• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super SF4 South Island Regionals, HD Remix and 3rd Strike Results

Started by CptMunta, June 13, 2010, 07:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Super SF4 South Island Regionals, HD Remix and 3rd Strike Tourney

Buggered after three days of street fighter (counting Friday mashup) so here's a basic run down which I'll edit and update with vids info and pics this week :)

Cheers everyone for coming in down, especially Chuckk from Wellington, everyone who lent thier sticks and consoles (Cheers again for lending the dreamcast Chained) and Gamstation and the guys for helping out, also Scott for donating the Akuma pad and SF3 SI DC game. Go community! :D Here's the results:

Super SF4
1st Nick4Now: Juri
2nd Redtie: Blanka, Vega, El Fuerte, Fei Long
3rd Loomie: Gen, Cody, Ryu

HD Remix
1st Redtie: Guile
2nd Nick4Now: Zangief
3rd Lae Dog: E Honda

(All family WTF?!)

3rd Strike
1st Chuckk: Urien
2nd Propafanda: Ken
3rd CptMunta: Urien, Hugo, Alex

King of capcom 2010
(Placed best across all games)
Nick4Now

2nd Propafanda
3rd Loomie

CHCH's first 3rd Strike tourney 11 years after it's release

HDR Goodtimes. That's the managers Super Turbo Cab in the corner

Tamati and his Blanka Breakfast toaster for winning mashmaster

AS players were knocked out they were given treats Yum

oh and cheers to Jade from gamestation for hooking all the hdr and 3rd strike tourney entants with lost planet 2 and UFC t shirts as an added bonus :) Hooray for bonus spot prizes :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

Good shit all!

Gz on the SSFIV win Ryuk!
Shot for heading down from welly Chuckk.

moose!

W00t at Charlie taking out 3S!

How many entrants in each game?

Loomie

I'll get the vids on dvd asap! Thanks for putting so much effort into all of this Marc, I feel guilty you weren't in the ssf4 tourny :(

Chuckk

I'm really glad I went down, had a lot of fun, the hospitality was great (thanks Marc and Nora), Gamestation was a real chill venue, and all the people I met were dope.
Got fucking served at HDR hahaha, oh well good times. You guys are pretty sick at that game.

It was fun to spread the 3s message Missionary style... ba-dum tish.
Hopefully I can come back down and play some Super, after some practice, and not be free in that too.

If any of you guys are ever heading up to Welly, definitely let me know, I'd be more than grateful to return the great hospitality I was shown.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Nick4now

Damn this weekend was fun! Big thanks to Gamestation for hosting and Everyone who supplied equipment!

@Chuckk: It was awesome meeting you bro! I was guttered that you were my first opponent in 3s. lol Seeing what Urien can do in person was awesome! Loved the anti-air fireball into juggle combos that you pulled off against all of us! Sorry I wasn't much of a challenge but I'll try and level up for the next time we meet! It sucked that you left early, but I'll see you again soon! (Maybe the nationals  ;D) Thanks coming down man

@Redtie: GGS man at HD Remix & SSFIV. As for HD Remix we know each other too well for that game and have countless amount of Guile vs Gief matches. It just felt like another one of our sparring sessions haha as for SSFIV LMAO at you selecting different Characters on basically every game you had. Hahaha Shot!

@Loomie: Damn I had to play you twice during SSFIV but we've never had any previous encounters at the other tourneys. lol We had some awesome match ups bro and your Gen is definitely stronger than the last time! After your convincing win in our 2nd game of the Losers Final with Ryu I was really scared... lol GGS man.

@Propafanda: We never played each other in either tournaments lol But shot on making it to the finals in 3s! Since Chuckk is from Welly I guess you're no.1 3s player here. lol You leveled up out of nowhere!

@Chained: Nice Chun-li without your preferred super bro! It was real entertaining watching your match with Chuckk. Just remember next time that SAII is the one you want. lol

@Rafifty: Shot on rocking the Gouken! Unforturnately I missed your first match against Scott but you did well against Loomie  :) You've got the countering locked down and during some of our casuals you even managed to counter my random low attacks without EX counter. GJ bro.

@Cptmunta: Huge thanks for setting this all up! Man I hope we can keep this all going while you're away, Its not gonna be the same without you  :'( lol But although I lost against you in 3s, it was an awesome set of games! So tight nearly every round. GGS bro. It really did suck that you didn't enter SSFIV though, I'm with Loomie feel guilty too  :)

and @The NZism PSN Crew!: Big shout out to Skullator, Arkade, iMagneto, CrazyMobius, Hydrokinesis, Electric, Geneterror, Zosla, Pjai, KariZZma, CoffinDrop, Cr8zyk1ll3r, Fury, Bink, Snake & Everyone else who I've been playing against regularly. Our sessions really helped me level up and also helped me learn the match ups against characters I used to be unfamiliar with. Thanks guys  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

GGs to everyone this weekend
;D

@Nick4now
I think it was only fair that you took out super and I got hdr haha. I will be travelling with you for sure up north! Damn, I didn't expect your Juri so I thought I'd be smart and pick randoms haha. Man shes good! Mixups are solid as. I got to catch back up to you, you've leveled up heaps with the two weeks you've had with the game.

@Chuckk
Nice meeting you man, mean that you made the effort to fly down.

@CptMunta
Another good show! Thanks man for everything you do for us!! I think I was a bit salty after losing the finals sorry we didn't stick around hah. Hope yous had fun at dennys!

Aiteeeee, lets see those matches!

I'm taking Fei long to nationals!!  8)

CptMunta

Man imagine that, top 3 from South Island Regionals at nationals all maining different characters! :)

as for the turnout it wasn't huge like the last one. Mainly due to uni and people having other commitments. If I could have I would have made it so I has more time advertising and it didn't fall when people had exams etc... Also this tourney wasn't free like the last one and I'm sure some people don't feel like paying to loose, which shouldn't be the point but makes sense.

Lots of people coming down to spectate though which was awesome. Might have even have recruited some new players even which is what it's all about :)

We'll start up ranbats in 2 weeks or so. I'll make it pay for points maybe so you can still enter you just get no points if you don't put money in. That way we can all level up together and you guys can keep on truckin' while I'm away.

Really happy with the results. As a spectator I was blown away by the tournies antics and big shout outs to Loomie for capturing the whole thing on his camera. Actually I should hook you up with the 3rd Strike and HDR finals to put on there too. Go the SI Regionals DVD! :D

zos'la

Great work Marc for doing this, nice scene u have built.

Gratz to the boyz in the top 3 and hope to see you guys at teh nationals.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on June 14, 2010, 09:32:38 AM
rofl marc, you make the best prizes ever!
Cheers bro :)
I've got all the files if any of you guys wanna make some for nats. All up it cost me around $10 or so for everything.  I got the Clear lunch bags and Jet planes from the Warehouse. Also had some cheap printing Photo paper lying around. Then just photocopied the flyers on yellow paper (which was an accident on the photocopiers behalf but came out looking cool).

Toaster was donated by Gamestation's staffroom then just drew on with poscas and pencils.

I'm kinda glad I didn't enter Super SF4, I was pretty shattered by the time I got to Sunday after spending Monday Night in Hospital with poor health only recovering on Weds then having a crazy meat burning incident smoking out the whole house on Thursday evening making Friday really crazy busy for me, wife and little Maya.

I was happy with my HDR and 3rd Strike performance though considering the lack of practice. learned alot from both tourneys and hope we can keep rocking them for casuals.

Forgot to mention Chuckk was the Balderdash side Tournament winner while we were all waiting for pizza at the end of day one. Also fun iphone SF4 casuals.  ;D Was cool just chilling out post tourney casuals and feeds on both days actually.

I'm stoked you guys are keen to go to nationals which was the whole point of this whole little venture ;) You guys are going to have a blast!

Rafifty

GGs to all was fun ;D

Sucks i couldnt make saturday cuz you know im chch's secret weapon in both those games :P It wouldve been sweet to meet and learn off you chuckk but ohwell maybe another time.

Grats to all the winners anda big thanks to gamestation and especially to marc for being the man once again!

p.s im making brownies tonight after those denny ones lololol

Steam ID: rafifty123

Nick4now

Hahah oh yeah shot Chuckk for beasting us in balderdash  ;D Also would like to Tamati and Agent K thanks for coming! You guys did really well and I hope you guys join the mashmasters crew :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

propafanda

Good games to everyone who entered the tournement. It was all for fun no matter what rank and place people had come. Cheers for coming down from Wellington Chuck. In the end SF3 3rd Strike was a highlight and the most fun I reckon, especially versing you. I aint been playing it very long at all as you will see. If I had been.. oh man kens potential in the game is def a force to be reckoned with. GG's yo!