• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Regular Meets?

Started by Coddfish, June 15, 2007, 06:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddfish

Flux's comment in the Marvel Etiquette thread about "why don't you guys get together and playon console?" got me thinking.

As brilliant a Yifan's is, I think we can all agree it has a way of robbing us of our cash. :P

I know that Ryan lives in Howick near where I  do, but where do the rest of the Aucklandites stay?
Because I think it would be really fun and beneficial to all gather somewhere regularly, to just spend a few hours playing casuals on console, without having to always spend money to play.

I'd be happy to supply what I can, I have a PS2 and (currently) one arcade stick. Though hopefully soon after I get back to NZ I will mod my busted stick and then I'll have two, which will be enough unless we feel the need to play GG Isuka :P

I also have the following games:
Legit: GGXX#R, GGIsuka (eww), KoF '00-'03, KoF MI (eww), SF3:3S, Hyper SF2, SFA Anthology, CVS2, SoulCalibur 2 and 3, SS5
Less Legit: MVC2 (though without many characters unlocked, because its the Jap version and unlocking is very tedious on that), GGXX/S, KoF XI, SS6, MBAC, Hokuto no Ken.

I'd be happy to travel a bit, after all its an hour busride whenever I want to go to Yifans.

So what do ya'll think? If someone has another stick, this would work out really well I think. Most of those games I have are arcade perfect, or close enough to it, as far as I know. The ones that matter are, anyway. And like Flux said in that other thread, when we're not paying for each game, we don't have to try and get the most out of each. This allows us to play harder, and learn to deal with hard-playing tactics, and overall grow as fighters.

The ironic thing about suggesting this is that I won't be back till the end of July. :D

samurai black

i stay in panmure, like two minutes away from the bridge to pakuranga. im keen for some games, but the only day i have off are fridays. i have class mon-thurs and work during the weekends.

ive got t5, sfa anthology and sc3 and a namco stick that is starting to crap out on me. i'm hoping its just me and not the stick :( honestly though, all i can use is jin in t5, a-ism charlie and i play a scrubtacular siegfried. blah.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Ryan

MVC2:
KingPic is in town, gunsmoke is in town too, ill_bill is out westish I think, ABC_SMN is up north shore, and iMagneto is also in howick.
Dopefiend and ironsol are around panmure too.

Alan (not on the forum) is another pro player living in town, and same with Joe (not on forum)

We used to have tournies at Joe's place. I remember we had a couple of DC's, or a DC and a PS2. I think the problem then, is finding enough TV's  ;D Cause i'm sure everyone (nearly) has MVC2 at home.

... well except for me.  :(
fighting game noob

Ryan

Oh, there's also some other dudes who show up and play every now and then. Should tell them about this forum also.

There's the dude Mike refers to as Peter jackson (the one that used to have the longer frizzy hair) who uses spiral trap team pretty well.
Then there's the Asian dude who uses MSP mainly, that never talks to us (but recently he's being more friendly i think), and there's also this other dude with frizzy hair whom I've only seen play a few times, but seems decent (well, when simon isn't laying down teh rapage!11!1one!)

I haven't fought JoeKage in a while, but I imagine he'll still give me a whooping  :P
Ben seems to have disappeared. I think it must be the getting a gf thing  ;D ;D
fighting game noob

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

lol, i kno ill_bill looks like a westie, he is not.....he lives in kohimaram....its like up the road from mission bay.

me n sol live closer to The Village Hidden In The Ghetto....Glen Innes.

But yes, lack of TV's is quite a big problem.

Thats how god tier ben is :P

samurai black

QuoteThen there's the Asian dude who uses MSP mainly, that never talks to us

we've dubbed him 'cheap guy'. theres also doug. the asian guy that uses spiral. really loud.

Ryan

My holidays start on the 23rd of this month.  Got a good 2+ weeks before uni starts again. 

JOE'S HOUSE EVOLUTION 2007!!!

Huuuuwaaaaaaaaaat
fighting game noob

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

and yea, im in kohi, though i pretty much live at the TV studio in town.

west auckland? wtf?

oh and cheap guy is only more friendly because IVE started talking to him. Who wuold have thought it would fall to the communications student to expand the lines of communication >_>

But yea, we should definitely expand. Im hoping for a solid 16-man next time. Where i can hopefully come LAST again.

List of people i think we're forgetting:

The Rubiks cube guy
Eddy_Combo -> who ive never seen play, but im pretty sure i know who he is.
Matt whats-his-name from studio 2. you know, the kids show on tv in the afternoons. I remember i beat his sorry ass back in first year, before i started sucking at marvel.

OK MAYBE we cant round up 16 for JHE2007, but im down all the same.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Depending on when/where/if I can get a ride, I'd be interested...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 21, 2007, 06:16:14 PM

List of people i think we're forgetting:

The Rubiks cube guy
Eddy_Combo -> who ive never seen play, but im pretty sure i know who he is.

hehe im had to miss, islander dude wit Afro lol.

haha that reminds me gotta challenge That Cubix Guy.....

hmm Im a F_CKN proud WESTIE!! Yayyay!!! ;D  West--SI--IDDDEEE!!!!

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

QuoteBut yea, we should definitely expand. Im hoping for a solid 16-man next time. Where i can hopefully come LAST again.

Dude, we were pretty packed last time. 16 people crammed into joes living room seems to be a bit much.

Ryan

There's also Hue, and this other dude who used to play iron/sent/psy, but I've not seen him in a few months.

Oh, there's also the dude that runs the Timezone at hunters that uses mag,storm and akuma/psylock
fighting game noob

Fate

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 21, 2007, 06:16:14 PM

Matt whats-his-name from studio 2. you know, the kids show on tv in the afternoons. I remember i beat his sorry ass back in first year, before i started sucking at marvel.

Huh, that dude plays MvC2?