• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Ooh looks fun. You guys better get it. If we get this, MVC3 and Killer Instinct 3 then I'll be set for life.

fluxcore

nats 2011

kof 13
mk 9
ssf4
mvc3

calling it now
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Much as i generally dislike the mortal kombat games. That actually looks enjoyable. My first impression is a lot higher than MK vs DC. That being said, its still Mortal Kombat.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

Mk has always had the best cinematics for a fighting game 8), but always had the tetris (moving blocks) gameplay, also the secret combos you had to figure out for yourself were lolz. i hope this one is as smooth as sf4, gameplay wise.

It looks good il get it for sure just like every other mk hope they put the basic aircombos n stuff in the command list just too get an idea of how the game works or just have trials like sf4.

Best cinematic to me was shaolin monks  8) ;D 8) i know it wasn't much of a fighting game more of an adventure game but yeah the cinematics were up there with deadly alliance, and armageddon.

samurai black

still looks funny. like it seems to be lacking impact behind the moves.

xpunch

Quote from: samurai black on June 11, 2010, 12:47:20 PM
still looks funny. like it seems to be lacking impact behind the moves.

like tetris.

massi4h

Stop dissing tetris you fool. What's better than writing in the middle of your screen saying "Back to back tetris" and lines disappearing. That puzzle game is nothing like tetris, theres heaps of games like it. Even an SF version. Grrr

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

That would be kinda pointless, I'd beat you all at once.

geneterror

KOW 2011

xpunch

Quote from: massi4h on June 11, 2010, 03:11:49 PM
Stop dissing tetris you fool. What's better than writing in the middle of your screen saying "Back to back tetris" and lines disappearing. That puzzle game is nothing like tetris, theres heaps of games like it. Even an SF version. Grrr

like guitar hero  :P

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore