• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Australia / Battle Arena Melbourne - October 2nd - 3rd

Started by EXC355UM, July 21, 2010, 02:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXC355UM

Just posting this here in case some international players are in Oz during this time. Or if anyone is looking for an excuse to go on holiday to Melbourne Australia.  :punch:

US player ClakeyD might be there I heard. Would be good to catch up with him again. Hopefully we see some more international players make it down.

NZ, it's basically a short drive to Melbourne, Australia. No excuses.  ;D

Shadowloo Article
Original Thread

Quote from: Loki
BAM2010
That's right, Melbourne's biggest fighting game tournament is back and better than ever, we've stepped it up this year and have an even better venue just blocks from the location of last years event. We'll also have a longer schedule with the possibility of additional games and side-tournaments.
We hope to see you there because this year it's going to be huge.

Date
October 2nd and 3rd, 2010

Venue
Event Room 2: CQ, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

CQ is located at the very centre of Melbourne's CBD. It is approximately a 5 minute walk from Flinders Street Station and a 10 minute walk from Southern Cross Station.

Accommodation
We have organized an accommodation discount with the venue, so you can stay upstairs from the tournament, and simply (shower and then) roll on down in the morning to continue the action.
Prices are: $139 a night for a Superior Room (normal price $159)
$159 a night for a Deluxe Room (normal price $179)
Both rooms can include two king sized beds and thus can be shared
Brochure here (see page 5):
To get the discounted rate, simply state when booking that you are attending for BAM and they will ensure you get the lower rate accordingly.

This place is a little more upmarket than last years, so I believe the rates are a little bit higher. The venue however is very central, so if you wish to opt for a cheaper option many other hotels and backpackers are within easy walking distance. Even last years venue is only 5-10 minutes walk away.

Games
BAM2010 will continue the tradition of last years event by maintaining competitions for all the official games that were run last year, or their logical sequels.
That means:
Super Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Melee

However we are also pleased to note that pending community interest we will be adding a 3D stream to the timetable, which should also accommodate players of Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5 and Soul Calibur IV with an official tournament, and possibly more.
We are also pleased to announce that we will have more time in the venue this year, and as such may have the capacity to add several new games to the schedule. If there's something you'd like to see become an official tournament, please let us know, and it will be considered.

Registration
The site will go live soon and we will start to take pre-registration as soon as that happens.

Price
$25 pre-registration or $30 at the door
Each official tournament will have it's own entrance fee as posted on the site when it launches.

More Details
Coming very soon!

What would you like to see?
BAM is a tournament for the community, if there's something you'd like to see this year, we'd love to hear from you. Hit up this thread, or talk to any of the Couch Warriors staff at a ranbat event and we'll be happy to take it on board. Want state vs state exhibition matches? Want new games? Let's hear it.

And most of all...
Get Hype.

CrazyMobius

Winner of our Nationals should go to this. If they want to...

zos'la

good stuff, I hope some NZ would step up and go for  the experience.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im tempted. Im not gonna lie. Ill be hitting up OHN in December/whenever that is, so i might not have the funds for this, but if we get a decent contingent going, i could probably scrape some ticket money together.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

EXC355UM

Hope so, the NZ guys at APAC were all cool. Would be great to meet more NZ players.
Last year BAM had close to 100 SFIV players in it's Debut year.

Hopefully see more for SSFIV. Going to be a great event with a whole heap of interstaters coming down.  :)

HoneyBadger

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on July 21, 2010, 12:27:16 PM
Im tempted. Im not gonna lie. Ill be hitting up OHN in December/whenever that is, so i might not have the funds for this, but if we get a decent contingent going, i could probably scrape some ticket money together.

OHN imo we'll be the Smoofology contingent ft. fsrbirrywong
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Pretty keen for this after missing out on Sydney.

iMagneto

I'm Actually thinking about going to this event.~ it will be my first time entering a international event :)

Skullator

Would be pretty fun Mike, We could stay at the venue on the saturday night, most intense 2 days of Street fighter ever!

EXC355UM

Someone has to rep NZ!  8)

I think Sydeny is sending over like 10.
WA has like 5 coming.
South Aus has a bunch.
QLD has a few.
Singapore might have some coming.

Going to be hectic!  :-X

EXC355UM

Just a heads up for those who will be here Friday night.
This might interest you.

SSFIV Event / KOTM High Rollers Tournament â€" Oct 1st

- Note: This is the night before BAM.  :)

zos'la

bro..
I really like that Chun Li Picture.. where can I find it?

EXC355UM

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
AS for the pic, best person to ask is my brother who made the image.

Leave a comment in the article (He'll see it) or PM him on Shadowloo forums or OzHadou.  :)

EXC355UM

Just a reminder that this is on tomorrow. For those who can't be there, don't forget to check out the live stream from the event.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bam2010
Good luck everyone!

zos'la