• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Got the YLOD

Started by Nick4now, August 09, 2010, 02:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Yeah I'll have to look into it first. I just realised that I would probably have to send my PS3 over to Aux if I want to get it done there. I arrive at 7pm on the 19th and leave on the 23rd at 8:15am so depending on their working hours its probably too much of a mission for them.

Anyways, the laser replacement was $200 because:

new laser: $150
installiation: $50

Fucking Fixtronics tried to milk $400 outta me for that.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Rorooze

Quote from: Nick4now on August 09, 2010, 05:54:36 PM
My PS3 has also had previous troubles, last year the laser malfunctioned so I couldn't play any type of discs. I didn't have the receipt back then and called up Sony asking how much it would cost and they said in total (including P&P) $400. I was like fuck that, I'll just use it to watch shit and play Tekken DR offline until I found a local man who would do it all for $200. I'll probably see if this man knows anything about fixing the YLOD, he only lives like 5 minutes away  8)

That basically invalidates your warrenty so no free YLOD fix for you.

Anytime something goes wrong with a console just start waving the CGA and you'll get it fixed/replaced free.

samurai black

yeah, mine cost me about $130 to get it fixed. took like a month since it was some guys home business and he already had a bunch of consoles waiting. it borked a week later :/ but the dude was sweet about me bringing it back to have another look.

i just havent cause he lives in papkura and i dont have a car :/

Snake1337

Oh dude tht sucks so bad my first ps3 got that bout a year ago but i was lucky enough to have my bro print a receipt putting it within warrenty so i was able to get a replacement but they had 120G models out then yet they still gave me a 40G one lol but i was happy having ps3 back
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

Nick4now

Yeah it hardout sucks so I won't be having our usual Dudley vs Juri matches for a while  :-\

BUT! Apparently there is a cheap fix. When I say cheap I mean $2 cheap!  :o

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?p=102145#post102145

Apparently you only need four Washers. But like I said before, I've failed too many times to ever do a DIY job again. So if anyone's keen to do it for me that would be super  ;D

EDIT: OK maybe not, I continued to read other posts and seems like it failed for most of them. Oh well :'(

Nick4now

Damn The CHCH Guy no longer repairs PS3  :'(

Anyways Weazzy could I get contact details of the people who do it for $150? I would go for Samurai Black's cheaper offer but I don't think I can wait for a month  :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/4kwb8y/ps2-ps3-psp-xbox-xbox360-repair-modchip/

I rung them and they fobby as asian dudes. Might be dodgy, but they said it would take flee days.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Shot bro, I'l flick them a txt. Hopefully they can understand it  ;D