• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PS3 Sticks

Started by massi4h, June 09, 2010, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

A friend of mine who plays BlazBlue has asked me for some stick advice (he has PS3). So I thought I'd come here and ask you guys.

Looking around, playasia is out of stock of pretty much every PS3 stick except the wireless tekken one (lol). But I looked on FG and HRAP 3 is: http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/playstation_3/hori-real-arcade-pro3fighting-
Which is $194. Looks like a great deal to me, obviously in the future if he wants Sanwa/Seimitsus it will set him back quite a bit.

What options do you think he has available?

redtie

I got that stick, it was my first too. If its his entry-level stick than yeah he should get it. Buttons are quite spongey compared to sanwas. Stick is good, its sanwa. Built solid and heavy so won't move in your lap if your mashing out of throws or dizzy. But yeah hes playing Blazblue so dunno. $194 good, I got mine for $180 incl shipping from playasia earlier this year. Vpgames has them at $79 USD. They also got the fighting stick 3 for $39 USD. I got a friend who uses it for tekken and says its really good but dunno how it goes with 2D fighters.

links:

HRAP3
http://vpgames.com/p-3544-hori-ps3-pro-3-real-arcade-fight-stick-fighting-joystick-for-playstation-3.aspx

Fighting stick 3
http://vpgames.com/p-250-hori-ps3-fight-stick-arcade-joystick-controller-for-playstation-3-fighting-games.aspx

fluxcore

He could buy a fully sanwa-modded SE fightstick off my co-worker for around $250... :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I could prolly do a fully sanwa stick for about 200-220, PC PS3 compatible of course.
Stick will be mayflash type layout.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

maelgrim

I have the HRAP3 its a great stick, the buttons can be replaced with Sanwa etc quite easily (I have done so). I have also added a plexi & custom art.

If he is a Blazblue nut he might try & get a hold of the BB TE version.
Its a limited run & only available in the U.S so you would need to use a freight forwarder.
http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/05/07/blazbluecontiuum-shift-limited-edition-te-joysticks☼д☼/

There is also a BB Hori stick similar to HRAP except the buttons are soldered and not quick disconnects so harder to mod with Sanwa.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

B BOY DRAW2

I reckon just buy a SE from the capcom store ($100 excluding shipping)...and replace the buttons at a later date.
Unless he wants to go all out...you're gonna have to convince him to just buy a TE or the non-streetfighter TE from play asia.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

originaljulz

Hah am I correct in assuming your friend with a ps3 is Caleb?

It's his Blazblue playing friend here. I just ordered the hrap3 from FG about 20 minutes ago :D
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Yep good to see you joined. Make him come as well lol. Good on you 2 for coming over to the stick side...

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

madaxe munkee

*tada* it is I.

So yeah, I'm Caleb.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

snowystepo

Quote from: madaxe munkee on June 10, 2010, 07:33:07 PM
*tada* it is I.

So yeah, I'm Caleb.

im gonna get a RAP3 and replace bottons with sanwa parts
are u going to get BBCS on 1st July?good to see you on psn soon~

zos'la

Rap3 = $200-$250 NZD depending if your good at finding the cheaper one.
Sanwa buttons x8 =$30-$40 including shipping.

= not really worth it.
Might as well get a TE if your gona spend that money...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

maelgrim

TE direct from Capcom is about $320 NZ including shipping (at exchange rate of 0.675).
So yeah a good option if you like the button layout, want a cord holder & some capcom art
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

snowystepo

Quote from: zosla on June 11, 2010, 09:47:26 AM
Rap3 = $200-$250 NZD depending if your good at finding the cheaper one.
Sanwa buttons x8 =$30-$40 including shipping.

= not really worth it.
Might as well get a TE if your gona spend that money...

I've got a xbox360 stick with sanwa parts already, so i will just swap it with my sanwa bottons