• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter x Tekken test footage

Started by DVS, July 26, 2010, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

budafist

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[8-----D] Toots

DVS

HoneyBadger

Yeah, I wouldn't post it in the other thread that says SF x Tekken either.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

More details are surfacing for Street Fighter x Tekken from Famitsu via AndriaSang.

* Development of the game started just two months prior to the reveal at Comic-Con.

* Game wont be released for a while -- two years at least -- look forward to 2012!

* Next major reveal to be expected around Captivate next year.

* Initially planning on putting in early generation characters from each franchise into the game.

* Standard 6-button layout is planned for the game along with a "assist" or beginner mode of some sorts.

* Both the CAPCOM and NAMCO versions being developed independently from each other -- seen as a "competition not a collaboration" according to Computer and Video Games.

zos'la

ah nice update, good to know these timelines.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

coldfire

if the game rolls out like this, then call this sf4.1 and forget about it.

yes the game is some 2 years away and a lot *could* change - but i won't bet my money on it.

in fighting game terms, sf and tekken are polar opposites. both franchise have very solidly established each of their own distinctive fighting system over the years, they just don't mix. kazuya has been completely botched in the gameplay footage and every other tekken characters will suffer the same fate in capcom's version, while i can't even begin to imagine sf characters doing side steps and juggles in namco's version - c'mon, this idea is just way over the top.

all this is going to do is giving sf-centric players the complete wrong ideas about tekken (and vice versa for namco's version). just because its got tekken characters in it doesn't mean it's anywhere nearly related to tekken; yes this whole idea has great entertainment value and wow factor, but this is where the amusement ends. as a tekken-only player myself (and i'm aware i'm not welcomed here) i refuse to play a tekken character that can't side step or apply ground wake up oki etc, while i don't see how you guys will enjoy playing a sf character that doesn't have cool (really?) looking ultra animations or missing a shoryuken means you get punished with half of your life gone.

in all seriousness, the idea of sf vs tekken should just remain in people's dreams, while capcom should focus their resource on developing the next sf and namco should just concentrate on trying to come up with a decent t7 (since every new system introduced since t6 is rubbish)

Skullator

It's had 2 months in development, and is still 2 years away from it's first expected release..
So I wouldn't worry about the trailer too much just yet.

Since two different versions of the game have been mentioned, one from Capcom and one from Namco, doesn't that mean your concerns about a middle ground between the two styles of games may not be necessary? It's pretty clear one will play like SF, with the Tekken characters seeing the most changes to fit the mould.While the other game will play more like Tekken, meaning the SF cast will probably see the most changes in that one.
I don't think players will get the wrong idea's about each others franchise based off of playing one flavour of SFvT, surely with it being a dual release people will know what's up..

DVS

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on July 26, 2010, 05:09:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't post it in the other thread that says SF x Tekken either.

Some of us are to handicap to click "Show unread posts since last visit" at the top of the forum to see a thread already posted

Also, I love to eat Oleets Dick

stereomonkey

Quote from: coldfire on July 27, 2010, 11:14:11 AM

Ummm, how about waiting till it comes out before judging.

Unless you own a hot tub that travels through time? :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

DVS

Quote from: Skullator on July 27, 2010, 11:31:40 AM
It's had 2 months in development, and is still 2 years away from it's first expected release..
So I wouldn't worry about the trailer too much just yet.

Since two different versions of the game have been mentioned, one from Capcom and one from Namco, doesn't that mean your concerns about a middle ground between the two styles of games may not be necessary? It's pretty clear one will play like SF, with the Tekken characters seeing the most changes to fit the mould.While the other game will play more like Tekken, meaning the SF cast will probably see the most changes in that one.

Yeah the idea of two versions sounds pretty interesting....I haven't really played Tekken since T3 and I'd be interested to see how Tekken characters play in a SF style and vice versa.....