• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

This just in: Xbox 360 get the tiger from Kinectimals as an exclusive character
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 09, 2010, 01:45:19 PM
Whada ya mean you guess. He's the fuckin mane.
Indeed he is awesome, but he's not gonna make a shit game any better.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on December 09, 2010, 01:50:13 PM
This just in: Xbox 360 get the tiger from Kinectimals as an exclusive character

I hope your not joking. That would be mean, he would be all fucked off and deadly though haha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 09, 2010, 01:45:19 PM
Whada ya mean you guess. He's the fuckin mane.

oh i like kratos too, but im not so hot on console exclusive characters now, even though i basically jizzed myself when i learnt that link was in sc2 way back when.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: samurai black on December 09, 2010, 01:07:03 AM
ps3 version gets kratos as an exclusive character.

sort of yay i guess :-\

this is lame , sc proved console exclusive characters suck and equal a shitty game , ask yoda and vader .

looks like mk will be kaka after all
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

jpb123

the exclusive characters will be banned most likely in offline tounrys and most likely the 360 version will be used anyways.

just need pop in a disc to change a setup from ssf4 lets say to MK9 because its widely known that most high end tounrys / streams use the 360 version.

360 will get a character but again banned most likely.

I dont agree with Midway doing this. If want to make a fighting game make it for the fans and not marketing another game with it or increase the sells on one platforms.

I believe its there to increase sells on ps3 because most fighting game fans have 360s.

DVS

MK was what got me into gaming...it was the first fighter I ever played.....MK1 for 50cents at the video store.....Subzero freeze loops - sweep, freeze, sweep, freeze etc...  ::)

I'm quite looking forward to playing this....the last MK I played was the anniversary one* (can't remember what it's called was so long ago) which had all characters from the 2D franchise....oh tell a lie I played one of those 3D ones...where they nerfed all jumping to the point where it was pointless to jump  :-X

Pretty sick looking combos and the story mode apparently has like 2hours of cinematics.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zmAGdEAwPo&has_verified=1
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Lennysaurus

Adding dumb gimmicks to make sheep buy a game is fail.

Hope it plays well.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

jpb123

Its all about money. Wanting to sell more copys on one platform then another. Its stupid and breaks the ps3/360 fighting game community ever more.

He going to banned in 90% of main tounrys anyway.( online and offline ) Just because 360s are cheaper and most tounrys now run with 360s.

If MK9 wants be taken seriously as a fighting game then make it a fighting game not a "A exclusive character WITH THIS GAME :D:D:D:D:D:D:D"

PS3 only..........

mega64 wins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oou3IudIoC0

CptMunta

He played worse in soul calibur broken destiny than he did in god of war. Chances are he'll be even worse in mk9. He's probably dlc. ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

DVS

Sweet Wallpapers available on www.themortalkombat.com and other bonus features (most of the videos available there everyone has already seen).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LN

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2010/12/13/mortal-kombat-tournament-edition-and-pre-order-info.html

Classic costumes sound good, I like the old style ninjas a lot!

The stick in the TE could be pretty amusing though :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

DVS

Quote from: LN on December 14, 2010, 08:04:20 AM
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2010/12/13/mortal-kombat-tournament-edition-and-pre-order-info.html

Classic costumes sound good, I like the old style ninjas a lot!

The stick in the TE could be pretty amusing though :)

Classic costumes look pretty sweet.....I'd be down for a classic Subzero outfit  :D

I was wondering about the button layout though.....isn't MK a 5 button layout? LP, HP, Block, LK, HK?...they got rid of the run button awhile back. Thats guna be interesting to adjust to after so much SF.

geneterror

This is gonna piss people off.
http://kotaku.com/5712970/some-mortal-kombat-fatalities-only-available-in-certain-stores
QuoteDo you love Sub-Zero's killing move from the original Mortal Kombat? Well, here's hoping you love Best Buy, where you'll have to pre-order the next Mortal Kombat to get it in your game. But what if you like Scorpion's?

Scorpion's original fatality will only be available in copies of the game pre-ordered at GameStop. Amazon will be selling pre-ordered copies with Reptile's fatality.

The news that those retro fatalities â€" and classic versions of those characters â€" will be available only in select stores came this morning in a press release from Warner Brothers Interactive today, publishers of the new game.

The Mortal Kombat series is famous for its brutal "fatality" finishing moves. Presumably all characters in the new game will be stocked with fatalities; we're talking about extras here.

This is an odd one. Sometimes game publishers allow a certain store to sell pre-orders to a version of a game that has exclusive levels or exclusive characters. Selling exclusive moves in a fighting game seems different. In all cases, the intent is clear: to goose pre-order sales with a given game-seller, in order to ensure strong sales at that chain.

We've checked in with Warner Bros. to see whether those fatalities will eventually be available for all users to download and purchase, as some retailer "exclusives" sometimes eventually are. We've also asked whether players who don't have these special versions will be able to see those fatalities if they compete online against players who have them. This post will be updated if we find out more.

The new Mortal Kombat will be out in April on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
KOW 2011