• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism 3v3 Tournament THE SEQUEL - Saturday July 31st 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, July 01, 2010, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Heya Guys!

Due to the success of the last 3v3 tournament, and requests from you hardcare fighting freaks to do another one, we are gonna rock another 3v3 tournament!!!  So let us know your teams and let's doooo thiiiiiissss!!!!

Date: Saturday the 31st of July 2010
Time: Be there at midday to register and for warmups!  Start at 1-00pm
Cost: Cost will be $36-00 per team
Venue: GIGA Internet Cafe, 65 Wakefield Street, Auckland CBD

Rules:
-Teams will consist of three members
-Team order must be registered at the start of the tournament and may not be changed
-2/3 rounds per game
-Each player in a team must register a character, and must play only that character through out the tournament.  Players cannot change their character after the first game of the tournament has begun
-All players in a team must play seperate characters.  eg: Two players in the same team cannot play as Dudley
-Each team member will play until they are eliminated.  Once eliminated in a match, a player cannot play in that match again
-If the final member of each team end the final game in a draw.  Each team will then choose a team member and those two players will play a sudden death 2/3 round game to determine the match winner
-If there are less then 8 teams, the tournament will be played in a round robin format.  In the event of 2 or more teams tying in the round robin, those teams will face off until there are clear third, second, and first placed teams.
-If there are 8 or more teams, The tournament will be run in a double elimination format
-All other NZism rules apply
-Prize pot will be made up from the entry fee, less the cost of running the event and will be split 60/30/10 amongst the top 3 placing teams

Any questions then fire away in this thread!  If you are worried about not having a team, or think you might be short a player, by all means turn up on the day and we can pair you up with someone!

Spectating is of course FREE!

Should be fun so practice up guys!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I can probably make this one! But then I said that last time too, hahaha
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Well find out if you can so we can actually team up this time :P
KOW 2011

fluxcore

lol yeah I don't think I'm going to even attempt to join a team until I'm there, haha
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

[SAS]akuma1nz

Fuckn rats ive got a night out on this date at my uncles club (Ellersie Bowling Club) to watch AB's vs AUS... Grrrrrrrr... I hardout wanna come!!!
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

samurai black

Quote from: akuma1nz on July 01, 2010, 05:55:28 PM
Fuckn rats ive got a night out on this date at my uncles club (Ellersie Bowling Club) to watch AB's vs AUS... Grrrrrrrr... I hardout wanna come!!!

bro, ellerslie bowling club is top tier. meanest cheap drinks  ;D

[SAS]akuma1nz

My uncle is the president of the club so cheap as!!! Haha... Check it out on FB boys... New grudge match... Karizzma has put up a challenge 4 a mirror match... Karizzma vs ill_bill087 mirror match El Fuerte!!! Bring it on boys!!!
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

karizzma

No money, just bragging rights. I can already see that Bill is better than a black guy at hustling money away from people.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Firstly: Im not even sure if im gonna make this

Secondly: Ewww, Fuerte mirror. The idea of playing a match where the player who stops thinking first wins is ridiculous.

The whole match doesn't prove anything besides 'which player is better at playing a fuerte mirror'. If i win it, its not worth bragging about.

I'll play you if you REALLY REALLY want though. But im not gonna like it.

Quote from: karizzma on July 01, 2010, 10:20:34 PM
No money, just bragging rights. I can already see that Bill is better than a black guy at hustling money away from people.

You trying to tell me im not a black guy? Just hook the taro to my veins.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Cool,
I am training my subonent up... so hopefully she will be able to participate in this.. but maybe too early lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

zos'la

haha, I dunno how to spell that freaking word^^ hardly use it -.-
I means student >< now stop being so picky!!!

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la