• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Hey there!

Started by Fate, January 12, 2007, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Hey guys.
I don't live in Wellington just yet, but I can get in easy enough. Should *hopefully* be moving into town in the next month or two. I'll play anything 2D, but i'm really looking for serious competition in Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, and also maybe Guilty Gear X2 #Reload.
Anyway if you wanna organise some matches post here or leave me a pm and I'll give ya my cellphone number.

~Charlie

kyokei

Good luck, not many 2D games around here now as most have been taken away.
Theres still KOF & 3rdS though. They took away KOFXI which really annoyed me.
I believe NGBC is still at timeout

Fate

Yeah, NGBC is there. Next too T5 and a Mame cab. I only play 3s anyway, so thats all good. It's $1 for 2 credits now, hurray. The sticks and buttons are terrible though. Guess I can't be too picky.

mrgulabull

Hey Charlie, I met you a few days ago on 3S at the local Time Out Extreme. There is a bit of a Wellington scene, but it definitely isn't represented here. There are probably about 6-7 different people I regularly see on the game. You should see about adding the local arcade to the 'Arcade Locater' listed on the site, it might help to bring more people in. Anyways, I'm here for just another 2 weeks now before heading off to the South Island (Christchurch maybe?). Maybe we can get another game in before then. My ken is coming around ;)

Take it easy,

Scott

fluxcore

Quote from: mrgulabull on May 19, 2007, 01:49:14 AM
Hey Charlie, I met you a few days ago on 3S at the local Time Out Extreme. There is a bit of a Wellington scene, but it definitely isn't represented here. There are probably about 6-7 different people I regularly see on the game. You should see about adding the local arcade to the 'Arcade Locater' listed on the site, it might help to bring more people in. Anyways, I'm here for just another 2 weeks now before heading off to the South Island (Christchurch maybe?). Maybe we can get another game in before then. My ken is coming around ;)

Take it easy,

Scott

Hi there! Welcome to the site!

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of people overall, but at this stage the only way word can spread to the various centres other than Hamilton is by word of mouth - so please tell the people you know about it! Also, anyone can post the info about their local arcades in the forum, and I'm grateful for any additional info about them.

I'm actually surprised that 3s seems to be the game that draws random people in (well, MvC2 did that initally, but I don't know how many other people in NZ play that). I just remember years back when the entire SF community was rubbishing 3s, while I was playing it madly... and now the situation has reversed... :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Fate

Quote from: mrgulabull on May 19, 2007, 01:49:14 AM

Take it easy,

Scott

Ah right, Hi! While I realise this reply is rather late, and you will be leaving soon, I'd love to have another game or so. If you have a phone, my number is 0273810310. But yeah, I'll drop by as much as I can. There is definitly a few regular players. I was talking too one of the employee's one night, and apparently there is a "NZ Champion" at 3rd Strike. I have no idea whatsoever and how that was decided, but i'm more than intrigued.

I would invite you over for some casuals with my flatmate and I, we live across the road from the arcade, but as my Japanese 3rd Strike arrived, my ps2 with swap disc crapped out, and is now in 3290758923903275235 pieces. So yeah. We had everything ready too, heh, sticks etc.

Orochi

Okay then, it seems I'll have to wander down to TOExtreme and play some SFIII on Saturday evening... I'm more of a KoF person, but that doesn't limit me!

If anyone is around I'll play you, see how I match up...

EDIT: Was cool, A scrub, a cool dude, Patrick and Jon were around, I'm pretty happy with my pink Elena... Might actually get back into SFIII...

madaxe munkee

Lol I wish I could play GG with you, but well I guess you're a few years too late. I mained Chipp. But now I play Blazblue (like you should be playing) and main Noel.

That is all.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

Sdj

Quote from: madaxe munkee on December 31, 2010, 08:03:34 PM
Lol I wish I could play GG with you, but well I guess you're a few years too late. I mained Chipp. But now I play Blazblue (like you should be playing) and main Noel.

That is all.

NICE going on the extreme BUMP there mannnnnnnnn!!!!!

try ta avoid putting the DEAD topic/threads at the top like the rest of us by not going there.

btw you in wellington? post here dude and read some.

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1625.15.html

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1465.75.html
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura