• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

DC Universe

Started by stereomonkey, July 26, 2010, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I call lies. Its WoW, DC edition.

But for real it actually looks pretty interesting. It just seems like something that needs a lot of time invested, like any mmo, but with MVC3 on the horizon, I dont think i can make that kind of commitment.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Its an action mmorpg. Think of it as God of War or Devil May Cry gameplay where you press certain buttons to create combos and you have spells which stun or do extra amounts of damage etc. You can also block and dodge as well so it seems more interactive and less like a grind. Also just got my 2nd 30 and thinking of making a villain but their armor tiers look shit lol.

CrazyMobius

Hey I heard something strange about this game. Someone said you can't name your character the same as someone elses. And it was first in first served.

Is this right?

geneterror

That is correct, all MMO's are like that. It has to be that way because you are all in the same "world" so you can't have characters with the same name. It keeps your game save on their server stored by character name so it would be a nightmare if more than one person had the same name. You have to remember this game is entirely online so you're sharing your gamespace with all the other people playing simultaneously.

Also it would suck to have made a cool character, given him a persona and a good name and then warp into the main hub and see someone with the same name and powers.

Simon what shifts are you on this week? Suzannah has her own copy now as well.

KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on February 08, 2011, 09:02:50 AM
That is correct, all MMO's are like that. It has to be that way because you are all in the same "world" so you can't have characters with the same name. It keeps your game save on their server stored by character name so it would be a nightmare if more than one person had the same name. You have to remember this game is entirely online so you're sharing your gamespace with all the other people playing simultaneously.

Also it would suck to have made a cool character, given him a persona and a good name and then warp into the main hub and see someone with the same name and powers.

Simon what shifts are you on this week? Suzannah has her own copy now as well.

I've got Friday off. But prob be a bit busy this week.

But man that name thing really bugs me and even bugs me enough not to get this game. So that means that I can't put any existing characters I have created into this game. That sucks so badly. That was going to be the whole reason for me buying it.

I don't know why they didn't just use the players PSN username as the name and then have the character named what ever you like.

Also I don't get it why you can't have characters named the same. I mean that is not like the real world. I know there are at least two or three other people in Auckland alone that share the same name as me.

geneterror

Yeah but it's different to the real world as you don't have to save your life and log out, the characters get saved by the character name it's just how it works. So they can't have to characters with the same name because they would overwrite each others saves. You can put the characters you've created in as long as the names are original. All the "obvious" names are taken so you can't have Dark Angel or stuff that's to obvious and probably taken and you can't name them after an existing DC Hero for obvious reasons. If your name has have enough thought put into it should be original enough that nobody else will have taken it. Suzannah wanted to call her character Kittie Katto, which was not taken because it's fairly original and matches the character theme/idea.

Plus I think you're in the minority. My fire guy is called NovaFlare, I'd be pissed off if I walked out of the main hub area and saw a fire guy with handblasters standing there called NovaFlare. It would ruin the illusion of my character being unique in a world filled with actual other people playing there heroes.
KOW 2011

geneterror

Honestly I don't know that you will like it. Well I you might like the actual gameplay but I understand what you want from it, the character creator. But the things you dislike so far are things that are common to all MMO's, it's just how they work. Most people are happy the way it is so it's not going to change.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

All my character's names are pretty common unoriginal single words. Since I made them when I was in high school. :/ I guess I could just put little symbols in front of their names or something.

Oh well. Yeah, still hope to get to see it in action at yours before the Marvel buzz takes over everyone's lives. lol.

geneterror

Yeah it's Ranbats this Friday and I'll be at work all day. Maybe if you're not doing anything on Sunday you can come over for a look if you not busy Suzannah and I will be playing it anyway most likely, you got my cell number anyway so just let me know.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

The main reason you can't have the same name is pretty much the same reason why we can't have the same names on this forum. Rather than feeling stink about me having the same powers and name as you because we had the same idea, how would you feel if I specifically made a character called CrazyMobius who looked like you and went around talking shit to everyone knowing there was nothing you could do about it? It's also just a bitch if you log in to send a message to geneterror but instead the message is sent to the other geneterror in Alaska. On the internet, a name is all you have.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I feel like posting in this thread for some reason. Also, im thinking about getting this, but theres no way ill play it after MVC3.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: HoneyBadger on February 08, 2011, 10:16:17 AM
The main reason you can't have the same name is pretty much the same reason why we can't have the same names on this forum. Rather than feeling stink about me having the same powers and name as you because we had the same idea, how would you feel if I specifically made a character called CrazyMobius who looked like you and went around talking shit to everyone knowing there was nothing you could do about it? It's also just a bitch if you log in to send a message to geneterror but instead the message is sent to the other geneterror in Alaska. On the internet, a name is all you have.

True.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 08, 2011, 12:15:49 PM
I feel like posting in this thread for some reason.

Feels good doesn't it?