• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

KoF XIII match vids

Started by fluxcore, August 28, 2010, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Still not quite sure what to think of this game tbh. Not exactly feeling my blood boiling while watching vids.

But at least I have a pretty good idea which chars will make it onto my team if I do decide it's worth playing.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

I'd want to get this game pretty much just because it looks so luscious. I'm pretty sure the sprites are based off of Falcoon's art. But traditionally I suck at KOF games (or just never really played enough?). Would like to hear from people that know the difference between a good KOF game and a not so good one.

PS: I'm guessing this game is released then?

PPS: I'd LOVE to see this graphical treatment on a Samurai Showdown game.

Snakey

If your gonna get KOF make sure its XIII not XII.
XII Falcoon decided to oversee the game mechanics.....it ended up sucking nuts, sucking these nuts... T.H.E.S.E Nuts. Fighting was awkward and slow, a majority of the moves were remade and ended up being broken in some sort of way. Some normals *cough*Iori*cough* were so, so, so, BLOODY STRONG. Way to strong.(Side story - Iori has no more flames but has become faster)

XIII in a word...... "Fixed"

Alot of KOF were awesome, even the spin-offs. 94-95-96 were great starters, 97 was the ever classic, 98 had a cult following, 99 introduced striker system story wasn't so great though, 2000 the striker system lead to having "full health combos" (Joe anyone??), 2001 not really a fan of it. I was playing Garou: Mark of the Wolves more, 2002 was a remake of 98 in a sense,no story just fighting and it was excellent, 2003 man where do I start.
I hate it and I love it. I hate it because of Ass..I mean Ash Crimson and I love it because of the Godly Shen-Woo!. And man is terry so strong in this game.
Its pretty much up to you how you would judge KOF. If you want some practice in KOF I can help you in that department.

P.S: Samurai Showdown looking like this, what a fan-fucking-tastic idea.
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

originaljulz

I always wanted to get into KOF but never got around to it.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Eddy_COMBO

Those matches were sweet as. In the second vid they chose their button layout, its probably not necessary but its a nice addition. 2D sprites look awesome.

In some other vids I've noticed that Raiden's charging drop kick is awesome. The range and speed is pretty ridiculous, if you didnt have to charge it for like 16 sec or so I'd say its broken. I wonder if it can bust through projectiles lol.

This vid shows how sweet it is (especially at 2:45 wow).

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

That drop kick is just fucking stupid. I'm not sure I even want to play a game with that thing in it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

omfg I am so gonna play as Raiden!!

WA POOMBAAAAA!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wholly farrrkkk. I was just gonna say this game looks pretty shit. Then i saw that DK and was likeeee daymm, this games does look interesting.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I like that all the characters have retarded damage with meter in this game. The drop kick looks really awesome. But this game has heaps of potential for stuff like that. As for not playing the game because the dropkick is retarded. Jesus. Harden the fuck up. Thats like saying you dont want to play marvel because of AHVB.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Holy shit man, chill out. I'm not saying it's so broken that it ruins the game and I don't want to deal with it, I just think it looks so damn dumb that I don't want to see that shit over and over. Some times games have ridiculously good things which look awesome, I think this looks totally facepalm.

And if you think that's a bad reason for not liking something, meh.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Eh? Im chilled. I tell people to harden the fuck up all the time. We cool bro, we cool. Sorry if i gave the wrong impression.

I just think this game is going to have HEAPS of stuff like that. And in order for it to do massive damage it should (if my miniscule kofxiii knowledge is correct) require a shitload of meter. Ill have to watch the video again when im not in a hurry to go score a free meal off of Kate. Admittedly, Raiden does seem to have it pretty easy. That shit was like 3 hits and a super. It just looks like gimmicky crap. Its like Silbers heel drop xx heel drop DM in KOFXI. That shit does like 75% damage for one meter, but once you learn to block its not a massive threat, and outside of it silber has really abusable weaknesses.

Dont get me wrong, hating something for your reasoning is all good. I just have my doubts that something would be as retarded as that looks in actuality, particularly in this day and age.

Have faith in SNK. >_>

But yea. Sorry dude. No hostility intended i assure you.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

The second first part of the gfs. (whoops)

Shen looks kinda interesting... except of course that his abs go all the way up to his face.

also: I like backturned combos. Would like to see it in more 2d games.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The dropkick is bizarre. You hold down a kick to charge it (like fuerte's quesadilla bomb). Its also MAD unsafe on block. Not sure how the charge time is, but the dude in the video comboed it off of a punch, then into a punch, then into another dropkick, so it must be pretty lenient. Yifans seems to run slower than these videos unfortunately. And we've already experienced an awesome glitch with benimaru and vice today.

It was this one:

If the player uses Vice’s “Splash” move and then begins trading ground attacks with their opponent, the opponent’s character will get stuck in stun animation. The match will end only when time runs out. Tougeki states that the player playing as Vice will be disqualified.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

They have this at yifans now?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG