• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift US/JP (360,PS3)

Started by fluxcore, July 03, 2010, 11:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

July 27th

BBCS FAQ from Aksys
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

Q: What is the release date for BlazBlue CS?
A: The official release date is July 27, 2010

Q: How much will the game cost?
A: MSRP is $39.99.

Q: What is the region coding on BlazBlue CS Xbox 360 / PS3?
A: The PS3 version is region free. You can play the US version of BBCS 360 on a US/Asian Xbox 360 which means it will not play in a European or Japanese Xbox 360. Sorry

Q: Will there be a Limited Edition?
A: Short answer: No.
Long answer: We really did want to make a fantastical LE, but due to time constraints and production lead times, it just wasn't meant to be. Sure we could have slapped together some crappy branded merchandise and threw it in a box, but you guys deserve better than that. You’ll just have to live with buying the game for the paltry sum of $39.99.

Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.

Q: What languages are in the game?
A: The US version will contain both English and Japanese voice overs. The Japanese version of BBCS will only have Japanese text and voices, except for battle call-outs, which will support English lines when playing against people playing the US version. Additional note: The Japanese version will not run on a non-Japanese 360.

Q: What new stuff is in the game?
A: - 3 new modes (in addition to all the modes from Calamity Trigger), Challenge Mode, Tutorial, Legion (sort of it was in the PSP version of the game)
- 3 new characters for the home console version (Hazama, Tsubaki, Mu-12)
- All-new story mode, with English voice-overs and cinematics
- Nu is back as an unlimited character.

Q: Will the game run in native 1080p?
A: No. The art and sprites are created at 720p resolution.

Q: Will the game modes from Calamity Trigger be returning?
A: Yes. All of them.

Q: Is Nu only Unlimited Nu?
A: Yes. Selecting the Unlimited version of Lambda selects Unlimited Nu.

Q: How will DLC character compatibility work?
A: On release day, an automatic patch will be released that adds Makoto to be played against, but not as (unless you buy the DLC, of course).

Q: How will the in-game unlockables be unlocked?
A: Just like in CT: by playing the game.

Q: Will DLC characters have theme music of their own?
A: We are unable to comment on this question at this time.

Q: Are Easy Specials still around?
A: Easy Specials are, technically, gone, replaced by "Beginner Mode". Beginner Mode is even simpler than Easy Specials--if such as thing can be. It's not that simple to explain, though, so that'll have to wait.

Q: Will Nu have a new story mode in CS?
A: No.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

I'd already put this up in the other thread, but yeah probably makes more sense for it to be here.
I'll be getting the U.S PS3 ver - can't wait.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

Yeah I copied it from that post. One day when I have some time I'll split the other topic into this one
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Quote from: maelgrim on July 04, 2010, 06:49:07 PM
I'd already put this up in the other thread, but yeah probably makes more sense for it to be here.
I'll be getting the U.S PS3 ver - can't wait.
Do you know anyone in NZ getting the US version that I can order online?
I'm looking at picking this up as an alternative to SSF4 but I'm crap at BB, maybe I should just play KOF XIII :-\. Hopefully some of you PS3 guys can play me online and help me out ;D
KOW 2011

Hydro

Keen to try this also once the nationals are over. Count me in for a newbie training dummy :D

maelgrim

I ordered my U.S version from playasia.
Seemed the cheapest.
Ebay has it as well as Amazon (but high shipping).

Haven't seen it yet locally for preorder (like firstgames.co.nz)

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

madaxe munkee

We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

snowystepo

Does anyone playing on psn already?

geneterror

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift/7701394/

Mightyape is selling the import version in 10 days. I'll probably pick up that version. I don't really mind having to pick up the DLC from the U.S store, I'll just buy a top up card from First Games.
Might log into my U.S account tonight to find out how much Makoto(?) costs.
KOW 2011

samurai black

i think the DLC characters were $7 USD a piece, so thats like $15 NZD?

although isnt streetwalker squirrel the only one available right now?

geneterror

KOW 2011

maelgrim

A 20$ U.S PSN card is about $34NZ from ebay (including shipping)
vs $45 from firstgames

geneterror

Yeah but I'm lazy and hate eBay.

If the guy on eBay rips me off I can't do anything, if First Games tries to rip me off I can go around to his house and sort it out ;)
KOW 2011

fluxcore

May as well just get it from playasia imo, my coworker got it in 1 day shipping for about $30 less than mightyape's price.