• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waza

Epic game! Best story mode in a fighter eva!! This should definitely be at ranbats. Always been an mk fan so no salt- e- ness from me

Chocobuny

Day 2:

Story Mode Complete
200 / 300 Challenge Missions complete
Aprox 85% of the Krypt unlocked.

I'm doing pretty good >: D

LN

Lol stuart, you know why you couldn't do a babality?

You have to win the last round without blocking any moves.
There is no knowledge that is not power

nztauranga

Quote from: LN on May 02, 2011, 08:00:24 AM

You have to win the last round without blocking.
Lol! Cla$$ic! Thats right i forgot bout that no block thing..kinda tempted now to buy this game after seeing all the ad's over telly and u chumpz, i meant champz lol carrying on about the game.
-work to live not live to work-><>

IR U IM B IL E

Yeah I forgot about that too, was wondering why I couldnt do it. Story mode is really awesome, up to Stryker's chapter. Really feels like the old mk2 and 3 which I like.

Playing around with Nightwolf and Sektor. Liking NW alot.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

stereomonkey

Quote from: LN on May 02, 2011, 08:00:24 AM

You have to win the last round without blocking any moves.

Yeah I watched a video of Damdai or Seb trying to do it and saying you cannot block in the last round.

That means you never block? Watta Beast!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Chocobuny

BEAT THE CHALLENGE TOWER. I FEEL LIKE IM FINALLY FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

xkheretic

Chocobuny

Quote from: [SAS]xkheretic on May 02, 2011, 10:50:03 PM
Enjoy the Mileena alt. costume. Haha.

You have no idea how sad I was when that popped up. Probably the most massive troll in history.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: Chocobuny on May 02, 2011, 10:52:22 PM
You have no idea how sad I was when that popped up. Probably the most massive troll in history.
Paperbag DLC ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

DVS

Just making the change over to MK myself....

Enjoying using Ermac and Subzero, Baraka and Stryker are also cool.

So many changes to the mentality of SF play but I am enjoying the new challenges. I love how precision timing has been replaced by 'the quicker you can mash it out the better'.....haha. Having a 2 button Xray is quite funny and loads of unblockables stop turtle play. Missing the footies a bit so far to me the players feel quite short range with their pokes.....good paralyzing or juggling specials and a teleport move seem to be the order for a stable character. Enhanced moves are really cool and offer loads of options when juggling......nice to have a breaker too when your being juggled to shit!

Biggest adjustment for me is the block button, but I do like not having to worry about ambiguous cross ups.

Love all the extra detail and care that has been taken with the design and the story and fight modes are really well done. It's a really well crafted game.....time will tell if fighting mechanic is a sticker for me. After I've fully adjusted I'll no doubt settle into it.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

redtie

Anyone trying noob? Hes like O.Sagat. Haha gotta love his awesome fireball game definitely going to have him as my second. His dash and walk speed is pretty quick too

DVS

Quote from: redtie on May 05, 2011, 01:27:50 PM
Anyone trying noob? Hes like O.Sagat. Haha gotta love his awesome fireball game definitely going to have him as my second. His dash and walk speed is pretty quick too

Noob's pretty boss eh....was doing the challenge tower 166, and he was carving me up with his inky madness....seems to have everything covered with all those projectiles and that teleport throw is broken as fuck
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......