• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

New Player

Started by Simulacrum, July 05, 2010, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simulacrum

Quote from: geneterror on July 05, 2010, 04:20:31 PM
I mix up online and offline. Honestly it's hard to avoid online, it's good for practcing new tricks etc. I would be fucked without online as I'm to busy these days and have to many responsibilities to be able to meet up with people all the time to get offline practice. Without online I don't think I would have picked up a fighting game this seriously again I don't have as much time to kill in Yifans all day now either..
I play online a few night's a week and try and play a good offline session once a week. Like Skullator said come along to Ranbats if you're in Auckland it's a good way to exchanges notes/ideas/strats and get some offline practice with some of the best out there in NZ. Also a good way to hang with a bunch of good cunts ;)

Yeah I'm out in Blockhouse Bay so definately keen to come and spectate. I'd make a fool of myself if I tried to compete at all hahahah.

Simulacrum

Quote from: weazzyefff on July 05, 2010, 04:24:49 PM
Don't go online unless you can atleast hit that first combo i gave you consistently (c lp x3, c lk, ex GH). And practice some tick throw setups too ( lp,lp SPD etc.). After your comfortable with hitting those jump online. Actually just learn all those things i said except for the option select first then go online. It's honestly a waste of time going online with no knowledge, you won't be practicing shit, except button mashing

Online is allgood to practice. I don't know why people are saying don't practice online? Fuck them. Plus i hit my links all the time online. Oh actually the bad habits they were talking about were reckless play. But shit, your still learning. You learning that reckless gets you owned are you not?

But don't go fighting me just yet. Play someone a little lower level so you get time to actually think...and breath lol. After your doing pretty good (don't have to be beasting) i'll give you some games and help you out with some matchups.

Appreciate that man, I'll see how much I can progress then hit you up when I am little more comfortable. Haha I don't think I would last long at all against anyone that remotely knows what they are doing so I'll work at it.

samurai black

Quote from: Simulacrum on July 05, 2010, 04:26:27 PM
I'd make a fool of myself if I tried to compete at all hahahah.

bro, doesnt stop me :D

electric

Quote from: samurai black on July 05, 2010, 04:53:43 PM
bro, doesnt stop me from OCV'ing fools

This man speaks the truth
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL! Fark RIchard ay. Wada beast.

Yeah I'm out in Blockhouse Bay so definately keen to come and spectate. I'd make a fool of myself if I tried to compete at all hahahah.

Yeah it's pretty mean. When i first went to a meet up, i was on pad. And i did alright. Me and Mason had the mean LOL Ryu mirrors. I didn't know anyone else could FADC cos i was playing noobs online at the time.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

Dont worry about losing bro, most of the guys are pretty good about giving you some tips after you play and you'll learn heaps from that!

DVS

Quote from: Rorooze on July 05, 2010, 07:31:27 PM
Dont worry about losing bro, most of the guys are pretty good about giving you some tips after you play and you'll learn heaps from that!

Losing is how you learn, when I first starting playing SF4 I got owned at Yifans everyday for like four months.......making the swap to the timing was really hard when I started out (played nuthin but SFA3 for years)........in fact from memory my first few vanilla games were against Andy and he was ruthless.....

Study fundamentals like characters normals (what beats out what and when), find out if your character can cross up (handy after a knock down), find out if your character has a good "GTF off me" move, watch out for throws and tech them and choose your moments carefully when you attack.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Simulacrum

Hahaha I'm a bit pissed right now but reading your comments make me want to play. Though to be honest about all the SF I could crank right now would be fireball dragon punch cheese which I know wouldn't get me very far. :P How often do you all get on the piss and crank some mean games? That sounds like me :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Simulacrum on July 05, 2010, 11:17:54 PM
Hahaha I'm a bit pissed right now but reading your comments make me want to play. Though to be honest about all the SF I could crank right now would be fireball dragon punch cheese which I know wouldn't get me very far. :P How often do you all get on the piss and crank some mean games? That sounds like me :D

You and weazzy are going to be the best of friends.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Simulacrum

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on July 05, 2010, 11:25:07 PM
You and weazzy are going to be the best of friends.

Super man cuddles? I hope that noone will hold my west auckland stz against me. :D

Edit: Ahh crap, vodka got the best of me, all them SF videos I been watching are down the tube lmao. :D Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Super man cuddles are pretty much what the NZism community was built around.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Simulacrum

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on July 06, 2010, 12:08:30 AM
Super man cuddles are pretty much what the NZism community was built around.

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?! Hahahaha you all seem like a bunch of good cunts :D Do ya party much? :o I have a couple sticks if anyone wants to come out and kick my ass and get on the piss :D Seems like most of you play on Xbox but I have 2 PS3 sticks if anyone is keen to show me how SF is done properly :P

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Party much? Bro i make the Stiffmeister look like Bill.

I'm down to get on the horse anytime mane. I'll help out your SF steez too, i'm just down the RD in Glen Eden.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Simulacrum

Hahaha I don't know how everyone partys around here, but I'm keen to get on it and crack some mean games :D Hahaha you help me with my SF and I'll pick you up and buy the beers to get wasted on. :P

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Simulacrum on July 06, 2010, 12:27:17 AM
Hahaha I don't know how everyone partys around here, but I'm keen to get on it and crack some mean games :D Hahaha you help me with my SF and I'll pick you up and buy the beers to get wasted on. :P

Yeah! It's about time i get the acknowledgment for my work in the community. Preach! I'll PM you my no. for good times.