• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Hey

Started by Coddfish, January 12, 2007, 07:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddfish

Hey.
So not much to say, I live in the suburbs of Auckland (Howick), and its easy enough to get into town where Yifan's is.
I'm relatively new to fighting games, only started to actually play (as opposed to just dicking around with my mates) a little over a year ago, when I picked up GGXX#R. I like to think I'm at least a little better than a common scrub, but basically all of my play has been at home, fighting against the computer. I have very little  vs human experience, but I'm hoping to do something about that.

If you want to have a match, just PM me or whatever. Hell, if you want to train me, I'd be stoked :P
I'll play pretty much anything 2D, though what I've been playing most (and thus am best at) recently are #R, SFA3 and CVS2.

geneterror

Is GGXX#R available for PS2 in New Zealand I haven't played Guilty Gear since GGX on Dreamcast.
I've been concentrating on KOF 2002 lately.
KOW 2011

Coddfish

Quote from: geneterror on January 14, 2007, 01:16:42 AM
Is GGXX#R available for PS2 in New Zealand I haven't played Guilty Gear since GGX on Dreamcast.

Not anymore, unless you get lucky and find it on TradeMe.
I would say your best bet would be to import Slash (its a decent price now at www.play-asia.com), or wait for an English release of Slash here, which who knows if that will happen.
Or you might want to wait and import Accent Core when it comes out in Japan; Swap Magic boot discs are a dime a dozen these days.

fluxcore

I found XX#R in my local Cash Converters a while back, so it IS around, but you have to be lucky to find it, yeah. Accent Core will undoubtely be worth importing in; especially since we haven't even got Slash yet. No release date in JP as of yet though.
Sirlin of sirlin.net fame said a while back on alphaism radio that Slash was being ported for U.S., but who knows where that's at... kind of moot to release it now AC is out in arcades now anyway.

Some guy at Yifan's rocked my Slayer with his Venom on saturday, complete lock down. Although I was absolutely unable to get out even my B&B combo...

KOF2k2 is brilliant BTW! My personal fav KOF (although I didn't get a chance to try XI in yifans! It's supposed to be great....)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

;D Yeah u have to try kof XI...too good...feel da arcade feeling yo... ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Eddy_COMBO

Wassup Guys...

I see yall 2D enthusiasts which is all good. I play Capcom vs SNK 2 I'm not that good but challenges would be sweet...

I love 3D fighting games but wondering is there anyone interested in...

Virtua Fighter: I love this game just there are no challenges in Yifans when I go...
Tekken 5 DR: I use Eddy and I ain't that good
Soul Calibur 2: I use Cervantes but I'm all cheese LOL
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

Ulrira

I play vf4 at yifans occasionally, I suck though. You any good?

Also any word on them getting vf5?

Eddy_COMBO

Yeah I play VF4 I use Akira and Brad. I'm not good, I mean can't do Akira's Stings lol...

I usually  go in to play Tekken but VF4 as well

I usually go in Yifans on Tues, Thurs, Fri 4 till 9 easily recognisable Afro Islander lol....
Sweet, Suweet....
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

Ulrira

Cool, might see you there. I use Shun-Di, don't really know wtf I'm doing though. (mostly play 3rd strike)

ABC_SMN

Quote from: Ulrira on January 19, 2007, 05:34:46 PM
Cool, might see you there. I use Shun-Di, don't really know wtf I'm doing though. (mostly play 3rd strike)

3rd Strike?
Who do you use?
Have I see you in Yifans before  ???

Ulrira

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 31, 2007, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: Ulrira on January 19, 2007, 05:34:46 PM

3rd Strike?
Who do you use?
Have I see you in Yifans before  ???

Mostly Urien and Q. I usually play at game paradise but I've been going to yifan's more and more lately since gp moved. The people that do play there are good, but there are only a few of them left.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Random fact: I played my first game of 3rd strike ever yesterday. and i damn near beat it. And by it, i mean stage 1.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 01, 2007, 07:48:49 AM
Random fact: I played my first game of 3rd strike ever yesterday. and i damn near beat it. And by it, i mean stage 1.

T_____T
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

ABC_SMN

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 01, 2007, 07:48:49 AM

ROFL!

zos'la

meh first stage FTW!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.