• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Got the YLOD

Started by Nick4now, August 09, 2010, 02:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

*Sigh* What the hell do I do to solve this problem  :'(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

That really sucks man  :( And only a couple of weeks out from nats even.

Have a chat to weazzy. He suffered from the YLOD and got a full replacement. Did you trademe it or do you still have the receipt?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

stereomonkey

Quote from: Nick4now on August 09, 2010, 02:26:26 AM
*Sigh* What the hell do I do to solve this problem  :'(

Xbox360 yo
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

scribble

Oh WTF!? that sucks hard bro :'(. If you don't have warranty you could try find someone who fixes them, there are a couple people around who fix RROD so there should be a few who can fix YLOD. Or as the very last resort you could try and fix it yourself... but if you mess up the D.I.Y motherboard repair, it'll destroy your ps3 (even more). I have only spent a couple mins looking it up so I don't know if it's of any real help, but there is a guide for fixing YLOD motherboard problems. Just keep in mind YLOD is caused by a general hardware failure, it is not guaranteed to be a motherboard problem, and the guide is for motherboard only fixes.
Actually... instead of me pretending to know what I'm talking about, how about you have a thorough read through this discussion and decide for yourself:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/YLOD-REPAIR-GUIDE-NEW/td-p/41416218
and mediafire link to the D.I.Y guide:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jtbdbcjydbn.

If none of that helps you could come and play Vampire Savior with me on GGPO!

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 09, 2010, 09:57:27 AM
Xbox360 yo

swapping YLOD for RROD ftw?

On a side note I got my xbox back yesterday and it had RROD'd, had to go buy a new one :-\. The PS3 is still going strong though (knock on wood).

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

fluxcore

Didn't Richard just get his YLOD ps3 fixed?

(didn't it also YLOD again after a week or so?)

HMMM
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Ummm, how long did you have the xbox console for?  They have I think 3 years fo RROD.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Rorooze

AFAIK RROD consoles are fixed regardless of how long you've owned one, unless they can prove misuse or whatever.

YLOD should be fixed for free as well, if it isn't just start quoting the CGA.

You're fucked if you purchased second hand though.

scribble

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 09, 2010, 12:43:24 PM
Ummm, how long did you have the xbox console for?  They have I think 3 years fo RROD.

about 5 years, RROD'd after 4. lost the receipt anyway

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Print a copy of CGA.

Talk to the retailer you purchased it off. You will need proof of purchase, bank statement or what ever. If they are dicks like JB HI FI then ring Sony which are also dicks.

PS3 life expectancy = 5 years. It's a mix between DVD player and Computer, mostly computer hence the 5 years. I can't remember where, but I had a dudes court reference as well for back-up when he took Sony to court over it. I got it somewhere from NZ gamer. Didn't have to use it though.

You can get it fixed or a replacement (refurbished model). The refurbished model is quicker and takes them less than 5 days to send you one after they get your proof of purchase statement.

If that one breaks down you are entitled to a full money back back guarantee NO SHIT! Take it and get a PS3 250 Slim and buy me some bourbino's for my services as "attorney mane".

The retailer AND Sony will try bull shit there way outta it if you sound black, so try to be as white as can be. This is where I fucked up. Stick to your guns because you are on the right side of the law and they owe that shit.

Last resort - threaten them to take them to the disputes tribunal. You will obviously win, trust me on that shit.

Do a bit of google too if you want, that's the fucking hassle i had to go through lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

scribble

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 09, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
snip

Mean post, shot Weazzy. know what I'll be doing if mine goes to shit

Nick4now

Ahhh Shit I bought mine from EBs but lost the receipt  :-\ I would go for the DIY route seeing as in the US it costs 150us to fix but I suck balls when it comes to DIY jobs. I remember a few years back I opened up my PS2 slimline and tried to "modify" it so that I wouldn't need to ever use those magic switches for Swap Magic. That was a big fail  ;D

My PS3 has also had previous troubles, last year the laser malfunctioned so I couldn't play any type of discs. I didn't have the receipt back then and called up Sony asking how much it would cost and they said in total (including P&P) $400. I was like fuck that, I'll just use it to watch shit and play Tekken DR offline until I found a local man who would do it all for $200. I'll probably see if this man knows anything about fixing the YLOD, he only lives like 5 minutes away  8)

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'm gonna have to rely on Mashups or going to Redtie's place to prepare myself for Nats. In the mean time I'll probably be on GGPO instead  ;D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Research a better place to do it in N.Z. I found a place to do it for $150 nzd but then i got it done for free anyway. Sony send it to expensive fixtronic fags.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Nick4now

Serious? How long did it take? If I can't find a guy who can do it cheaper here in Chch I might as well bring my PS3 along with me to Aux and get it fixed there if it doesn't take longer than 3 days lol

EDIT: what do you guys think about this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation-3/Consoles/auction-308229318.htm

If its at a cheap price maybe I could just buy that and put in my 40gb & Blu-ray drve?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer they said it would take three days. Their reeal fobby asian guys though, might be dodgy.

Trade me link sounds like a shit model, probably a rip ff.