• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

SSF4 PS3 Monthly Online Tournament

Started by Flash, June 28, 2010, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake1337

Well ill give this tourney a go i guess lol

Snake1337_FTW
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

iMagneto

Ill come for this online tournament!

Imagneto (Dictator)

xFIST_0F_FURYx

electric

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the battle card system... it sounds a little over complicated for what we're trying to do here (register wins/losses, determine an overall winner as well as 2nd and 3rd placings)

Just my opinion of course, but I prefer the whole "I beat this guy 2-1" and you get 1 point for a game win, so using that example, I'd be on 2 points, and whoever I played would be on 1 point, person with the most points wins or whatever
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

SilverLightNinja

Ok even though im not good i'll play too... "BinkNinja"

And i agree with Electric on the points system thing...Think ya should just keep it simple...just like my message..."Simple"

[SAS]akuma1nz

If the time is right I'll be down aswel...
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

CptMunta

Quote from: electric on June 30, 2010, 05:01:13 PM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the battle card system... it sounds a little over complicated for what we're trying to do here (register wins/losses, determine an overall winner as well as 2nd and 3rd placings)

Just my opinion of course, but I prefer the whole "I beat this guy 2-1" and you get 1 point for a game win, so using that example, I'd be on 2 points, and whoever I played would be on 1 point, person with the most points wins or whatever

Yeah as great as the battle card system sounds. I agree with electric.

The traditional round robin way is probably the easiest to admin and easier for people to understand their results. But it's your call bro, I'm down for whatever :) you could even make a poll if you like.

Also my brother is mineator, he got your message and he's down too so sign him up :)

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

Yo sign me up geneterror666.

I'm also keen for the simpler round robin format but whatever people want is fine by me.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Trialacc

I am keen as well, put me in

PSN: trialacc

Flash

Quote from: OLEET on June 28, 2010, 09:57:36 PM
Change the ultra selection to same as evo. Winner can change ultras but before the opponent has picked his.

Smoofikith keeeeeeeen

is everyone cool with this rule, dunno if people can see opponents ultra selection until fight starts if i remember correctly might have to make the rule you have to stay the same character but you can choose any ultra you want before or after opponent unless i am wrong.

also i have scrapped the idea of the bp system by the request of you guys saves me extra work to do.

since we have so many people do you think we should have four pools instead of 2 that means we will have a quarter finals then the semi's then the grand finals it's just a lot of games to get through in 9-10 days what do you guys think. or we could make it the top person from each pool (instead of top 2) goes to the semis then straight to the grand finals.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Flash

here are the pools listed from A,B,C,D

Flash

this is how the quarter finals are going to work

Match 1
winner in pool A vs 2nd in pool D

Match 2
winner in pool B vs 2nd in pool C

Match 3
winner in pool C vs 2nd in pool A

Match 4
winner in pool D vs 2nd in pool B

Semi finals

fight 1
winner of Match 1 vs winner of Match 2

fight 2
winner of Match 3 vs winner of Match 4

Grand Finals

winner of fight 1 vs winner of fight 2

i'm hoping i can be the judge for the grand finals if we can organise a time so i can save all of those matches record them and upload to youtube on a monthly basis for each tournament grand final. unless you guys are uncomfortable with that idea.

Flash

When writing up the results of a match i would prefer it like this

e.g.
imagneto 2-1 geneterror666             (number represents matches won not rounds)

Pjai