• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Ibuki Kunai/sim u1 etc blocking

Started by electric, May 25, 2010, 08:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: Orochi on May 25, 2010, 04:07:47 AM
Cheers for the games Lenny! I just have to work out my direction of blocking against kunai crossups : D

Always block Ibuki (not the kunai) - same goes for Dhalsims U1 then teleport shenanigans, Akumas instant air fireball on wakeup and any other "I'll throw something on this side, then go to the other side you get super confused and rage quit" bullshit lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on May 25, 2010, 08:56:26 AM
Always block Ibuki (not the kunai) - same goes for Dhalsims U1 then teleport shenanigans, Akumas instant air fireball on wakeup and any other "I'll throw something on this side, then go to the other side you get super confused and rage quit" bullshit lol

Yeah thats pretty much the ticket, although it can be hard depending on when the kunai is hitting, and when the opponent is crossing over etc etc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on May 25, 2010, 08:56:26 AM

That 'always block ibuki' is not always the case. In the instance where Ibuki has crossed you up BEFORE the kunai has hit you, then it remains true, but if the kunai hits before she is over you, you need to block the kunai in one direction, and ibuki in the other direction.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 25, 2010, 11:18:11 AM
That 'always block ibuki' is not always the case. In the instance where Ibuki has crossed you up BEFORE the kunai has hit you, then it remains true, but if the kunai hits before she is over you, you need to block the kunai in one direction, and ibuki in the other direction.

What I meant was that when the kunai hits you, if you aren't blocking appropriately for the side Ibuki is on then you'll get hit - unless I'm misunderstanding you lol

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You are. Ibuki has two basic kunai mixups. (more than 2 actually, but the way you block is one of 2 ways)

1) she crosses you up before the kunai hits, in which case, you need to block from her direction, because she turns you around, and if youre trying to block the other way (ie, blocking the kunai), you dont go into 'block mode' as it were. so the kunai from behind you, hits you in the front.

2) she doesnt cross you up before the kunai hits. Here, you block the kunai, and then AFTER you block the kunai, you need to adjust your block to block whatever ibuki is doing.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 25, 2010, 01:47:35 PM
You are. Ibuki has two basic kunai mixups. (more than 2 actually, but the way you block is one of 2 ways)

1) she crosses you up before the kunai hits, in which case, you need to block from her direction, because she turns you around, and if youre trying to block the other way (ie, blocking the kunai), you dont go into 'block mode' as it were. so the kunai from behind you, hits you in the front.

2) she doesnt cross you up before the kunai hits. Here, you block the kunai, and then AFTER you block the kunai, you need to adjust your block to block whatever ibuki is doing.

Gotcha - but I think we're still talking about the same thing lol... good post though, so I'll leave it at that so as not to derail some more

massi4h

I'm almost positive that if she hits you with the kunai before crossing you up she doesn't have enough time to combo anyway. So that's a straight out of the vortex almost.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: massi4h on May 25, 2010, 03:10:43 PM
I'm almost positive that if she hits you with the kunai before crossing you up she doesn't have enough time to combo anyway. So that's a straight out of the vortex almost.

Nah she can hit yuo with the kumai and not crossup and still combo, or she can hit you, with the kunai then crossup and combo you.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

No I meant when she is doing a cross up but the kunai landed before she got over you, then she lands on the other side and is unable to combo cause the kunai hit too early. Or is that what you meant too?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on May 25, 2010, 04:01:18 PM
No I meant when she is doing a cross up but the kunai landed before she got over you, then she lands on the other side and is unable to combo cause the kunai hit too early. Or is that what you meant too?

If its off a super jump, she can combo, but if its off a normal jump, she cant i think.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.