• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

"The Aftermath" The Nats 2010 Post-Tourney Thread!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, August 23, 2010, 12:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Dunno where to post photos so they're going here.. Haha. They're not that great cause
it was so dark but fark it.

If anyone can put names to faces, let me know so i can edit. I actually only met a few people
so any other names i know are just from overhearing conversation and i prob forgot heaps :P

Also, i quickly got bored of taking photos so there's not many and most are from the first day.
Got some videos of HDR to come too. If you like watching Sim throw loops, you'll love it. :D

Andy & Lenny

Andy & Lenny #2

Moose(?)

Ioane

Epic Stick!!

Simonfish(?) & Moose

Geneterror & Simonfish

Zarzob && Daedalink

Stereomonkey && Ironsol(?) && Blackstar Ninja && Samurai Black

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

bottom photo is from left to right: stereomonkey, ironsol?, blackstar ninja, samurai black
third from bottom is: zarzob and daedalink (tekken 6)

CaptainHook

Quote from: Rorooze on August 23, 2010, 10:43:27 PM
bottom photo is from left to right: stereomonkey, ironsol?, blackstar ninja, samurai black

Uh yes, i knew this except ironsol. Just got lazy with the group photos. :P
There's more i know further up too, i'll edit.

Quote from: Rorooze on August 23, 2010, 10:43:27 PM
third from bottom is: zarzob and daedalink (tekken 6)

Thanking you. :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The brown dude in the 4th photo is Ioane(Kingpiccolo)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Damn what an awesome event! It was great to meet everyone in person, Flying over from Christchurch was totally worth the experience! I was disappointed that I choked so early in SSF4 but luckily there were other dudes around who I could share my pain with and have a little group crying session ;D Fricken stoked that I got one round against Kevin in 3s  :P

Big shoutouts to:
Scribble: Again thanks for hosting us on Friday bro, big prop for sticking with Mak during the tourney! Also thank you so much for the Xbox 360, if I can get it fixed I'm gonna have to go and grab a copy of SSF4 and a stick  :) I owe you big time!

Skullator: Congratz on making the top 8 dude, I was really backing you! I think it's clear that you are the top Chun player in NZ. You're welcome for helping you learn the Juri matchup  ;D

Lenny: Shot for setting up an awesome event and just being an overall GC! Glad that you actually got to enter SSF4, would've been sad that you put in all this effort to organise something awesome but only to spectate. Thanks man.

Ioane aka KingPiccolo aka cheap ass tick throw looping bastard  ;D: Good to meet you bro, had to play you three times in the tourney. Talk about unlucky for me lol GGs man, I'll get you next time!  ;D

and Weazzy Mother Fucking Goldberg Efff! Shot bro going from not winning a single game last year to taking out Pool B undefeated was fucking awesome! W. Bison is the man!

Was also good to meet Flash, Bill, Smoof, Mason, Rorooze, Karizzma, Rumble, Genterror, my uso Wicked Ways, Toomeke, Paddy, CrazyMobius, Imagneto, U-man Flux, Stu and everyone else! Man keen to come back next year and actually place somewhere this time lol

Also somebody teach me 3s, the finals was so epic it made me want to get into it  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

EXC355UM

Sounds like it was a mad event. Well done NZism.
I want to post up an article with the results tomorrow, so if I could get full results, plus characters used, pics, vids and whatever else you guys want in the article, I would be more then happy to post it up on Shadowloo and TEC.

Hope to see you guys at BAM!
Oh, and don't forget, there will be a Marvel vs Capcom 3 playable set up at BAM.  :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: EXC355UM on August 24, 2010, 01:14:08 AM
there will be a Marvel vs Capcom 3 playable set up at BAM.  :)

FUCK. Dont tell me this. Its gonna make not being able to go even worse.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[CYS] hebretto

I forgot who initially asked me to come to the nationals but I have to thank them for bringing it up because I really enjoyed my time here. As some said it was nice to finally put names with faces and it was good to see the EVO APAC reps again!

Massive shoutouts

smoof - Team AV Premier and being my assistant over the weekend helping me with pick-up; accommodation; and drop off. Just need to introduce me to people next time I was a tournament virgin on the Friday night hahahah. And introducing me to burgers. House of smoof and Cat of smoof is too awesome.

BIRRYWONG - thanks for being so gutsy driving in the rain on the Friday picking me up and carting us around shame we didn't get to play like even one game though hahaha. We still have that one game of Transformers Escalation mode haha. And thanks again for manning the video station.

Orochi - shame we didn't get to play KOF at all and just just missed out on Tekken as well. Hope we can get some games in the future other than cvs2

BIBmeke - Relaxual Sex bro hahaha. Thanks for being the main driver over the weekend and thanks for listening to my old man nostalgic rants while in bed (no homo). Not to mention the advice in sf4 during the Sunday I think that really helped me out. sf4 gimmicks is low tier. 3s gimmicks is top tier hahaha.

Lenny/KingPiccolo - ggs on the MM guys Lenny thanks for organising the stuff night before and throughout the weekend and coming back from work to give me money hahah. Ioane dude you have to go to Brisbane meetups when you get back seriously there are people interested in more than just sf4. Look forward to our next cvs2 session K groove is bolo

samurai black - Richard man sad we didn't get to hang out more thanks for offering me the drank on the Saturday and sorry I didn't know it you was when we first met honestly I thought you'd be one shade darker and a bit shorter hahahaha. Mean mvc2 match sorry we got owned by the 360. And we didn't get a chance to crawl for the Maori ladies hahahaha

Stereomonkey - Stu! Happy to have finally met you (again!) since OHN3 been too long and you're always so elusive. Congrats on the second place in HDR

The brothers Jackatron aka Gankasmash - keeping it real with the sf4 and man shame you two had to play each other in the top 8 but that's always bound to happen. Fong your photos were good way better than mine dude hahah and thanks for offering your place on the Saturday night too kind. And that stylin 1 frame combo you did in the top 16 HATERS WANNA HATE LOVERS WANNA LOVE I DON'T EVEN WANT NONE OF THE ABOVE hahaha

zosla/weazzy - Andy I hope you and weazzy can sort out whatever you might have had in the past no need to settle beef through money matches the community is too small to be split over something like this. Nice to see you both on point and hope to maybe get some games with you guys one day.

Frankie - dude totally could not recognise you! I wonder if anyone else from Sydney will hahaha. Congrats on the second in 3s ... yet another guy I didn't get to play

Simonfish - you work too hard! You make me feel guilty for cutting back my hours hahaha nice game in mvc2 and 3s would've loved a round robin between you and Kururu

Devilstar - Hope your wife was happy with the earnings you brought back from the weekend hahah your Zangief had me second guessing myself sometimes. Shame I paused by accident in our last match I would've really liked to play it out and see the end result

iMagneto - Mike you and I played each other in losers in three different games. You're up 2-1 on me so I will be looking for revenge in the future hahaha hope the notes I gave you help in your future XBL battles

moose/chuckk - sorry you guys had to see the 3s gimmicks I unleashed upon Auckland ... and be the eating a good majority of them hahah. Thanks for the props on the ghetto-ness ... it gives me confidence to unleash on Melbourne next month hahaha

blackstar ninja/geneterror - man no offense guys I thought you two be brown hahahah. First time I saw DA DAMAGER I didn't think the floor of GIGA could handle having both of us there hahaha. Graeme rep the ChunLi in ST/HDR!

People I played in tournament - (I forgot the name) Abel don't be afraid to fish for dict MK/HK with FA -> dash forward command throw get up all in his grillz. Rob dude don't worry about the results of the top 16 you did good for your first tournament just need to kick some of your bad habits and just remember sometimes to stand your ground. Martinizzle we had a close game just got unlucky when you felt the pressure towards the end and got caught by my hell's attack into ultra. Jay mad unlucky you missed the headbutt into ultra dude sometimes things like that happen I hope in the future we get some casuals so we can iron it all out.

Hydrokenesis (sp) - godsend for finding my PS2 cable I would've been gutted for losing that!

Rorooze (Rory) - fantastic job on the Saturday didn't get to thank you in person for being so on the ball telling me who I play next and what character they use as well hahah

fluxcore/Gino - you guys missed out on so much should've stayed longer. Gino wtf is up with r4 Haohmaru you think you can run shit just because you're the popo? hahahaha Hope you gave Domination101 to someone who could appreciate it Alan

massi4h - duel hand tetris? hahahaha

Custom stick dudes - there's sooooooo many custom sticks in NZ! Most of Sydney is just stock TEs hahaha

Everyone else - just because I'm a nice guy :)

FYI I think Team AV will be closing business in NZ ... starting up a new one soon called RYS. GET READY
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

moose!

I had a pretty awesome weekend/week. Had some good games, met some sweet dudes, learnt heaps of stuff. Cheers Lenny and Ben for running shit, Rory/Skull/Smoof/Ben for letting me use their sticks, Mason for showing me how not to lose my shit under pressure and convincingly beating my ass three times ( ???), and anyone who yelled when I did/should have 720ed.

Special thanks to Griz for putting me up/putting up with me and for running most of the matchups through my 3 day Hawk  ;D

moose!

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 23, 2010, 02:16:38 PM
Hey I saw a guy from AUT was writing an article about this event. Does anyone have any info if this
will be published anywhere?
If that was Adrian (guy wearing leather jacket) I'll hopefully hear from him about it soon, I know he plans on writing a feature on it.

massi4h

Haha shot Ben, I shouldn't be beating you, but you did choose those money matches stupidly haha. Q vs anyone, then Oro vs Chun :D Yay for me landing a kkz reset, but also it doing no damage whatsoever due to your stupid taunt lol.

EXC355UM

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on August 24, 2010, 01:30:55 AM
FUCK. Dont tell me this. Its gonna make not being able to go even worse.

Haha, sorry man. I just want to see the NZ army make it over to Oz again!  ;D

stereomonkey

Awesome photos captainhook!  Would be awesome if you could provide your expertise at another event that we will hold because those are some great photos :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 24, 2010, 09:43:16 PM
Awesome photos captainhook!  Would be awesome if you could provide your expertise at another event that we will hold because those are some great photos :D

Thanks!
I just need as much notice as possible for future events to try get off work. I often work weekends and
it can be difficult for me to get/plan time off. :(