• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Daigo Vs Arturo Sanchez $$ match -EPIC SIM BATTLE

Started by DVS, July 30, 2010, 04:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_raEdyfJ7s&feature=player_embedded#!

Epic Sim battle - vid is a little slow to start but shit...how tough is it to get near Arturo!  :o

Daigo Vs Arturo Sanchez $$$ match
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

this is the rematch from evo a few weeks ago bill , not the old daigo vs arturo set .

arturo won the 2009 evo money match and daigo won the 2010 money match set .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

lol theres a dude in the Dhalsim thread giving Arturo tips for next time lol.  Same thing happened to him last year.  Not sure if it's a troll or not.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ah true. TBH i just saw the date in the video title and made a dumb assumption. Will have to watch it a bit later.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on July 30, 2010, 05:32:38 PM
lol theres a dude in the Dhalsim thread giving Arturo tips for next time lol.  Same thing happened to him last year.  Not sure if it's a troll or not.

im sure a couple of times arturo would have won if he had done ex up flame

electric

I watched this just the other night... some suuuuper clutch moments in there... honestly one of the most exciting matches I've seen in a long, long time. And yes, I do realise I said that about a DHALSIM match.

Such amazing spacing from Arturo... it really does look like a hard match for Ryu
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Fuck yeah, saw this the other day. The final match was so tense.
KOW 2011

DVS

My brain was fried just from watching it......the best Ryu taking on the best Dhalsim....

Arturo has amazing spacing.....It was really hard for Daigo to get in and he was picking his moments perfectly to attack......

Was also surprising that Arturo wasn't using the teleport much at all.....I thought he might bait Hadous and do the tricky behind the back teleport into that damaging yoga flame super cancel combo...he had tons of meter most of the time.....guess his strategy was make him walk into the wall of stretchy fists then jump into godlike anti air....

Daigo did some amazing FADC action....his normal walk forward, footies punish, hadou pressure strategy was fuct right from the get go.....

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on July 31, 2010, 11:20:44 AM
Was also surprising that Arturo wasn't using the teleport much at all.....I thought he might bait Hadous and do the tricky behind the back teleport into that damaging yoga flame super cancel combo...he had tons of meter most of the time.....guess his strategy was make him walk into the wall of stretchy fists then jump into godlike anti air....

Problem with that strat is that its just a guess.  You cant do it on reaction.  And if he guesses wrong he ends up right next to Ryu, which is where Ryu needs to be to win the match.  So muuuuuuch better to play safe.

If youre playing a sim that just randomly telleports, they're prolly pretty bad.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on August 01, 2010, 02:33:41 AM
Problem with that strat is that its just a guess.  You cant do it on reaction.  And if he guesses wrong he ends up right next to Ryu, which is where Ryu needs to be to win the match.  So muuuuuuch better to play safe.

Yea, good point....I thought with the amount of Hadou's Daigo was throwing he might have tried to finish him with something more agressive when he was up on health and had the meter...I guess you can't underestimate Daigo in any situation....he used every single last block and pube heair of health until he saw an opening...is a fucking tough match for Ryu probably one of the hardest.....was awesome to watch

maelgrim

Quote from: DVS on July 31, 2010, 11:20:44 AM
My brain was fried just from watching it......the best Ryu taking on the best Dhalsim....

Impressive, though Mochi got it done at Gods Garden.
http://www.shadowloo.com/?p=1943
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

nztauranga

Can Ryu focus attack Dhalsims arms or even shoryuken Dhalsims Strong punch, risky but effective?
-work to live not live to work-><>

Barnstorm

Quote from: nztauranga on August 13, 2010, 09:59:22 PM
Can Ryu focus attack Dhalsims arms or even shoryuken Dhalsims Strong punch, risky but effective?

Cr.mp hits a lot of limbs
jab srk is also good but free hp for sim if you know its comin
I think only hp can be focus attacked