• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BBS13

Started by Wugga, July 11, 2007, 08:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wugga

Back in Waipuna, (sorry this post isn't giving much warning - had other things on my mind with Xlan coming up), your quad (or more if you're keen to travel) yearly source of DOA, Tekken, Smash Brothers tournaments.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

I take it that this event has occurred already? I see the BBS site is advertising the BBS14 already (although no fighting games are in the tourney lineup??)

Also, you still want some sparring practice?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

Yeah.
Yeah it's happened - put up a post-tournament thread a while back... where've you seen the advertising? Tournaments getting run usually happen via organiser and volunteer help, meaning if I don't show up, DOA tournament ceases to exist, as with Tekken (and BlahBlah I think it is), SSBM and Dan. Halo is pretty much a staple, but it's not so bad when some of them are keen enough to step outside the FPS world and enter some other tournaments. As for what tournaments get promoted, that's up to whoever's doing the promoting, if it's M, chances are he's going to mention the heavy hitters and his personal interests (Halo, tennis and pro evo at my guesses).

Hell yeah I want someone to train with - got smashed in Singapore, but spent some time playing the Australian (I call him Ayden) and learnt where I've really got to pick up my game (not to mention just practise practise practise).

fluxcore

Oh, I was just updating some things and noticed it had probably been run, but didn't see a date in this thread, so I looked on the BBS site, which had some info on BBS14 (although not a hell of a lot).

So we'll have to hook up sometime so you can teach me the basics. I still don't have a car, but I'm sure I can work around that.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

SUre thing - hit me up on MSN, the_wugg@hotmail.com