• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im not gonna comment anymore on the lag issues, but i have to agree with Andy that a 3v3 on the same day as nationals might be pushing our resources a little far.

UMEHALA
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

So how did people find mikado style team tourney?

Especially the people that were so vocal against it beforehand.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

that format for a 3v3 is perfect .
everyone gets to play and is a much better event to watch matches in my opinion .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

cha

Quote from: fluxcore on June 28, 2010, 11:14:08 AM
So how did people find mikado style team tourney?

Especially the people that were so vocal against it beforehand.

It was perfect, too bad i don't get to join bcoz i'm too good at rock paper scissor game lol

Actually it was just misunderstanding, I thought its gg for you no matter you win or loss after one game, that would definitely suck, someone should've bold the ORDERING SYSTEM, and told me to STFU

I apologize for that.

However, sadly, our conversation still holds even if you take that I was speaking against the system as it is now, since 95% of it wasn't about the system itself anyway =/
It had to be said that opposite opinion should be handled without aggression or passive aggression, that's what turns things into negativity, not the opinion itself

fluxcore

To be fair it's pretty hard to tell in which ways people have misunderstood things if all they say is "I vote the other system".
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

cha

Exactly, all you get would be "I vote the other system" when you handle it with aggression.

fluxcore

I'd have thought it would be pretty hard to be aggressive without posting about a subject, but perhaps I'm just that good.

I suppose I could have said "well actually mikado format is used by several team tournaments" rather than just "I guess you haven't seen many team tournaments then" as a response to your "I vote winner stays on because all the tournaments I've seen are like that" but you've been known to post some pretty antagonistic things and I tend to reply in kind.

I acknowledge that this may not be the most constructive way to approach things, but sometimes the volume of crap just gets to a guy, and I guess I apologise for that.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: CptMunta on June 28, 2010, 06:33:11 AM
You're more than welcome to come to our mashup this Friday bro :) pmed you the details.

Also feel free to post in the Christchurch thread if you are keen for casuals against our players in the week.

I'm staying at Phoenix Motel, near Fonterra Clandeboye as i need to do my project there. I'm not sure if I have time to go for SSF4 tbh........ we are very busy at this point and i don't think that i can sneak out to play SSF4 coz my schedule is packed from 7am till 9pm. And Friday i'm leaving at 4pm. So ggs....... maybe i will play on PSN once i get back to Auckland. At first I was planning for some casuals at night but my boss want me to work at night right after i finish my job at Fonterra grrrrr.......
And yeah, It's pretty cold down here. Very quiet as well.... i love it..... I'm getting old lol.........

Cr8zyK1LL3r

about the tournament format, I will simply say it's misunderstanding like Cody has said. 

And let's get over this tournament format & delay debates already. We really don't care. I've got a better solution for ourselves so I will talk to the group once i get back AKL. I believe we will never talk about the delay thingy again so be whatever it is.

And let me apologize for the misunderstanding. Now please let everything go and build the community.

fluxcore