live up to this standard, and that is regrettable.

Happy now?
oh wait we should jsut all follow the leader because a lagless setup will help us in big tournaments and if we do bad in them we should complain their setup is lag.
seriously, get realistic as that won't happen. We want to mirrior or close enought to their setup in EVO for example so when it comes to that we are not at a disadvantage, we are already disadvantage in many ways and don't need anymore.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

EVO will be aiming to have the smallest amount of lag possible. We should be doing the same. This is why we are testing the setups at Giga on Friday.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Andy, not to sure if you read what you type before you post as it was contradicting your arguement in that last post.

Basically:

Evo says have no lag setups
Alan says have no lag setup
Andy says whatever Alan
Andy says keep it like evo standards (ie no lag setups as what Alan jusst said)
Andy goes @_@
Everybody else reading goes @_@
World blows up.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

$20 says Birry Wong survives the world blowing up.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Next tournament xbox pads only. No complaining about the equipment cause that's just an excuse. And the SSF4 players should have to have tiebreakers on Mortal Kombat so they can't complain that their opponent was better/worse than them at SSF4.

fluxcore

fuck that we should just move all the tournaments to ultimate mortal kombat 3
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

cha

rofl, the only thing i actually care is when these things being uploaded to youtube,
which make us all look like noobs. fuck HD, CRT ftw.

GG, I will survive!

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 19, 2010, 03:39:13 PM
$20 says Birry Wong survives the world blowing up.

BIRRY WONG
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: cha on May 19, 2010, 04:58:26 PM
rofl, the only thing i actually care is when these things being uploaded to youtube,
which make us all look like noobs. fuck HD, CRT ftw.

GG, I will survive!

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 19, 2010, 03:34:34 PM
Andy, not to sure if you read what you type before you post as it was contradicting your arguement in that last post.

Basically:

Evo says have no lag setups
Alan says have no lag setup
Andy says whatever Alan
Andy says keep it like evo standards (ie no lag setups as what Alan jusst said)
Andy goes @_@
Everybody else reading goes @_@
World blows up.

What I am proposing is that we had setups similar to EVO with or without lag. Whereas Alan said lag free is the way to go which is fine IF EVO is totally lag free. But from What I understand, EVO uses PS3 with the VH236H monitors if I am correct? so you tell me this is lag free?
I am using a similar monitor at home vw246h monitor and yes its great monitor and believe it to be very similar to its predecessor, I don't have any problems with this monitor.

So in a nut shell, there is lag with the EVO setup if the setup we had for the qualifier is so call lag free?

Just to get things clear, this is not about me, but about the overall complaints that both myself and Lenny have face during the last few tournaments. Its hard to justify which is better, lag free? little lag but EVO type setup or just shit lag setup (whatever that is).
therefore I suggested that we mimic EVO's setup or as close as possible if thats fair? I know we don't have the resources but we will do with what we got.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

It's not hard to justify at all. There is no reason to mimic Evo's slightly laggy setup. No reason.

massi4h

Honestly Andy that has to be the worst idea I've ever heard. We're running a tournament and we purposely want to have lag cause it's better than having no lag. Let's play pool with a table with slight roll on it just incase we ever walk into a shitty bar.

Lag is bad not good, next time I go to a tournament I'm gonna say "sorry this setup doesn't lag enough for me, I refuse to play."