• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Juri vs Fireballs

Started by maelgrim, May 22, 2010, 06:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

So dunno how many Juri players there are around here (i'm pretty newb with her), but in my efforts to discover ways to get round fireballers (thanks to a pasting by Ryu) I discovered the following info.

Can
dash under (cool, though doesn't work vs Ryu, Ken, Sakura & Chun Li)
use qcb+p counter
use own fireball
can kick the projectile while stocking a fireball of her own with qcf+k

Here are some vids of dashing under fireballs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kexe25cD-GI (under Guile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAB0FJPVjck  (under Akuma)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3_xg0gMeUw (unkder Gouken)

Timing of dash is pretty strict

You guys might already know the above but I found it pretty useful.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Adon can dash under some aswell. Probably the same ones that Juri can.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: maelgrim on May 22, 2010, 06:52:25 PM
Timing of dash is pretty strict
just jump

JackSmash

maelgrim

I wasn't finding the dive kick so useful vs fireballs, though its likely just me (more practice).
The dive kick seems to be expected, think its unsafe if you hit deep & need to hit confirm before follow up.

Kicking peoples fireballs and holding for release to cancel their next is fun, though can't say i'm very good at timing that yet either.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

JackSmash

Quote from: maelgrim on May 22, 2010, 08:02:51 PM
I wasn't finding the dive kick so useful vs fireballs, though its likely just me (more practice).

If you regularly jump, u will catch them doing a fireball when you're already in the air.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: maelgrim on May 22, 2010, 08:02:51 PM
The dive kick seems to be expected, think its unsafe if you hit deep & need to hit confirm before follow up.

Kicking peoples fireballs and holding for release to cancel their next is fun, though can't say i'm very good at timing that yet either.
You can do neutral or forward jump and buffer the motion while in the air. Press kick when you see them release fireball otherwise just do empty jump. Guessing when they release fireball is hard, BUT for them, guessing when Juri does a dive kick is even harder. Just don't make it too obvious and not too repetitive  It's all about mind game.

The dive kick is unsafe on block unless you are hitting the lower part of their bodies. So, my suggestion is that trying to aim for the lower part only. If they block, it is safe, if it hits, you can connect into ex-spin wheel. damage is pretty decent. Never ever attempt to complete the dive kick combo unless you know 100% it's gonna hit.

maelgrim

Cheers, good advice, I will try that out.

Though dashing under a fireball has a high coolness factor :)

JackSmash

You can absorb Seth's first ex sonic boom and dash under the second btw.

massi4h

Yeah I hate Juri players cause I can't fireball them at all. Dive kick hurts.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I hate juri players because i have no idea wtf im fighting.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 23, 2010, 04:50:37 PM

i hate juri even more when its online
i swear i block those dive kicks

i do find her easy to rush down with rog tho but super hard with sim, thawk and even elf just because of that dive kick

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 23, 2010, 04:50:37 PM
Yeah hard same here. Cant cross her up ay? that fucking ex flipshit. But i haven't played any really good ones yet. One of the PSN dudes should pick her up as i cant really be fucked.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

hue's juri is really good
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

hai... use some juice might help to identify her weakness...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.