• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

DC Universe

Started by stereomonkey, July 26, 2010, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

I need to upgrade my computer asap, this is looking like its goiing to be AWESOME!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-who-dc-universe/702049?type=flv
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

Signed up for PS3 beta, hopefully I get in so I can take it for a hoon.
KOW 2011

budafist

the trailer is one of the coolest pieces of comic media I've ever seen. I so wish they would make a whole movie like this
as for a mmorpg? no thanks

its like Star Wars old republic, amazing cgi trailers, bland grindy bollocks gameplay.
sorry for the hate, but it reminds me of the amazing cover art on atari 2600 games. bit of false advertising I think

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

stereomonkey

Awww, I like Old republic :(

Will wait to see how the game turns out.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Oh yeah I might get this just for the Create a Character aspect.

geneterror

I'm assuming you'll get the PS3 version? You know there's a monthly subscription ay. It's $14.95 a month in the US I think so I'm guessing at least $25 a month here.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Quote from: budafist on July 26, 2010, 10:59:44 PM
the trailer is one of the coolest pieces of comic media I've ever seen. I so wish they would make a whole movie like this
as for a mmorpg? no thanks

its like Star Wars old republic, amazing cgi trailers, bland grindy bollocks gameplay.
sorry for the hate, but it reminds me of the amazing cover art on atari 2600 games. bit of false advertising I think

So somehow you've managed to play both TOR and DCU before beta phase? Please hook me up with your connections.

With Sony online having developed both Free Realms and EQ I'm pretty interested to see how this shit turns out, they probably wont have any sort of a decent competitive PvP aspect so I doubt I'm going to play lol. In regards to TOR it's probably not going to be very grindey at all. They're almost developing it as a single player game you need to pay a sub for..... lol.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

budafist

what I meant was, these game have epic trailers, but from what I've seen of the gameplay its kinda misleading.
I mean if mmorpg's are you thing, then all good. I just cant  see the the attraction, (unless I'm underating having a second job you have to pay for)

anyway I'll stop trolling :)
I would of though City of Heroes had this market sussed? seems like DC will be very similar?
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on July 27, 2010, 08:56:44 AM
I'm assuming you'll get the PS3 version? You know there's a monthly subscription ay. It's $14.95 a month in the US I think so I'm guessing at least $25 a month here.

Wah? Ongoing money...?

geneterror

Yeah ongoing costs...

I don't know why people complain about this (not aimed at you Simon) but the developers of MMO's have to cover a lot of bills in regards to the upkeep of a persistant virtual world including server/bandwidth costs etc. I don't know why people are surprised about the ongoing cost. It's why I will skip this unless some of you guys pick it up. I'm waiting for FF14 :)
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Yeah, it's a lot of money. WoW has 11mil overheads each year =/

MUMMYHALA

Simulacrum

Video looks sick, be interested to see how gameplay is.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on July 27, 2010, 02:39:22 PM
Yeah ongoing costs...

I don't know why people complain about this (not aimed at you Simon) but the developers of MMO's have to cover a lot of bills in regards to the upkeep of a persistant virtual world including server/bandwidth costs etc. I don't know why people are surprised about the ongoing cost. It's why I will skip this unless some of you guys pick it up. I'm waiting for FF14 :)

Why not just have advertising before the game starts I say?

HoneyBadger

Tried that with dekaron. Didn't work so well. It's not worth keeping servers up 24/7 with routine servicing and new developers for only like $80.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius