• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

"The Aftermath" The Nats 2010 Post-Tourney Thread!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, August 23, 2010, 12:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iMagneto

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

St1gnate

cheers guys about my stick haha Karizzma cheers for the tips with El Fuerte, all the guys that set it up you kick ass.
Mean event nice to meet some of you fellas

stereomonkey

That stick was boss dude!  Looked like it was ment for Andre the Giant (Or Hugo even). ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

nice to meet you dude , nice to see you on the forums too , boss stick !!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

rofl I just randomly stumbled into this img

First thing I encountered when getting to the nats was lenny struggling to work out why one setup wasn't working. Guess what the problem was?

hahahaha

zos'la

HAHAHAHA!!!!
U give the L man the infinite POWA!!!
good to see you at Nats Alan, great to have you involve with these events, you should try to make it whenever u have time.

One thing I would like to suggest is that this year's prizes wasn't all that great tbh, I think we really need to figure out something, maybe charging a bit more to boost the prize pot or something? even get some sponsors for us.....but then again sponsors are a pain to deal with sometimes.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

i thought the prize pot was pretty dam awesome ....
heaps of money was given away
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on August 26, 2010, 11:10:52 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!!
U give the L man the infinite POWA!!!
good to see you at Nats Alan, great to have you involve with these events, you should try to make it whenever u have time.

One thing I would like to suggest is that this year's prizes wasn't all that great tbh, I think we really need to figure out something, maybe charging a bit more to boost the prize pot or something? even get some sponsors for us.....but then again sponsors are a pain to deal with sometimes.

I thought the amount of cash was fine considering our scene.  If we want to charge more, then we need to have a pretty premium event IMO.  You may or may not remmeber but I did alot of canvasing late last year and ealrier this year as to what people would or wouldn't pay, and that is how I came up with the entry fee.

The sponsorship stuff is honestly a huge annoyance to me.  I tried to make contact with sponsors several times.  I even approached you and other NZism members that had spoken with sponsors for previous events and even they had no luck so I don't know what to do there.

Having said that I think that the focus should be on the event and the positive feedback from the members, which barring a couple of things is what we have received.  The only way to get the pot bigger is to have more people enter, or to find someone to sponsor events that don't ignore my emails/phonecalls.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Yeah I thought prize money was pretty epic for an event as small as that. Kevin got over $200 for winning SSF4. Sure 3rd place for T6 was like $13 but there musta been only like 8 people in the tournament. We all know it would be great if we could get big enough prizes to get the attention of more overseas players, but definitely not atm.

zos'la

Its goign to be near imposible to get someone to sponsor teh event for near to nothing...
we maybe able to get Giga to sponsor the venue? but knowing the owner.. he is realistic when it comes to figures ahahah.
I agree that sponsors never reply our emails.. or maybe we just went through the wrong channels...

anyways with regards to entry fee, I think what we are doing is pretty damn good and we SHOULD charge more for the entry fee, even just $10 more will change the whole look of teh prize pot, thus will encourage more transtasman competitors or even further than that. Our scene are looking great from what I see and I believe the majority of the players skills have even up over the year, well for SF4 anyway. Also running 5 games is too much.... I think 3 is good enought...
anyways, I really think its a good time to start thinking with regards to further boost this even to another level.

Also I would liek to suggest that we need to get soem hardware for ourselfs, even just 2 setups that we can use for our tourny. Eg we can have like our usual rambats but charging a few dollars more, the money will go towards our hardware as teh session goes we should make enought... these hardware can we stored at Giga for as long as our Oganizers are around we can take them out to use? I think at this stage we should look at Monitors, xbox we can supply from our community.
In saying we should really start to strike a Deal with Giga for our future events, but let me know what you guys think.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

St1gnate

the entry fee i thort was reasonably good, will can have a chat with some of the dudes at samsung (i deal with them tho work) no promises cause theyre cheap tight bastards, but keen to no when ranbats start so level my game up haha, but for the size of the communuty i dont think we can expect a huge pot atm, just need someone to win some lotto.

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero