• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

DC Universe

Started by stereomonkey, July 26, 2010, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

budafist

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on July 27, 2010, 02:42:22 PM
Yeah, it's a lot of money. WoW has 11mil overheads each year =/

oh no poor blizzard! shit they must be struggling....... oh wait, they make about 150,000,000 a month!! off the poor saps that get roped into it.
(not to mention the extra almost 1 billionevery time an expansion comes out. this is based on 10,000,000 players, even though its more like 12.
11 mill?..... pft. its BIG business. with these kinds of numbers they want to get people playing and keep them playing pure and simple.

the way I see it this is becoming the matrix. blizzard is the machines. we are the batteries, making money instead of energy.

you must become Neo to save us all.  probly need a really well geared lvl 80 Neo for this instance

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Barnstorm

I heard activision were going to charge a fee for call of duty (not the one comin out in november) since its the only way to make money apparently

i understand WoW which has servers but they are just being greedy with COD

If more people start doing this i am done with that shit and going to stick with stuff like ggpo

Lennysaurus

Quote from: budafist on July 27, 2010, 11:13:49 PM
oh no poor blizzard! shit they must be struggling....... oh wait, they make about 150,000,000 a month!! off the poor saps that get roped into it.
(not to mention the extra almost 1 billionevery time an expansion comes out. this is based on 10,000,000 players, even though its more like 12.
11 mill?..... pft. its BIG business. with these kinds of numbers they want to get people playing and keep them playing pure and simple.

the way I see it this is becoming the matrix. blizzard is the machines. we are the batteries, making money instead of energy.

you must become Neo to save us all.  probly need a really well geared lvl 80 Neo for this instance

Not saying that they dont make heaps of money, but they actually take a hit when they drop an expansion.  They dont make extra from it.

But yeah WoW is so addictive.  Some people seriously need to get help with that shit.  I used to play it alot, and I definitely felt the "pull" of it.  I sort of play it in spurts.  Ill redo my account for a month or two and play it.  Then I'll just leave it for a few months.  THe endless grinding really annoys me and also the excessive min/maxing attitude you need to have.

Also WoW players embody the whole "I'm anonymous on the internet so I can be a dick" attitude which can get tiresome fast. 

In saying that, I wouldn't mind having a crack at this DC Universe when It comes out.  Make a big smashing guy that runs like the flash!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

wow sucks, end of story..
I played for 10 days and got lv 29 and I gave up. Nothing knew from it, raids, grinding, lame pvp, lame skills, ANOYYING MAPS especially in the city.. there are no indications where things are, u have to ask a freaking guard and then find it on ur mini map (useless), GRAPHICS SUCK BALLS.
There are plenty of better next Generation MMo's coming out late this year and early next year which I am waiting for.
I'll put a list up  on another thread FYI :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: budafist on July 27, 2010, 11:13:49 PM

I'm going to say you're either a really big troll, or an idiot.
Judging from the way you play Street Fighter, I'm going to assume the latter.

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on July 28, 2010, 09:43:34 AM

WTF?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

WoW sucks balls if you dont play it with people you actually know IRL. Jumping on vent and smashing people with smoof and ben was probably the most fun ive had with that game, and will be the only reason i might pick it up again when the new expansion drops.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

kingpiccolo

what about our 5s team lol those were awesome even though im like scrub at 5s ...... and 3s ....... and 2s...... /cry

budafist

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on July 28, 2010, 09:43:34 AM
it was a response to your baffling post that it cost alot of money to keep wow running, which comparitivly is bullshit.
Now the problem with wow is that it doesnt suck. its amazingly well made, problem is its made to lure people in and keep them playin/paying.I've watched too many people's RL level go down as their wow level goes up. its kinda sad.

And last time I played you at Yifans I won first game & you took second. seems about even to me. 

except that you're a foreskin lover who wouldnt even return a "gg"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: budafist on July 28, 2010, 02:13:49 PM
it was a response to your baffling post that it cost alot of money to keep wow running, which comparitivly is bullshit.
Now the problem with wow is that it doesnt suck. its amazingly well made, problem is its made to lure people in and keep them playin/paying.I've watched too many people's RL level go down as their wow level goes up. its kinda sad.

And last time I played you at Yifans I won first game & you took second. seems about even to me. 

except that you're a foreskin lover who wouldnt even return a "gg"

BIRRY WONG DEMANDS TO SEE MONEY ON THE LINE
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

I'm not gettng out of bed for anything less than 300. dw bro I'll lie and say it was ggs at the end of this one ^_^

MUMMYHALA

budafist

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on July 28, 2010, 02:53:46 PM
BIRRY WONG DEMANDS TO SEE MONEY ON THE LINE

only money on the line is what I take out of Oleets wallet after I kick him along the gutter.

of course you wouldnt get outta bed for less than 300, coz thats what you're pimp pays you to stay in it.

HoneyBadger

Cute.

Is that a 500 dollar mm then?

I'll be happy to accept ^_^

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Bring the Hype Buda!