• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Actually looking forward to this, glad there is no 3d movement this time.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

- The blood in the game gushes in a realistic way and stains the fighters (think of God of war 3). The longer the blood stays on the character or the ground it will darken and decay just like real blood!

- All characters have been modeled both from the outside and the inside, and each character’s insides are unique to him when shown in the x-ray special move. Like reptile shows lizard type organs and bones, sektors shows circuit boards and cables etc…

- The MK dev team is trying to make the game balanced and competitive

- The game features froward dashes and back dashes. and just like sf4 it is done by taping forward or back twice respectively.

-  The game features …… wait for it…..wait a little bit more…breath….. DASH CANCELS!!! an example was given in giantbomb.com’s podcast that the player was able to do Kunglao’s spinning move and dash cancel from it to further combo (or even super combo) the opponent.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

2D fighter with 3D models ? Check.
EX bar ? Check.
FADC ? Check.

I'm staying on the fence for this one at the moment... Hopefully it's actually good, and not a blatant rip off with tacky, tacky characters.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xpunch

yesss, there going for quality this time  ;D ;D ;D since the latest mk's havn't really been about quality :'( just quantity, more chars = more fun? wrong.... only capcom can pull that off lol.

but it looks like there heading in the right direction with this game. wanting it to be "balanced and competitive" is beastly. Cant waiot to see how this game turns out.

fluxcore

The more I see of this, the more awesome I think it is. I reckon it could actually be a pretty deep game, especially with all the shit you can do in tag mode!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Lots quite awesome and cannot wait to see the final product.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

fluxcore

I'm more interested in this than mvc3 or kofxiii tbh

CptMunta

It looks really good. Though Boon's team have a history of fucking up. I really hope there isn't too much recycled animation, so each character is given the individual treatment they deserve and some of the early stiffness and clunkiness of their recent efforts doesn't make it into this game.

I really really want to believe!  :-\
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

maelgrim

I like the dark feel.
I love tag matches - probably the most exciting bit.
Yeah it probably has me more hyped than MVC3 at the moment, but not quite enough to overtake BBCS (out in a month).
Keen to get all 3!
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

B BOY DRAW2

man...that Kung Lao Fatality is...umm...  :-X

Dunno if I'm a fan of some of the movement...like they just don't seem to move as realistic as they look.
...Kinda imagine kicking a ball with a fully extended leg...but connecting the ball with your knee and your leg is still fully extended.
If you can't imagine that...it looks unco!!!
And they still have "poo" stances...like Virtua Fighter 1.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

I guess I don't really care about that all that much. I've never really been convinced by any 3d graphics, in general I just ignore them. Having said that, even the digitised graphics of old MKs didn't appeal to some people.

MK just has a completely different take on the fighting game genre... lots of different kinds of moves (e.g. teleport punches, a variety of containment moves... just quite a bit of stuff you'll never see in SF) and while some might not think the gameplay is much good, umk3 in particular is actually a pretty decent game (and lots of fun), with some quite different things you can do due to the engine. This looks like it might well have everything that made the old MKs good, and then some...

samurai black

i will admit, i do like some of the inspired special moves for some of the mk characters.

xpunch

combo's look mean in this game, hope i can do my UMK3 robot Smoke tricks in this game.  ;D