• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

"The Aftermath" The Nats 2010 Post-Tourney Thread!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, August 23, 2010, 12:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

CrazyMobius

Hey I saw a guy from AUT was writing an article about this event. Does anyone have any info if this
will be published anywhere?

fluxcore

I have a little information but not really enough to answer your question sorry... might show up in the AUT newspaper?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

WEazzy,
Ur welcome to practice if there are any west gatherings, as I said before we got off the wrong foot.
Ill look forward to see ur bison again.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

samurai black

oh yeah, shout outs to heb.

so wished i couldve played more marvel with you man

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fark does anyone else think it was a little scary my prediction was so close.

I had 6 of the top 8.

And in that order!!!!

Wholllyyyy shheeettt
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 23, 2010, 03:10:24 PM
Fark does anyone else think it was a little scary my prediction was so close.

I had 6 of the top 8.

And in that order!!!!

Wholllyyyy shheeettt

Yeah bro gutted I missed out on that. :(

Next year for sure! :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Hydrokinetic on August 23, 2010, 03:25:39 PM
Yeah bro gutted I missed out on that. :(

Next year for sure! :D

Yeah ya cunt you fucked up my prediction lol.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

This year was good as!

The 3S finals :o

More than anything though it was just real good to catch up with so many people, old friends and new friends!

Shot Bill, for the ride up to Fortuna on Saturday and entertaining me with your saltyness at dinner :D you have the worst luck at Nationals bro.

Good work on all the out of towners making the trip up to Aucks, hope it was worth it for you guys. Munta we all missed ya bro!

Saw some epic matches on the weekend. Rumble your match with Jack was tense as, I though you were gonna take it ay. Then that damage scaled Demon when you thought the final round was over :D Good work on placing so high though!

Good to see some new blood placing high, good work Skullator, Rob, Rumble and The muthafckin' Weazal!

Martinizzle, see ya on BB:CS ;D
KOW 2011

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: geneterror on August 23, 2010, 03:55:04 PM
Saw some epic matches on the weekend. Rumble your match with Jack was tense as, I though you were gonna take it ay. Then that damage scaled Demon when you thought the final round was over :D Good work on placing so high though!

Good to see some new blood placing high, good work Skullator, Rob, Rumble and The muthafckin' Weazal!

Martinizzle, see ya on BB:CS ;D

Lol yeah I was proud of my performance against Jack up til that point. I play Jack online quite a abit and he usually thrashes me. Last ranbats we played he 2-0'd me so I'm stoked that I took one game from him. And how I got up before it was over, I almost did the same thing in my last game against Simonfish. Lol.

Was happy with that match as well.

Progress: Check.

Cant wait to see the Sunday matches uploaded.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

awesome 2 days , ive got heaps of tech work to do now tho dammit .

nice to put faces to names and to meet all the people who came from out of auckland .

everyone played really well and all the top 16 matches were epic .

cant wait to see all the vids !!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Flash

Had an awesome time despite my performance first tournament out of the way definately be coming up for others

shoutouts to

Lenny: awesome repping dhalsim properly and running a wicked tournament bro and for being an overall pretty cool guy.

Skull: awesome to finally meet you and having the lamest MM ever made me look free should have just busted out cammy to try to crowd please GGs bro you were on point with your chun.

weazzy: beasting hard bro to bad i met you the second day bro keen to get on the piss next time i'm up for sure bro. rep PSN hard bro.

iWicked: for choking against heb aswell, would have liked you to go through but i didn't want to lone out. also for all the rog practice online.

Hydro: for the directions to the bus terminal i would have got lost and probably raped so cheers for that.

scribble: mainly for sticking with mak no matter how hard i try to get you to drop her, also cool to meet you after all these matches.

geneterror: definately play you on blazblue soon bro

getting tired of writing so also good to meet

massi4h, crazymobius, rumble, kingpiccolo (nice fei), nick4now

also anyone else i forgot

stuff you crazykiller and your juri
and hebretto and your bison, actually heb your pretty cool can't stay mad at you, you smiled to much.

cheers for the hospitality fullahs and i'll probably see you guys soon. peace.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

CptMunta

Man, gutted I missed Nattionals this year. Glad it went off though :)

Cool to hear weazzy did so well. Shot bro! I always knew you were a beast. I always told everyone not to sleep on weazzy, when your focused you are a tricky customer. Congrats bro :)

Dunno how well Nick4Now did. But am stoked he did the mission up regardless and repped our scene down south. Good stuff. I really hope to make next year. Maybe team chch? ;)

Cool to hear everyone had such a good time. Did the prizes find you guys ok? Wondering who got what and how much cash.

Looking forward to the vids. Hope there's some behind the scenes style comments and stuff not all just matchvids.

3S sounded sick! Can't wait for more ggpo or 3S online when it comes out so I can get schooled.

Off topic a bit, though I missed nats I'm entering a 96 man ssf4 tournament in holland on Saturday. So at least I get to test drive my rush down Rose in a major this year. With no console I'm going to get schooled :( will try and rep nzism hard though.

Congrats for such an excellent event. Cool to see everyone come together like this. Warm fuzziesEspecially to Lenny, Rorooze, Bill, Ben, Grahame for tackling this mammoth task for the community. And of course Alan without this site we wouldn't be here.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Rob

Hey thanks guys..

Cool community, glad I joined it.
Cheers Lenny for organizing the tournament, I really enjoyed it an am looking forward to the next one. I like how everyone is constantly helping each other with tips an stuff, I really learned a lot from Fong, Ben and Heb in particular . Thanks guys.

Had some pretty good games on the first day but got rolled in the second lol

karizzma

Man Nats was awesome!!

Cheers to everyone who helped organize and setup. Really sorry to you guys for not coming on the Sunday. I was just really not feeling well and I didn't want to disappoint my fan (Birry Wong) by showing up with a half ass attempt El Fuerte.

GG to all who I vs there. I'll try to highlight the match's I remember

SAS guys (Nate and Manclaw keep going. I know you guys haven't had much exp with the game but it was good you guys made a showing. Kinda funny how we got matched and the GIANT GET OFF MY TABLE STICK!)
Hydro (You were not joking when you said "I beast El Fuerte". Just got taught how to play that game... Hunters for LIFE!!)
Blackstar (Just straight hype. I feel like we are suppose to fight till the end of time me and you... REMATCH!!)
Scribble (Awesome Makoto bro. That double uppercut thing made me go into training and try it. So awesome.)
Smoof (Great game. Never played a Sagat so I was pretty much winging it. Where was our SC2 game?)
Mobius (WoW just can't get Blanka down. Need more training against a Blanka as good as yours. GG)