• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Wanganui with an H (haha)

Started by Flash, June 25, 2010, 01:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash

Wanna get a scene going on here might be able to get a couple setups going one ssf4 and the other can be blazblue, tekken 6 or hd remix even another ssf4 depending on who wants what i only have 2 sticks and both setups will probably be ps3. just want to know if anyone on here is from wangas and depending on numbers might have to find a venue because can't fit to many at my house.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

All the best for this endeavour bro. Good to see people hopping on the fighting game train.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah good luck bro. Hopefully you can find some peepz to jam with. Hit me up on psn if you want - WEAZZYEFFF
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Flash

no luck so far just playing against some friends just the 3 of us. already played against you weazzy i'm theflash2000 i use sim played against your dictator and maybe ryu in raned good games.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh theflash wasup mane. Yeah ggs on psn nice Sim bro.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Man I was drawing pavement art in wanganui years ago for an arts festival there. Meet some guys that play street fighter while I was drawing on the street. They were going to challenge me at the local arcade. But piked out.

But yeah, good luck building your scene bro. We have been lucky enough to have timezone and our indie games store gamestation to help build our scene.

Having a public place to meet new players can help since some are shy about going to a strangers place to play fighting games.

You could try running a tourney at a local game store or game rental place. Make sure you assure them you'll do all the work and it'll cost them nothing and it might bring in more customers.

Even a garage out the back of house is good since it seems more removed from someones personal space. Also seems a bit more like a hub for players to get together.

Fliers and posters at uni and left at game/video stores can help too. And black and white copying is pretty cheap nowadays. Also game stores and arcades might even pay for the copying for you if they are hosting as a thank you since they get it on the cheap

Best of luck bro :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Flash

cheers for the ideas cptmunta posting this on here i was hoping to find at least 1 more person from wanganui on here so i didn't have to take it on by myself, i 'll probably print up some flyers and leave them at videostores and gameshops see what happens wanganui might be just to small of a place to set this up yet who knows.

fluxcore

I would advise against having a get together in your home and inviting strangers, just a safety aspect thing really.

Otherwise yeah just post up propaganda around the place to get people interested :) A tourney is often the way to get people in, something with low entry cost but vaguely cool prizes. Advertise at game stores or something... Just keep your expectations low, but keep on trying. Good luck! Munta has proven that it's possible, although you've probably got it even harder than he did...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Flash

yea i know i'm moving out in 2 weeks thats why i thought i could have some casuals there, before i go.